• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Found some bugs in Beta 14 patch 2.2

ya, that is one boat for every hour. :confused:

You could call that perils of the high seas if you want. I personally rather presume others better should start letting run a bath tub full with light beacons, sea-fowl, safety buoys and a glass of water. Aloha hey. :rolleyes:

I've got a problem with my mouse; in main menu, in game in character, options, and probably everything in game my mouse is in two positions. Game cursor is on the top of monitor, so i can move it left and right but I can't move it down, and normall windows cursor is still on date/hour one centymeter left from right down corner. The game icon on taskbar and date/hour are still blinking! I have win 7 and two monitors but that probably doesn't matter: I have plugged one off and still was nothing. If you can halp me I would be really happy.

PS. Sorry 4 my english.

:ahoy mate!

Now that there is a really strange problem. You can still see your taskbar? And you have two cursors?
Whodathunkit. After all these years a completely new problem pops up. :bow
I really have no ideer what to do about this. Take two bottles of rum and check back in the morning? :beer:

So, my taskbar is blinking. And I forget: if I have opened any other window under the game, it really rarely, but sometimes blink too.

Do you have error logging enabled? How to do it is in the FAQ, but this really sounds like a corrupted install.

Ahoy!

I tried with enabled error log, and I haven't any of following datas: compile.log, system.log, error.log in my main game folder.
I will try to reinstall game, but I don't know when. First time I can do it is today evening.

PS: my "Config.exe" application doesn't work too. It says: Engine.ini or options file missied. And I've got Engine.ini, but nowhere is "options" file.

Try starting the game. Don't do anything, just start it and then exit. That should initialize those files.

:facepalm I just made a clean beta 2.2 install last night and had that issue too. I started a game, exited and then everything worked ok. If it does not work for you, and you say it did not, then something must have gone badly wrong somewhere during the download and install process. Yeah, try doing it all over again. :rumgone

Ahoy,

I have reinstall game a few times, in other locations, but it's still the same. I'll try more, but I won't have much time this week.

Let us try something else. Do you know about DEP? It could be that windoze security stuff is killing your install.

PS: my "Config.exe" application doesn't work too. It says: Engine.ini or options file missied. And I've got Engine.ini, but nowhere is "options" file.
Right click config.exe -> Run as Administrator

Oh, and to contribute a few more bugs:
1. In the Jack Sparrow story when you first visit the tavern after changing into Jack, I find Bartolomeo o Portugues standing there(Wasn't there in 2.1), and when speaking to him he says he is missing his conversation-file(or something to that extent).
2. Also before you change into Jack, when going behind the governors mansion, there is a character I don't remember the name of with the same issue.
3. In the shipyard, Appearance is very buggy. Entering it with any basic ship equals crash no matter what you do, however I finally found out how it's supposed to be like once I tested it with the Flying Dutchman.

:ahoy

1. Bart O' Port only works in the Sea Hawk storyline.

2. Behind the Governor's mansion?

3. What ships crash there? It has been working for me with the class 4 fluyts, class 6 light frigates, and class 1 heavy east indiamen.

Why is he present then in this storyline?

Well, not behind.. He was standing in an alleyway to the right of/behind the mansion. If you can't reproduce it I'll check in a new game if he is present.

Never payed attention to what ships, tho the answer is every single ship I've had thus far and visited that screen with except the Flying Dutchman. I stopped visiting it after the game crashed for the n'th time, and it was only by mistake I ended up there with the Flying Dutchman and realized it worked as intended. Previously all I had to do was enter that screen and it was impossible to get out of it without a crash occurring plus at the top there was no choices available, however with the Flying Dutchman I suddenly had two.
Tho mind you most of the "every single ship I've had thus far" happened in 2.1(Before I realized there was a 2.2), so take what I say with a barrel of salt until I get some more playtime in 2.2. I'll note the ships that cause crash and report back.

Bart O' Port is there in all storylines, but only works in one? Why? Because that is how whoever coded it ended up getting him to work at all.

Is this early in the story? I only played it once a year and a half ago.

This ctding in the shipyard is odd. Dunno what is causing this problem for you.

Actually, I think Bartolomeu's presence in the other storylines is an accident. I think that was reported a while back as well and I quickly fixed it in my own game files.
Will be included in the next modpack update too, of course.

Ahoy,

I was tryig everythig i that time, and I don't know what I have done, but the game startet to work. Thank you for all help. Have a nice trip!

Back