• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Included in Build Custom Pre-Defined Character Choices

Fast Galleons don't have the mast on the bowsprit. What they have is about five times the crew and much more firepower than the Golden Hind - even the merchant one has 38 guns of 9lb compared to the fewer, smaller guns of the Golden Hind. If you retexture one of the fluyts and remove its bowsprit mast, plus raise its crew from 60 to 85, that ought to do the job.

Fast Galleons don't have the mast on the bowsprit.
See picture.

To me this beauty looks most like the Golden Hind. It's just the 38 cannons instead of 22.
Crew, weight and all other values are easy adjusted.

Attachments

• mast on bowsprit.jpg
    mast on bowsprit.jpg
    430.4 KB · Views: 88
  • Pirate Fast Galleon.jpg
    Pirate Fast Galleon.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 105
Indeed based on the image you showed before, that is the first ship I thought of too. :yes

The Derfflinger light fluyt or the pinnace Berlin light pinnace are the closest matches with the fluyt being the closest with her narrow stern. It would be easiest to have a modeler just lop off the end of the bowsprit rather try to find something with the right angle and textures.

The fast galleon is HUGE! It is larger than the Revenge for instance. If someone could shrink it by 1/3rd it would work well.

The Derfflinger light fluyt or the pinnace Berlin light pinnace are the closest matches with the fluyt being the closest with her narrow stern. It would be easiest to have a modeler just lop off the end of the bowsprit rather try to find something with the right angle and textures.
Jack Rackham offered to do the textures. You can do the rigging.
Now we just need a hull that is a reasonable match.

I've got another alternative from POTEHO. It's a galleon with 20 cannons.
I have counted the squares in GM-viewer and it's 30 squares in length
compared wth POTC Fast Galleon 40 squares. That would be about 1/3 shorter.

Attachments

• smaller galeon.jpg
    smaller galeon.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 101
  • smaller galeon 2.jpg
    smaller galeon 2.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 98
That ship is also in GOF2 and is indeed about the right size, and it has the correct bowsprit.
Golden Hind-1.jpg Golden Hind-2.jpg Golden Hind-3.jpg

I'm perfectly OK with that. Probably should wait for @Grey Roger to pitch in though; it was originally his idea, after all.

By a coincidence I acquired that galeon not long ago and took a good look at it. The lateen was terrible with the wrong textures plus it was pointing in the wrong direction.Emphasis on WAS. :wp

start 2015-06-18 19-46-26-75.jpg

And that screenshot looks reasonable to me, too. It removes one concern I had, which I was about to mention for the Fast War Galleon - that ship has three sails on the fore and main masts, plus an extra sail on the mizzen, making it even less suitable without serious changes. But that GoF2 galleon looks ideal, provided it is indeed the right size.
I have counted the squares in GM-viewer and it's 30 squares in length compared wth POTC Fast Galleon 40 squares. That would be about 1/3 shorter.
How long are the Revenge models? Golden Hind was significantly smaller than Revenge, 102' long to Revenge's 140'.

Back