• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fast Galleon by De Zeeroovers

After what they have calibrated the ship?
Waterline blue - the ship is empty
Water Line red - the ship is fully loaded

I am working on the waterline now and we seem to be pretty close together.

In GMViewer the waterline goal with full holds is the line in GMViewer. With empty holds it is the first line down at one meter. That appears to be close to your lines.

FS waterline1.jpg FS waterline2.jpg FS waterline3.jpg

What do they want with the GM Viewer?
They do not need.
It's all in the ships_int.c :woot Hylie

I used the GMViewer to illustrate where the ship sits empty and full.

This is the part of the Ships_Init.c that controls it.

refShip.SpeedDependWeight = 0.3;
refShip.SubSeaDependWeight = 0.8;

refShip.GeraldSails.rey_b2 = 1;
refShip.GeraldSails.rey_b3 = 1;

// <SWS - Willemstad Builders' Trials Winter 09>

refShip.WaterLine = -1.0;
refShip.RigType = "Bat";

Compared to GOF2 it sits higher empty and settles more full.

you need

refship.WaterLine
refship.SubSeaDependWeight

The values you need to set it myself.

More screenies. I got a naval version too now but have done nothing at all to it.

Here is the naval version at rest in harbor with nothing but food, rum, shot, and powder.
beta3 2014-05-03 13-05-15-43.jpg

Here are the merchant and naval versions at rest with empty holds during daylight. Still too low? :shrug
beta3 2014-05-03 13-29-22-96.jpg beta3 2014-05-03 13-31-30-53.jpg

Thanks. I am not used to people telling me I set the ship too low. Usually they tell me I set them too high.

Then the merchant version can be called done. Now to fine tune the naval version.

This is the naval version in a storm and in calm seas with full holds. She looks ok to me.
beta3 2014-05-04 06-42-04-19.jpg beta3 2014-05-04 06-42-26-22.jpg beta3 2014-05-04 06-47-21-68.jpg beta3 2014-05-04 06-47-53-94.jpg

Those ropes running along the side of the ship solve some technical problems and need to be installed on many ships. :onya

Is this model ready for adding to the PotC Build Mod now then?

Should we also adapt the new model for the pirate version of the Fast Galleon?
See attached for the old one:
PiratFastGal.jpg

Or is that not going to work?

You know, it looks like it works except that there is no cabin, so when you look in the windows there is just empty space. Making the windows opaque would cure that.

Leave what? I can't fix the windows so would just leave it alone until someone does either fix the windows or puts a cabin in there.

Simple solution then: Pirate version stays with the old model. :shrug

Back