• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP Flying Dutchman Project: Cursed & Uncursed

That stern picture is pretty cool! It would be excellent to have an accurate uncursed version as well, even though she would not have any storyline use as of yet.

how much will the polygons in your model, the Flying Dutchman, a ship storm engine would work well?
We have some ships in POTC which have over 100,000 triangles and seem to work fairly well. We always try to aim lower than that with new models, where possible.

LS: Awesome work with those screenshots! Definitely much better references that before. She's a surprisingly beautiful ship. :keith

That stern picture is pretty cool! It would be excellent to have an accurate uncursed version as well, even though she would not have any storyline use as of yet.

I figured since they use the same basic hull, we might as well do them both. As far as modeling goes, I think the only differences are:

The figurehead is gone and the"teeth" on the prow are fewer and smaller
The stern will need to be simplified for the uncursed version.
The faces on the ship change from demons to lions.

Other than that, it's pretty much all texturing. It's gonna be fun adorning her with all the gold and bronze that she has in the film. :keith

LS: Awesome work with those screenshots! Definitely much better references that before. She's a surprisingly beautiful ship. :keith

No problem. I suddenly remembered I have all 4 movies in HD, so I took the opportunity to take some screenshots. :onya
I could do the same for the cursed version too if it's needed later.

Hey guys! I found some interesting link.;)
Interesting video! You've got to admire the amount of work they put into that ship. Must've been an impressive prop to work with. :shock

Thanks for all of the new stern pic and concept art. I've started work on the ship and it will definetely take a while to get her right. I'm making the uncursed version first and then I'm gonna cursify her.

I know we're focusing on the dutchmans but has there ever been any bts vids of the Pearl being made? Just wonderin cuz I've never seen any.

Thanks for all of the new stern pic and concept art. I've started work on the ship and it will definetely take a while to get her right. I'm making the uncursed version first and then I'm gonna cursify her.

Makes sense. I imagine that would be the easiest course of action. Take your time. No need to rush. :onya That's the great thing about being a modder, we don't have any real time limits.

Sounds great to me!

Sorry guys but been really busy lately. Got work and book to do, I have managed to do thehull shape so dar though

No worries. Take your time. There's no deadline. We definitely don't wanna rush this. :onya

quick pic for you blokes and bloke-ettes, I call it... WIP 1!

What d'we thinks?
dutchman_wip01_by_bonjourmonami-d57uncp.jpg

Back