• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fast Galleon by De Zeeroovers

Hylie Pistof

Curmudgeon
QA Tester
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
The fast galleons are being ported into POTC. So far they are looking good except for the flags. They still need some work.
beta3 2014-05-01 17-39-58-90.jpg beta3 2014-05-01 17-40-04-17.jpg beta3 2014-05-01 17-41-42-20.jpg beta3 2014-05-01 17-44-20-82.jpg beta3 2014-05-01 17-44-30-28.jpg

How DID you do that!?!? :shock

Make sure the flags all have penn locators to go with them and that the ships_init.c entry has the correct number defined.

It has to do with where the flags were attached and has been mostly fixed. The Soleilel Royale had this problem too. Right now all masts have flags/pennants except mast 3, the main mast. It looks like now it is just trial and error in the ships init to get them working fully.

On the Soleil Royal we couldn't edit the model files, which caused problems.

This is where I am at now, and I'm stumped on what to do next. The flags are not cooperating at all.
beta3 2014-05-01 21-10-06-82.jpg

Can you open all GM files? Are there any without penn locators? Check also the hull GM and the reys; sometimes there are flags "hidden" in there as well.

The ship is well made and all GMs work. The rear flag was attached to the hull GM and it did not have pennant locators. I moved it to part 3 which is where that flagpole is and now what you see is all there is. No other changes I have made have made any difference at all.

When I did the penn locators for the Polacca, there was also a main flag in the main hull GM.
But I didn't bother moving it somewhere else; just added the penn locators and it worked. :shrug

Right. The Derfflinger is like that too. I tried that first and it did not work. I moved the locators to the GM with the flagpole and it now works but it is stuck like this. Nothing I have done since changes anything.

I made everything just like the Derfflinger is and got this. No other changes are having any effect.
beta3 2014-05-02 12-59-45-37.jpg

Would starting a new game make the ships_init.c changes take effect properly?

If not, could you upload the model files and ships_init entry so I can take a look?

is it just me or does it look like its tilted forward a bit to much? With full sails on full speed it might be tilted like this but for me it looks a bit weird now ...
Besides that it looks very nice, altough I would make the hull texture a little bit darker (or at least the lower part)

which is typical of a span.- holl. style around 1595

they look at photos of Batavia and the Prins Willem.
Many ships are too deep in the water.

The camera angle isn't the best as I was aiming at the flags. Others can do the texture stuff.

I have not touched any settings and she is sitting like these ships have for years now in POTC. You think she is too low?

I never actually run my ships empty so do not know what they look like except when full. This ship is set to ride high empty and settle quite a bit when loaded. This makes her fast empty and slow loaded. In fact the light fluyt, light pinnace, and polacca can all outrun her with full holds. This is the merchant version btw.

Tinkering some more. Three pics. At rest in calm water with full holds, about as low as it gets in rough seas, and about as high as it gets in rough seas. Also looking at different skins.
beta3 2014-05-03 08-24-16-77.jpg beta3 2014-05-03 08-39-03-55.jpg beta3 2014-05-03 08-39-11-20.jpg

Also, if you get tired of shooting holes in your spritsail with your bow chasers, rename mast1 to mast0.
beta3 2014-05-03 09-07-47-03.jpg beta3 2014-05-03 09-08-12-24.jpg

Back