• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Extra time compression after closing interface screens

Thanks for confirming. So.... I think it should be all good now, right?

I have downloaded and installed three times now and it still says 8 November 2013.

Where is the new file located so I can download it?

I used this one: http://piratesahoy.net/build/b14_beta3_installer.exe
My main menu: Clipboard01.jpg

I DL'ed again and ran just the installer on a 8 October 2013 install that has never been played, and it is still 8 October 2013. :facepalm

I ran it again as an administrator with the same result. Why is this one not updating my installs when all of the others have?

More confusion. I reinstalled the full installer on that 8 October install, not just the update, and it still reads 8 October 2013!

Last edited:
You are pointing it to the right folder? You're not accidentally running an older installer? I'm at a loss here; the file works, that much I know.
Works just the same way the Oct 8 version did. Except it is newer with some more stuff. :shock

And running the full installer makes no difference; it will ALWAYS install the latest update files in the installer afterwards, so you'd never be able to downgrade your game that way.

What if you make a back up to all modified files and run the whole beta installation? (you know with the "main files" checked) :shrug:D

I delete the old installer before moving the new one into the installer folder. I only have two working POTC installs on my D drive and I have tried them both multiple times.

AARRGGHH!! :facepalm

I was accidentally installing it into a Beta 3 archive install and not the working install. The working install is now showing 16 November 2013. Now to see how it plays.

Sorry for the confusion. :oops:

Last edited:
Ah sire hylie, do you also have the error log:
Code:
RUNTIME ERROR - file: worldmap\worldmap_events.c; line: 114
process event stack error
..everytime you start a new game?

As I said before, personally I HAVE seen them. But only randomly on occasion. I tried to test it further, but failed because they stopped when I actually started paying attention. :facepalm

As I said before, personally I HAVE seen them. But only randomly on occasion. I tried to test it further, but failed because they stopped when I actually started paying attention. :facepalm
Bugger..:modding But it happens to me every time I play. Is it something I did with the InternalSettings.h again? :facepalm Can I have another fresh copy of the new InternalSettings.h file? I forgot to make a backup again..:facepalm heheheh

Oh boy..now I got this: Clipboard01.jpg :modding

Attachments

• error.log
    512 bytes · Views: 87
  • system.log
    239 bytes · Views: 101
Hmm. Try this one. It is from the game I am playing today.

Attachments

• InternalSettings.7z
    20.8 KB · Views: 68
Ha! I figured it out! Turns out that if I QUIT the game DURING WORLDMAP, that damn confusing error.log is generated, but if I don't quit the game during worldmap, it doesn't. But I'm not quite sure yet if it does say/point out a problem. No real problem during game so far for me for now. And thanks btw Sir Hylie! :beer:

As far as I've been able to tell, that worldmap error log does no harm whatsoever.

Interesting note on it being generated when you quit the game on the worldmap. I need to keep an eye on that.

As far as I've been able to tell, that worldmap error log does no harm whatsoever.

Interesting note on it being generated when you quit the game on the worldmap. I need to keep an eye on that.
whew! well, that's good news as of now. But I hope it would be tracked down/further analyzed soon.:keith

Back