• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

error with Arturo Campos

To miklkit : Very weird, I was thinking it was only adding locators in some locations.

To Pieter : The to-do list should be short. Why make a big list if only a few modders are working for the BuildMod?

It isn't too difficult; I could do it myself if I had the time. Only I don't. :facepalm

As for a to-do list, I'd prefer a short one too for sure.
Maybe someone else could try to come up with something and I can pitch in occasionally?
I just don't have the time to make a proper one myself at this time.

Alright, Pieter. I just hope we will have more active modders this year. Firstly, those ones they have their mods unfinished in the buildmod. :cheeky
It's just a bit annoying and demotivating to spend so many years and can't release a final/fixed version of Build14. (Build 13 has already many years. :facepalm ) I think this continuous delay in the release of Build 14 is the main reason the modders are not motivated and pushed to finish their work. That's the best way of never releasing Build 14. :?

Very true. Next leave of mine, I'll make a Beta 2 early into it and then try to push to get things fixed and finished on that.
Maybe then before I leave again, we can even make a Beta 3 with some more stuff fixed and finished.

Thanks Pieter about your next Betas. In my case, I've still got 5 or 6 months of work to finish the quests. Afterwards, I could help the community in small works if necessary. But if this year, we don't release the final version of Build 14, we really need to be close this. :eww

I really hope it could be this year; I'd really like to have Build 14 actually finished.
It's so good, yet so crap because of the bugs and unfinished stuff. :facepalm

If Build 15 continues using Potc and not Coas (in my case, you already know I won’t work on Coas), it’s perfectly possible to release Build 14 this year.
Letting some unfinished mods for the next Build, we can focus the efforts in fixing Build 14.

I'm having the same problem as well. The guy just runs up to me and says nothing, and when I kill him in cold blood due to annoyance that he won't talk to me, I cannot complete the quest, I cannot pass go, and I cannot collect 200 dollars! xD:

About build 14 being released by the end of this year. I may be able to release SOME of El Patron by June. I am not in favor of the final being released so soon. El Patron will not be a long storyline like Bartolomeu's or SJG's, but will be longer than Jack Sparrow or Jean. Perhaps a second Beta instead. I am saying this for several reasons; first, Maggee has not finished Jack Sparrow (hopefully he will be able to do some DMC over the summer or even AWE). Also, whoever is supposed to be doing Master and Commander is not progressing. I'd be suprised if some of the modders aren't :drunk this very minute.

Also, Bart, are you planning on doing more quests involving Nathaniel Hawk or Roxanne?

If I do finish Humberto before the release of the final build, I might do a storyline based on Sid Meier's Pirates.

I'm having the same problem as well. The guy just runs up to me and says nothing, and when I kill him in cold blood due to annoyance that he won't talk to me, I cannot complete the quest, I cannot pass go, and I cannot collect 200 dollars! xD:

See post # 8 in this thread

You need the file attached there to make Campos dialog work.

:cheers

To Peter Blood :

About the release of Build 14, I prefer this before the end of the year (but Pieter will decide that, of course). The modders who didn't finish their works can release them for Build 15 :shrug. Because we are always delaying the final version of Build 14, we've got a Build 14 bugged. For instance, the last one is for the Bartolomeu main quest with the warehouses' problem (and there is no logical reason for that)... About Maggee, how can you be sure he will work on DMC and AWE this summer ? Maybe because his real life he couldn't have the time for that, we don't know.... In my case, I think of releasing two quests for the Bartolomeu Main Quest and one for the Assassin Main Quest but I can't say I'm sure I'll do that... My real life is more important than my work on Potc.

Also, Bart, are you planning on doing more quests involving Nathaniel Hawk or Roxanne?
About Roxanne and Nathaniel : the answer is no.

I have tried to save the dialog file in the /PROGRAM/ storyline/ Bartolomeu/ dialogs/ ENGLISH and I load my past savegame (right after I sank his ship) and I go to the shipwreck, but nothing happens. I don't have to start a new game for it to work do I? If I did, that would be a real pain.

El Patron has had some annoying bugs since I have started it. I keep trying to copy the Jack Aubrey storyline, changing his name to Humberto Diaz, changing the start era, and changing the start port and character model as well. Even though I have done this, Humberto's storyline is not appearing in-game. Is there something I am supposed to be doing? :shrug

I have tried to save the dialog file in the /PROGRAM/ storyline/ Bartolomeu/ dialogs/ ENGLISH and I load my past savegame (right after I sank his ship) and I go to the shipwreck, but nothing happens. I don't have to start a new game for it to work do I? If I did, that would be a real pain.

The file should put the dialog text in the dialog boxes for Arturo Campos. So he should speak to you :?

Can you try a save before you sank his ship.

I'd release Build 14 Final now if only it was good enough (and I was at home).
The problem with unfinished stuff is that it is not easy to remove it from the modpack again, especially not something like Capture Colonies. :modding

If you released it now, wouldn't it just be a copy of the latest version? :shrug

Also, does the download save immidiately in the right place, or must I do that manually? Also, do you think you can send me a copy of the peter blood medel from CoAS so I can script him into my storyline?

It'd be Build 14 Beta 1 + Patch 5 + Christmas Ship Pack, pretty much. And it wouldn't be finished.

Any download saves where you want and it'll install to the correct place if you tell it where "correct" is.
As for the Peter Blood model, ask one of the people on the CoAS forum; at the moment, I'm stuck with really slow internet.

What we could do is release Beta 2 instead. It would be an updated version, but would still give some of the modders (Bartolomeu, Maggee, and myself) some time to finish or at least get a good way through our current storylines. Perhaps we can release the final next year around this time. :nk

............then its onto build 15 :facepalm

But don't worry, when that time comes, you'll have another member of yer' crew! :piratesahoy!

Also, do you know where I can find some simple quest writing tutorials? I saw one in the tutorial section, but the tutorial posts are just blank and don't show up! :rumgone

Also, do you know where I can find some simple quest writing tutorials? I saw one in the tutorial section, but the tutorial posts are just blank and don't show up! :rumgone

The blank posts were caused by an upgrade of the forum software a while back.

The content is still there - it just does not show.

If you want to read one of the blank posts - click on that post's Reply button - the editor will appear and it will show the text in the post - ( be careful you don't reply to the post accidentally ) - to exit just click Cancel.

Also have you checked the New Horizon Tutorials & History document in the game's Documentation folder - that might have something in it.

And indeed releasing Beta 2 IS what I'm going to do when I get back home. It'll be released somewhere in May, I'm hoping...

Back