• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Disc Issue

Legendary_Spider

Why is the rum always gone?
2D Artist
Provisional
Storm Modder
I installed CoAS, and I installed the TAGES update. But every time I click to play the game it says:

Please insert DVD of "Age of Pirates: City of Abandoned Ships"!

The disc is already in when I click start and no matter how many times I click retry, this is all it says. I even tried taking the disc out and putting it back in to no avail.
modding.gif

One note: It failed to install the directX and adobe reader things, cause it said I had better versions of those already installed on my computer. I have Windows 7 64 bit.

Can someone please help me?
dunno.gif

I am not that familiar with Win 7 64 mate, but I do know that the game will run just fine on 64 bit. First thing I would suggest doing is starting all over again, uninstall the TAGES drivers and CAoS, reboot, and then reinstall just CAoS. Make sure that you do not install the game to the default C:\Program Files directory, the game will not run from there! Install it to C:\Games or something. After you have reinstalled, try running the game again and let me know the exact error it gives you if it doesn't load. Also, please post what your hardware is and I will try and help the best I can mate.

If necessary, I'll give you a No-CD patch; maybe that'd help.

I run it on a 64 bit Windows 7 system as well. It did give me some problems when I first put it on this machine. Now that you have the TAGES done. Next time you attempt installation, or you have a partial installation, don't uninstall, but do another install to a different location. Don't allow the auto exe to boot up the install this time. Close it. Open the disk from My Computer and find the install and execute manually. When it asks for location I point to a file I've prepped on my desktop. That worked for me. Once you have that done, and it works, it's likely that the other you have in your C/Playlogic file might work too. I keep several versions named differently and located in several places for modding purposes. The one in the (x86) Playlogic file ends up being my stock archived clean version. The DVM file Pieter is referring to is the way to go once you get it installed.

MK

I just installed COAS. It is in D:\ COAS. I have not played it and do not intend to until GoF is finished. What do I need to do to get it ready for GoF?

The No-CD patch off GameCopyWorld is the first thing I put on it before even starting it. It has always worked for me, but I've heard it sometimes quits working for people after using it for a while.

I have:

HP G62 Notebook PC
AMD Athlon II P340 Dual-Core Processor 2.20 GHz
3.00 GB of RAM
Windows 7 64-bit OS
300 GB Hard Drive.

Nope. Same problem.
modding.gif

I don't get it. Everything with POTC went so smoothly, I've never had problem with it. So why is CoAS giving me crap?
dunno.gif

I just installed COAS. It is in D:\ COAS. I have not played it and do not intend to until GoF is finished. What do I need to do to get it ready for GoF?

I would highly recommend you give the stock game a try mate, it really is very well done! Plus then you will have an even better understanding of just what a great job the GOF modders have done to improve things!! :onya

Legendary_Spider, I have had problems with my computer occasionally reading the DVD, but it usually only takes once or twice of opening and closing the DVD tray for it to recognize it again. Updating the TAGES drivers made that even more rare for me. Do you have access to another DVD drive you can try the disc in?

Btw, just out of morbid curiosity ...what is your graphics controller?

Ok here is the info about my graphics. Maybe this will help some.
william.gif

Graphics

Monitor

Name: Generic PnP Monitor on AMD M880g with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250
Current Resoultion: 1366x768 pixels
Work Resolution: 1366x728 pixels
State: enabled, primary
Monitor Width: 1366
Monitor Height: 768
Monitor BPP 32 bits per pixel
Monitor Frequency 60 Hz
Device: \\.\DISPLAY1\Monitor0

AMD M880g with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250

Memory: 256 MB
Memory type: 2
Driver version: 8.712.1.3000

Ahhh, ok, thanks mate! I have the same controller in my Toshiba laptop, just wanted to confirm you didn't have Intel integrated graphics. I know you had POTC working without a problem, but I have seen some strange things around here!

Now, back to your problem of recognizing the disk! Not everyone seems to be able to use the NO-CD patch, I never could get it to work with my DVD at all. I am a bit confused though, didn't you say you were going to download it? If this is a digital download, you shouldn't need a DVD.

It was an ISO file that I burned to a DVD.
I never got this no CD patch thingy yet.

Ahhh ...that would explain it then... :facepalm

I am more than willing to help get a legit copy of the game to work, but in your case mate, I'll point you to THIS thread.

WHEn I installed game :age of pirates 2..I downloaded the TAGES drivers and now It says me : please enter the DVD rom "Age of Pirates 2".... I entered the dvd but it shows this message again and again even if I click Retry..PLease Help me..

WHEn I installed game :age of pirates 2..I downloaded the TAGES drivers and now It says me : please enter the DVD rom "Age of Pirates 2".... I entered the dvd but it shows this message again and again even if I click Retry..PLease Help me..

I had the exact same problem mate. Read the above conversation to see if it helps any.
hi.gif
sounds like you might need the no cd patch as well.

Back