• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Engine.exe crashing

antonyzac

Professional questioner
Hi there everyone :)

I've recently got a new laptop with both Intel HD 4000 graphics and NVIDIA GeForce 710M graphics card. I'm trying to play the original umodded game, but when I try and go from port to sea in most locations, I get an "engine.exe crash" error.

I assume this is because the game is still running on the Intel graphics...although I've been into the NVIDIA control panel and added the "hitman 5 (engine.exe)" file to the program settings to run with NVIDIA. I'm pretty sure it's still running on intel though because as soon as I remove swiftshader from the folder, the game will not run at all.

Is there something else I need to do to get the game to run completely on NVIDIA or is it a different problem?
Thanks!

Thanks! I can't see anywhere in the control panel where I can make changes though that would switch everything to NVIDIA...I'll keep looking.

Back