• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

engine crash in sea mode

skarping6

Landlubber
hello all, I have a problem and want to please, help me
I use build 14 patch 7 and the game crashes all the time when I go to the sea.
Please help me I want to play this game and I can not enjoy it.
PS: sorry for my English, I use google translator.

:gday mate.

Can you enable error logging? You do this by opening your POTC and the opening "engine.ini".

In there you will find a section like this:
mem_profile = memory.mp
startFontIniFile = resource\ini\fonts.ini
font = interface_normal
numoftips = 0
tracefilesoff = 0

[script]
debuginfo = 1
codefiles = 0
runtimelog = 0
;tracefiles = 1

Make yours so.

Also, at the top of the engine.ini are 2 lines where you set your screen resolution.

Lastly, make sure you have run and "rename.bat" files.

Please check if you did the installation EXACTLY as described in the instructions. If you only crash when going to sea, your computer specs probably meet the game criteria, but some stuff for the sea might not be loaded or installed.

Also, were you sure to run the rename.bat after installing?

After seeing your computer specs in another forum, I think this is due to your computer simply not being able to handle sea mode either since it's maxing out your RAM or your video card, I would recommend a serious upgrade in hardware. Like I said before, you can try a lower res, but no guarantees...

If I run rename.bat, but it told me to serve and Pistoff Hylia and nothing happens

Did you try to play POTC before running "rename.bat"? I have done that and it caused problems. I had to delete that POTC install and re-install POTC. Do not check ENB and SwiftShader, but do run runme.bat and rename.bat.

that shouldn't happen, do you know how to post error logs?

No, that's not normal at all. Does it always do that? When does it do that?

this happens almost every time. and the sometimes makes me a blue screen
this happens when l enter in sea mode :modding

This is not normal. If POTC did work in Build 13 and Build 14 before, then it is something new.

Could it be a bad download?

Back