• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Convert models to AoP2 bones

Southsider

Landlubber
Hi all! I need help to convert multiple character models to AoP2 bones, that models can work with standard animation. Alas, I myself do not understand this.

Maybe it will facilitate the task - Models that will convert from the game, which on the Storm engine.

In return for your help, I can do something to help you in Storm coding or to do something for you. :)

Are you saying you have created your own character model and need to attach it to the AoP2 skeleton?
Or, are you trying to convert an existing character model from another game to AoP2?

If you've made your own character, you will need to use Maya 5.0 to rig it to the skeleton.
First, download the help files from here: http://piratesahoy.net/build/tools/Help/HelpFiles.rar

In the HelpFiles\MayaFilesTextures\Characters folder, you will find Dragoon_1.mb. Open that in Maya 5.0 and you will see an example character with the AoP2 skeleton attached. You will need to replace the example character model with your own, and skin it to the skeleton.

Unfortunately, I've not done this before, so I can't help you any further than this point. :read

Thanks for answers, Pieter Boelen and Armada!

Are you saying you have created your own character model and need to attach it to the AoP2 skeleton?
Or, are you trying to convert an existing character model from another game to AoP2?

It is a question of adding models from another game. But this game is also on the Storm-engine, so I thought that this should make it easier (char models also in GM format and work in the same way as in AoP). The problem is that the animation models (when added to the game) runs crooked. Models begin "breaking". Whether there is such an opportunity to correct these models to skeleton AoP?

According to the conversations of some people - to work with this pointless. As explained for me: to attach to the model new skeleton I need to "build a model again". Due to the fact that the model should be "divided into meshes and attach each polygon to the bones". What you think about it?

Are you trying to port a PotC character to AoP2? There is one tutorial for that, but it only covers a method of using the existing PotC model and skeleton, so it doesn't work perfectly in AoP2.

I think the main problem is that AoP2 characters have fully rigged faces with moving eyes and mouths, and PotC characters don't have the geometry for that.
@Pieter Boelen, do you know anyone who has successfully ported a PotC character to AoP2 and gotten facial animations to work?

Are you trying to port a PotC character to AoP2? There is one tutorial for that, but it only covers a method of using the existing PotC model and skeleton, so it doesn't work perfectly in AoP2.

No. I want to port VCO (Voyage Century Online) char to AoP2. :)

Use these models:
screen001.png

This armor can be equip like a cuirass in Inez Dias TOOL. And do likewise for helmets. :unsure

@Pieter Boelen, do you know anyone who has successfully ported a PotC character to AoP2 and gotten facial animations to work?
I don't think so. But if you look at some of the CoAS character models, I'm pretty sure they DID originally come from PotC.

No. I want to port VCO (Voyage Century Online) char to AoP2. :)
The only such thing ever done was the "Meigger" model currently in PotC. I think that was converted from VCO by @SirChristopherMings but he hasn't been around in forever.
You can have a look at these ancient posts as that is all we have related to this: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/another-fine-mesh.11827/page-3#post-259483

The only such thing ever done was the "Meigger" model currently in PotC. I think that was converted from VCO by @SirChristopherMings but he hasn't been around in forever.

Too bad! He did not leave their contact details.

Probably, I'll do it myself. At least make an attempt to but I don't know what will come of this. :(

I'll wait, maybe more someone replied to this topic. Anyway, thanks for help! If I can do it I will write what I got

Last edited:
At least you now know that for VCO to PotC it can be done.
I think Mings used only the TOOL to do it.

I don't know how he did it. But I don't think Mings ever was a Maya expert, so it probably was the TOOL.
You might want to look through the various buttons and read through the documentation that comes with it.
I'm pretty sure it does have "binding skeletons" buttons somewhere in there, but I never used any of its more advanced features.

While @Jack Rackham or @Bartolomeu o Portugues never did any of that either, they have used the TOOL the most of anyone here.
Perhaps they have come accross anything that might help?

VCO character models are something completely different. Split into body and head. I have no idea if it's possible.
Neither do I know about the skeletons. Isn't there an ancient tutorial made by Ines Diaz herself?

Back