• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Fixing Smugglers in the Taverns

I decided to give the pirates the Venetian Navy Cutlass. It is the most stylish blade in the game IMO. It's very similar to the US Navy cutlass except for a lighter blade. I gave Portugal the back bladed side sword, which is a very good sword. It's just not quite an elite sword.

I'm not going to wake up today, I'm afraid. My thoughts are like a herd of cats; all over the place. :rumgone

Please try attached files. I thought of a different way for the Pirate Fort, namely by setting it to use the Kralendijk store instead.
It now shows properly in the interface too. Please give it a try and see what gives. New game required.

BTW: Do you remember the "no reincarnation" on some parts of Kralendijk? I have done something about that too.
Unfortunately I can't remember the specifics and I keep being resurrected in the Kralendijk tavern instead of the Pirate Fort one as I'd expect when dying IN THE PIRATE FORT.

Everything seems to be working great :onya Having the colonies screen interface is good ( might cause somre confusion if players go looking for an actual store in the Pirate Fort - when there isn't one ) :cheeky.

There is a tailor however in the Pirate Fort ( actually 2 tailors on Bonaire - Pirate Fort & Kralendijk ) - these Dutch really like to have smart clothes. :rofl

I can't find the non-resurection place - but when I die in the Pirate Fort - I come round in Karalendijk tavern :yes

:doff

Oh well, at least the resurrection DOES work then, I suppose.

So ALL smuggling now works properly? Thanks a lot for your hard work on this! :bow

All pirates that I have fought on treasure quests are non lootable. The ones met in the jungle are fine, but the ones at say, the Guadaloupe lighthouse are not.

French soldiers I have fought during boarding battles have a variety of weapons. I do not know yet if they are lootable or not. :wp

Should this topic about combat be somewhere else? Because my current theory is that combat difficulty is related to your overall level more than your combat level, and has nothing to do with smuggling.

The boost I got at the start from those very good swords and muskets ended at level 10. Suddenly combat was pretty much impossible again. This lasted until level 16. At level 15 the golden cuirass became available but it wasn't until level 16 that I started getting them for myself and my officers. That helped considerably, but combat was still tuff. Now I'm at level 20 and.......................... Yeah though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death I will fear no evil, for I am the baddest MoFo in this valley!

Hehe, I had that on my lighter in Vietnam.

At level 26 there is no more melee skill advancement. It is done. I did make it to level 7 though.

I've got a smuggling deal in Bocht van Hato (Curacao) but no way to get there nor cancel the deal. How could I fix this without having to load a savegame from hours and hours ago? (I'm using the Open Sea mod and haven't got a save before the deal was struck other than one from Jamaica..)

Cheers :sail

EDIT: Oh well, I just waited it out. Got another deal in Bullen Bay which was successful (a swift escape from the patrol!) Still, if you could disable smuggling deals in Bocht van Hato it'd be for the better.

And ahoy! My first post on this forum (weirdly since I've known it for ages) :type1

I've got a smuggling deal in Bocht van Hato (Curacao) but no way to get there nor cancel the deal. :type1

I thought that you should not get smuggling deals on Bocht van Hato (Curacao) - since it is a quest beach and only exists in the Bartolomeu Story ( I think ). :shrug

Are you playing in Realistic mode ( rather than Arcade ) - then you won't be able to fast travel to the beach until you find it by sailing to it.

Might have to look at this - don't have much time at the moment. :modding

Build 14 Beta 3 - Problem with the smugglers on Curacao

The smuggler in the tavern - told me to go to Bocht Van Hato.

But that beach is not open - does not appear on the Sail T o shortcuts ( playing in Arcade mode ) - it looks like this old bug is still there. :modding:modding

:drunk

PotC_Beta03_Smugg_Curacao1.JPG

PotC_Beta03_Smugg_Curacao2.JPG

PS - Noticed that now all the tavern Smugglers have real names - instead of just Smuggler . :thumbs1

Ah! Bocht van Hato is, I think, a quest-only location and is therefore turned off.
Let's just set it to use one shore only for the smugglers:
Code:
    case "Curacao":
       TargetLocation = "Curacao_shore_01";
       Trace("Location " + TargetLocation + " Selected");
     break;

How can I do this too, exactly? -well, i mean in case i ran to that smuggler too.

The file is Dialog_func.c . I already included this in the October 8 update.

Back