• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Found some bugs in Beta 14 patch 2.2

Tyrael

Sailor Apprentice
Hello, im playing PotC Build mod (latest version), so in this thead ill upload any bugs ill find.

For now:
1. Treasure chests become unlootable with "using gold/an item has been removed from your inventory" text message if AMMO mod is OFF in Advanced game options
2. If smugglers on the coast managed to get killed in a fight with patrol, player will be unable to talk to any other smugglers (not in a tavern, but on the coast), which makes smuggler quests uncompletable in the future.
3. Bugged monks order (holycross1 cannot be given away exept with console command)
4. In Bartolomeo o Portugues quest spanish soldiers on Cuba drop some unlootable items, which have no name (or sometimes named "error") and unlootable.
5. In Bartolomeo o Portugues quest when landed on a coast sometimes the dialog with Bartolomeo is not triggering, spanish patrol is not spawning AND player can not leave coast and go into Jungle (entrance is blocked, no space/F3 working).
6. Sometimes trade interface with characters or chests contains "error" text when items scrolled to the end (in empty slots).

Thats all i can remind now. I decided to post this thread because im worried that i could forgot something.

7. Sometimes boarding surrended ships causes a bug, which prevents futher game saving (at all).
8. Related to 7. Each time any of hostile ships hoist the colours, player exit battle mode (and can save/exit to world map/repair ship/save).
9. After awakening in a tavern if you got drunk to the boot, the waitress doesnt initiate the dialog (Hey! U finally wake up...), but if u speak to her by yourself, the dialog goes in normal way.

1) Good find! :onya

2) I don't believe I have heard this one before.
3) It worked for me years ago.
4,6) These are related. This was found and fixed a little while ago, I thought.
5) Yes, that does not always work as intended. The Bart O Port side quest is a little buggy. Save often.

1) Good find! :onya

2) I don't believe I have heard this one before.
3) It worked for me years ago.
4,6) These are related. This was found and fixed a little while ago, I thought.
5) Yes, that does not always work as intended. The Bart O Port side quest is a little buggy. Save often.
OOPS!
1) my bad, i meant when ammo mod is OFF, not ON. When it s On everything works fine. BTW how these bugs could be fixed if i got all of them in B14 patch 2.2? :(

Do you have error logging enabled? That would tell us what is missing.
I just made a new install: stock POTC---> b14_beta2.1_full--->b14_beta2.2lite. When I get into the game a ways we can compare notes.

5. In Bartolomeo o Portugues quest when landed on a coast sometimes the dialog with Bartolomeo is not triggering, spanish patrol is not spawning AND player can not leave coast and go into Jungle (entrance is blocked, no space/F3 working).

Same bug when you do Jack Sparrow Adventures, DaimaDalla or whatever her name is, when you meet her on coast to get the compass. Bug triggers if you save your game there and then reload. Once you have reloaded, enemies won't spawn after first dialogue with Dalma and you'd be stuck there.

Just never save and reload when you are about to do anything near a coast!

Do you have error logging enabled? That would tell us what is missing.
I just made a new install: stock POTC---> b14_beta2.1_full--->b14_beta2.2lite. When I get into the game a ways we can compare notes.

So i should post compile, error and system text files when loading my save game?

Just upload them here. This is my error log. Also, I,ve been to some merchants and all goods are there so far.

Attachments

• error.log
    1.7 KB · Views: 89
2. Confirmed. It also happens when you kill them yourself. Reused characters maybe?

Just upload them here. This is my error log. Also, I,ve been to some merchants and all goods are there so far.
im not sure my logs will be helpfull, but here they are

Attachments

• compile.log
    4.6 KB · Views: 96
  • error.log
    152 bytes · Views: 89
  • system.log
    14.8 KB · Views: 87
Bingo! System.log shows topor2 missing. It is a battleaxe. I looked and I have it in my modded install but it is missing in my new production install. I have vague memories of fixing this problem of missing textures months ago.
Apparently the fix did not make it into beta 2-2.

EDIT: The problem is that many of the weapons do not have locators, so will not show up. They are the weapons from the Russians. I fixed them last winter but the fix did not make it into POTC. Now I can not find the files. They did not survive the change to a new server. So, I will do it again and save them in my files this time.

I found some errors too:
1) When fixing the build mod ships no one checked if the deleted/namechanged ships were used.
They were.
This means WoodesRogers quest can't be started.

2) Some lighting files concerning Cartagena seems to have been placed in the wrong folder 'level'.
Guess this happened because of my earlier mistake.

I have a bugfix pack ready but I'm stuck in a neighbor town for some more days as my car stopped. :shock
As soon as I can get home I'll upload.

Forgot to post another bug, but needs a confirmation.
10. When interface scheme changed to blue one, town gossip cause CTD (when gossip post in a list, not just reply in a dialog). Maybe this is just fair in High resolutions (mine is 1920x1080)

The blue interface causes all kinds of problems from what i've heard. Wouldn't surprise me if there was another.

Cannot affirm that, and this in 1280 x 768. Has been so in Beta 2-1. That's right. Tip: drop Blue Clear Type Skype over board altogether.

Thing is, you learn a lot of tricks, by-passes and how control your nerve-wreck helm. Now, who said The Tale of a Chevalier ain't play- and enjoyable? Phunderbolts, @#"µ@, cloudbusting and !"§$%&/ WHATWASTHATHEN! Qed: ostriches can fly, when they're not searching for water. Kaboom, with all those pondering we landed on a phree-cord sitar-riff. ..still smoke on Gibraltar. The British mist became sometimes so thick you could've sworn of being in the midst of a record Nimbulus Fluff Spectaculus flying low through some weird weather. Don't tell anyone that this is the right start for cabin peoples.
..the running bird looks like a clown in too much make-up. Pick yerself a keg, no matter what's in there.

..could be a new hobbit trying to invent shipping. Better be rowing...

I am convinced that setting the ammo mod to off messes up treasure quests and a whole lot more. Big bad bug. This should be put in the FAQ until such time as it is repaired.

I have been playing and looking for weapons and items that do not appear, like topor2. Unfortunately all items appear as they are supposed to. This is not a bug.

Back