• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Conversion of Arabella in the HMS Mordaunt

There is a new version of Mordaunt. See the first post.
The problem with the bowsprit should be fixed.
The vessel and the masts were exported to Maya. I hope that now the reverse lighting bug fixed. Please test and post here. :mm

i know this aint the right place for this
if u wanna get rid of the lightning bug open up the mesh atributte editor in maya make sure that u have double sided and opposite unchecked
[attachment=5682:bug.jpg]

if u notice the mesh is displayed insideuot [attachment=5683:insideout.jpg] just reverse its normals [attachment=5684:reverse.jpg]

Thank you. Just that fixes the bug. I now have the Unicorn exported to Maya and tested, and the reverse lightning bug is gone. The lighting is now correct. But it would be good if anyone else is testing. :onya
The Unicorn is just the reverse without lighting bug.

I'm sorry, but it seems Mordaunt still has the lighting bug (based on update 1.02).
I haven't tried the Unicorn yet (still needs porting to PotC), but if what you've done to that works, maybe you could try the same technique for the Mordaunt? :?

@ Experienced Captain
Mordaunt update with reverse lighting bug fix coming soon. ;)

The reverse lighting bug has been fixed. :onya
Yes it has! :woot
Great job, pgargon! :bow I'll upload the PotC version soon.

Unfortunately, the reys still seem to have the bug, though luckily it's less noticeable.
And the fonar_day and _night models seem to both appear at once, flickering between the two.
I may just have to remove the lit version and locator, perhaps. :shrug
I do not think the fix caused this, by the way. There are a couple of other ships I've seen this on.

Brilliant! Much more better! :dance

As for the fonar issues, indeed I saw that even with stock AoP/CoAS ships at times in PotC.
I already removed the fonar_night files from some ships and removed the locator, but didn't do it for all.
However, I can confirm that DOES fix it properly. :yes

I already removed the fonar_night files from some ships and removed the locator, but didn't do it for all.
However, I can confirm that DOES fix it properly. :yes
I'll do just that then. :onya

Yes, she's been included since Patch 4, I believe.

Yep she's, I should've checked modDB before doing those ups... It's strange that we don't see those new beauties in game so often...

Most of the new ships are restricted to their own historical time periods and nations, for realism's sake.
Mordaunt, for example, can only be encountered in 'Tales of a Sea Hawk' and 'Hoist the Colours', in English encounters and shipyards.
I know that means you don't see them as often, but when you do they're quite a sight. ;)

Back