• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Fixing Smugglers in the Taverns

Well, it is possible to pick them off one at a time. You just walk up to him and pull out your blunderbuss and blow him away. Reload and go get another one. :wp

The English soldiers aren't worth bothering with.

Hmm... so how should we go about fixing that? Maybe we should increase all the soldiers' HP points to make them more of a threat?
Make their blades weaker so it's not worth bothering with either? Give them different blades?

I just tried it again with the Portagee gate guards. They went down easily but there was no looting of them for some reason. Would it be possible to make them non-lootable?
Don't make their swords weaker! :shock Those are reward swords and should be very strong. Maybe give them more HP and weaker swords?

Done. Extract to PROGRAM\Loc_ai .

Attachments

• LAi_events.zip
    21.5 KB · Views: 70
1,000 curses! For the first time in memory I'm a badass fighter early in the game and now I will be back to easy pickings again. :rumgone

No, it was my idea.... I just had starry eyed visions of my crew having great swords early on so we could take on bigger ships and really build up some stats. I already got a big boost in this game, only losing one officer when normally they are dropping like flies.

There might be unforseen consequences with making the soldiers unlootable. It seems the Abbey Monks are no longer lootable. :pflag

EDIT: I can't seem to loot any corpses now! I'm going back to the old one and will try to restrain meself around soldiers. :walkplank

It seems that isSoldier(chr) does something else than I thought. Please try attached version instead.

There's a good chance that there are more characters "soldiers" and therefore unlootable than should be the case.
If you run into any now unlootable characters, let me know and it should be easily fixed.
We just have to use LAi_SetCivilianPatrolType instead of LAi_SetPatrolType and LAi_SetCivilianGuardianType instead of LAi_SetGuardianType.

Attachments

• LAi_events.zip
    21.5 KB · Views: 80
The people in the Bonaire caves are lootable, but the pirates that capture Artois Voisey outside of town are not.

Do you have more specifics on the unlootable characters? I need to track down their ID to double-check on them.

I really do not recall what is said about them. Pirate 1,2,& 3 is all methinks. This is on Grenada in the Artois Voisey storyline.

Yeddam Kinne at Bridgetown, Barbados is not lootable.

The French Captain Valentin Massoni at Speightstown is not lootable. Also, all soldiers on a ship during a boarding are not lootable.
Perhaps a better solution would be to give the soldiers medium quality swords.
English: Highlander sword
Dutch: Papenhiemer rapier
French: Swept Hilt rapier
Spanish: Tizona
Portagee: Iberian Long Sword, or better yet, Venetian Navy cutlass

None of that surprises me. They're soldiers of kinds. Do they also get the soldier weapons?
I would be interested to know if the "give it to all soldiers" code works for them too.

These are the weapons currently in use for the soldiers:
Code:
            if(GetCurrentPeriod() >= PERIOD_GOLDEN_AGE_OF_PIRACY)
            {
                switch(sti(curchar.nation))
                {
                    case ENGLAND:
                        GiveItem2Character(curchar, "blade39");//ARF: Gold Handled Naval Dirk, awesome looking (available from golden age of piracy)
                    break;
                    case FRANCE:
                        GiveItem2Character(curchar, "blade3");//ARF: Badelaire (available in all periods but guards get later)
                    break;
                    case SPAIN:
                        GiveItem2Character(curchar, "blade47");//ARF: Light Tizona (available in all periods but guards get later)
                    break;
                    case PORTUGAL:
                        GiveItem2Character(curchar, "blade29");//ARF: Portuguese Officer's Sword (available in all periods but guards get later)
                    break;
                    case HOLLAND:
                        GiveItem2Character(curchar, "blade26");//ARF: Solingen Rapier (available from spannish main but guards get later)
                    break;
                    case AMERICA:
                        GiveItem2Character(curchar, "blade27");//ARF: Bosun's Choice {no faction} (available from golden age of piracy)
                    break;
                    case PIRATE:
                        GiveItem2Character(curchar, "blade50");//ARF: Venetian Navy Cutlass {pirate sword} (available from golden age of piracy)
                     break;
                    // default:
                    GiveItem2Character(curchar, "blade36");//ARF: hunting sword (all periods available) only for "non regular" nation
                }
else
                {
                    case ENGLAND:
                        GiveItem2Character(curchar, "blade22");//ARF: Corsair's Pride (available all periods but guards get earlier)
                    break;
                    case FRANCE:
                        GiveItem2Character(curchar, "blade9");//ARF: French Admiralty Rapier (not available after golden age of piracy)
                    break;
                    case SPAIN:
                        GiveItem2Character(curchar, "blade16");//ARF: Tizona (not available after golden age of piracy)
                    break;
                    case PORTUGAL:
                        GiveItem2Character(curchar, "blade15");//ARF: Iberian Longsword (not available after golden age of piracy)
                    break;
                    case HOLLAND:
                        GiveItem2Character(curchar, "blade23");//ARF: Dutch Admiralty Sword (available all periods but guards get earlier)
                    break;
                    case AMERICA:
                        GiveItem2Character(curchar, "blade10");//ARF: piranha {no faction} (not available after golden age of piracy anyway AMERICA doesnt exist early)
                    break;
                    case PIRATE:
                        GiveItem2Character(curchar, "blade6");//ARF: Schiavona {pirate sword} (not available after colonial power)
                    break;
                    // default:
                    GiveItem2Character(curchar, "blade36");//ARF: hunting sword (all periods available) only for "non regular" nation
                }
Which ones of these would you suggest changing?

Err, I didn't notice what Massoni or the boarders had. I will have to do it again and pay attention.

My opinion on the swords in that list is that the dirk, badelaire, and hunting sword are too weak, and the Portuguese Officers Sword and Solingen Rapier are way too good.

EDIT: The French guards get dirks.

Combining your comments would give us the following:
Code:
            {
                {
                    case ENGLAND:
                        GiveItem2Character(curchar, "");//ARF: Highlander sword
                    break;
                    case FRANCE:
                        GiveItem2Character(curchar, "");//ARF: Swept Hilt rapier
                    break;
                    case SPAIN:
                        GiveItem2Character(curchar, "blade47");//ARF: Light Tizona (available in all periods but guards get later)
                    break;
                    case PORTUGAL:
                        GiveItem2Character(curchar, "");//ARF: Venetian Navy cutlass
                    break;
                    case HOLLAND:
                        GiveItem2Character(curchar, "");//ARF: Pappenheimer rapier
                    break;
                    case AMERICA:
                        GiveItem2Character(curchar, "blade27");//ARF: Bosun's Choice {no faction} (available from golden age of piracy)
                    break;
                    case PIRATE:
                        GiveItem2Character(curchar, "blade50");//ARF: Venetian Navy Cutlass {pirate sword} (available from golden age of piracy)
                     break;
                    // default:
                }
else
                {
                    case ENGLAND:
                        GiveItem2Character(curchar, "blade22");//ARF: Corsair's Pride (available all periods but guards get earlier)
                    break;
                    case FRANCE:
                        GiveItem2Character(curchar, "blade9");//ARF: French Admiralty Rapier (not available after golden age of piracy)
                    break;
                    case SPAIN:
                        GiveItem2Character(curchar, "blade16");//ARF: Tizona (not available after golden age of piracy)
                    break;
                    case PORTUGAL:
                        GiveItem2Character(curchar, "blade15");//ARF: Iberian Longsword (not available after golden age of piracy)
                    break;
                    case HOLLAND:
                        GiveItem2Character(curchar, "blade23");//ARF: Dutch Admiralty Sword (available all periods but guards get earlier)
                    break;
                    case AMERICA:
                        GiveItem2Character(curchar, "blade10");//ARF: piranha {no faction} (not available after golden age of piracy anyway AMERICA doesnt exist early)
                    break;
                    case PIRATE:
                        GiveItem2Character(curchar, "blade6");//ARF: Schiavona {pirate sword} (not available after colonial power)
                    break;
                    // default:
Not sure what to replace the "hunting sword" with for no-nation characters.
The Venetian Navy Cutlass is in use for both Portugal and Pirate now. Comments for replacements for one of the two?
How about the sword selection in the earlier periods? See the second bit of code.

The hunting sword is a bit weak. The Walloon sword is defense oriented and the shell cup falchion is a beast with little defense. The Milanese rapier is pretty good.
I can never remember its name, but the something or other side sword, the one with the all metal handle, is a good all around sword.
For the earlier periods the Schiavona is a bit weak. Something a bit stronger might be better.

Would you be able to take your thoughts and put them in a list with one blade per nation that I could stick into the code?

{
{
case ENGLAND:
GiveItem2Character(curchar, "");//ARF: Highlander sword
break;
case FRANCE:
GiveItem2Character(curchar, "");//ARF: Swept Hilt rapier
break;
case SPAIN:
break;
case PORTUGAL:
GiveItem2Character(curchar, "");//ARF: Venetian Navy cutlass (back bladed side sword instead)
break;
case HOLLAND:
GiveItem2Character(curchar, "");//ARF: Pappenheimer rapier
break;
case AMERICA:
break;
case PIRATE:
break;
// default:
(Milanese rapier)
}
else
{
case ENGLAND:
break;
case FRANCE:
break;
case SPAIN:
break;
case PORTUGAL:
break;
case HOLLAND:
break;
case AMERICA:
break;
case PIRATE:
GiveItem2Character(curchar, "blade6");//ARF: (shell cup falchio) {pirate sword} (not available after colonial power)
break;
// default:
(Waloon sword)

I copied your list and put my suggestions in parentheses. I'm not quite awake yet.

So just the Milanese Rapier, Shell Cup Falchion and Walloon Sword where you noted them? How about the double use of the Venetian Navy Cutlass?

You don't have to reply straight away; you've got my permission to wake up first. :cheeky

Back