• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed FPS Dropping on land after time

I've found the problem.
It seems this line of code:
Code:
DeleteAttribute(PostInitQueue,"Characters");

For some reason isn't working. so each time a new location is loaded more characters are added to the post-init but the older ones aren't removed...
Will look into it now and see why it isn't working.

That does explain a lot.
I'll be looking forward to the fix; tackling this one should be a great step to making the game fully enjoyable again! :dance

Fixed it. Let me download the most recent version and winmerge it in there. ETA 5 minutes

To explain.
I tried to delete a attribute from and objects but the delete attribute function only accepts refs as input but doesn't error on objects it seems. So I had to add an extra layer and make an aref of this layer. Now I could remove the attribute.

Put this in POTC\PROGRAM

it should fix the problem. Mind you will still notice a fps drop when you first enter a new location whith a lot of NPC's, but this should be gone after a few seconds. And next time you enter the location the problem shouldn't be there anymore.
I will still try to increase performance on this but this is the best I can do for now.
Newer version:
Needs Testing - Leveling: Sudden Huge Amounts of XP Gained | Page 19 | PiratesAhoy!

Last edited:
You probably do need to start a new game (sorry) because some things are set wrong.
If its needed I could give a console command to update stuff but for now please start a new game.

You probably do need to start a new game (sorry) because some things are set wrong.
If its needed I could give a console command to update stuff but for now please start a new game.

No worries, I don't care. I will start a new campaign without problems.

The FPS is smooth now,but there is still some lag at the beginning !
The first time an area is loaded all characters need to be set up. the next time they are set up. This has been moved to the runtime to make loadtimes shorter. I'm still trying to optimize this, but I believe the drop at the start is noticable but not to bad.

No, it's not that bad. But I can certain say that this needs to still be tested to the long games to see if there is still a massive drop of FPS. I still have to look at it more deeply.

This does make a difference! Load times seem to be in the 5-15 second range for me and then it comes up nicely. I have noticed no drop off from one to the next either. More testing required! :keith

Back