• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Engine crash and something amiss

Black "Sam" Bellamy

TheForgotten
QA Tester
Provisional
Hello everyone. I am new to the forum here and wanted to talk about my problems here. I recently bought 2 pirate games ( age of pirates 2 COAS, Pirates Of The Caribbean)which made me happy. i downloaded them and played age of pirates 2,however i couldn't get POTC to work so i loaded AOP 2 COAS and then i noticed something weird. When the task launcher is launched for AOP 2 COAS it says loaded then .. a number then it plays. When POTC is launched in it says loaded..0 then it launches but doesn't work. I was wondering if if anyone else noticed that? I'm also looking in to using amplificar's method to play the game. I have a windows 7 Intel core 2 duo cpu processor 64 bit operating system direct X 11

I am able to get to the main menu screen but when i hit new game it loads for a few then turns black, zooms out and says engine. ini stopped working and will check for solution to problem.But no solutions have come. My graphics card is a mobile intel(r)4 series express chipset family but I"m seeing if it needs to be updated now. i have also looked through there and I'm considering doing what amplificar did and also the heap corruption thing instead of downloading swiftshader

will it also effect my game if i try getting the mods. and do i have to copy or move it to the POTC folder or no.thanks

You have to start a new game with the modpack.

These are the installation instructions for the latest release version:
CRUCIAL INSTALLATION TIPS:

1. You MUST install this on top of the unmodified stock game
Pirates of the Caribbean, released in 2003 by Akella.
The mod is NOT a standalone game!

2. You MUST install Build 14 Beta 2.1 Full first!!!
3. Allow the installer to run RunMe.bat upon completion
- DON'T install the game to Program Files,
otherwise Windows prevents it from installing correctly
Install to, for example, C:\Games\Pirates of the Caribbean-

All you need first is Build 14 Beta 2.1 . You can skip the others.

Unless you WANT to try older versions. But Build 14 Beta 2.5 has the best Intel Graphics fix for sure.

Now I'm left with these 3 choices.1 the intel fix doesn't work, 2 i didn't install intel fix right or 3 i didn't install the whole game right because i was confused.

You made sure the DLL file went into your MODULES folder? It should work.

I am not sure i even downloaded the game right. Houston, we have a problem.The problem has expanded. I moved the intel fix into my game files then it split into besthesda software and POTC i clicked both of them and led me to dead ends with empty folders then i looked into my program files(x86) and another basthesda file was there so i clicked and POtc was there so i clicked again and i find all these files now.

Sounds like you may want to reinstall; make sure to do so OUTSIDE Program Files!

I will try i usually get confused when i have to install the 2nd disc.I put it in c:\games\Bethesda\Pirates of the Caribbean and its downloading like always but when i get to the 2nd disc it will ask me to put it in a folder and when i try putting it in the same folder something goes wrong.it says please insert disk 2 which i did but then this happens instead of the c:\ it has a D: so i hit browse and find the file i made for the first disc and put it there and then i hit okay then a pop up appears saying setup could not find a file on the specified path or disc , please check that the proper disc is inserted or specify a new path. :confused: and that's why I'm stuck at 52%

Uh oh. I can think of nothing we can do to help there. It could be a scratched disc or bad optical drive.

I've copied the data 3 from the CD and moved it to the folder but i"m not sure what to do next. I am not sure if i can unzip it. what should i do i mean i can get to the main menu in game and the music starts but hitting new game is the problem.The disk isn't scratched and i don't know anything about an optical drive i"m not a tech person all i can do is draw a little and play piano and now i am depressed.

thanks Hylie Pistof, and Peter Boelen for your help and advice i have downloaded the stock game off of mega and await it to finish.

Here's to hoping it'll work.

BTW: We can't be posting links in public view. We're not quite that kind of pirates.... :wp

Back