• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Leveling: Sudden Huge Amounts of XP Gained

Level 21. Based on boarding a ship that was from England (I was Pirate). I will have to look at the latest save I have.
I mean did you check their actual skills or what?
How do you determine they dont have it?

Because I hit them with one simple strike and they lose 100 HP or so. And if there is a critical hit, he's really dead with 220 HP quit or so.

I can't test atm, but could you maybe put the debug to 2 in leveling.c and do a boarding process (if you remember clean the compile.log before you board but else I can find the start also) and after you are done please post the compile.log.
it should tell the levels and perks etc of the characters

Because I hit them with one simple strike and they lose 100 HP or so. And if there is a critical hit, he's really dead with 220 HP quit or so.
Please read the post above this.
I think this has nothing to do with the perks etc not being set. I've seen this behavior before. I think this has something to do with the way the damage (and mostly) the defense is calculated. I believe with higher levels the defense is not being calculated right

Ok, The problem I mentioned earlier:

The enemy crew when boarding have not any abilites of fencing or their skill in fencing is rather mediocre. This also applies when on land to all NPC's except my officers.

With your latest patch, @Levis, it has been fixed. Now NPCs have normal values of fencing and/or good abilities of fencing. This is because I went to the jungles of Bonaire and found some assasins there. I hit them and they ony lost 50 HP, which is more normal than it was earlier. Of course, I got killed. :p

Applying these files will also make NPC's have bonusses again. Now don't expect officers to always have the right bonus :p. So if you look good you will find the right one. The officer tutorial will explain a bit more about how you can increase your chances of finding the right person.

The previous fix is included in this
Newer version: Needs Testing - Leveling: Sudden Huge Amounts of XP Gained | Page 19 | PiratesAhoy!

Last edited:
Code:
#define NPC_ONE_BONUS_CHANCE       60     // INT - The chance an NPC will have only 1 bonus skill
#define NPC_TWO_BONUS_CHANCE       30     // INT - The chance an NPC will have 2 bonus skills. If one and two aren't 100 together, there is a chance the NPC has no bonus skills.
@Levis, why wouldn't it be always 2 of them just like for the player?

Code:
#define NPC_ONE_BONUS_CHANCE       60     // INT - The chance an NPC will have only 1 bonus skill
#define NPC_TWO_BONUS_CHANCE       30     // INT - The chance an NPC will have 2 bonus skills. If one and two aren't 100 together, there is a chance the NPC has no bonus skills.
@Levis, why wouldn't it be always 2 of them just like for the player?
If you want you can change the percentages. But I like a little diversity ;).

Holy crap, just tried all the new fixes in my game and that lag after loading is really not pretty.
Took about a minute to finally subside...

What exactly is it that all needs doing? And how did we do 10 years without all of that? :shock

Holy crap, just tried all the new fixes in my game and that lag after loading is really not pretty.
Took about a minute to finally subside...

What exactly is it that all needs doing? And how did we do 10 years without all of that? :shock
There is a toggle in case the lag is to much. I didn't notice that much but it could be its more for other people.
It depens on the location too. which location where you at?

We could do without because characters where just randomly assigned stuff and it didn't make sense at all.
There where characters at level 3 with skills at level 10 but not perks etc.
So every character is set up right now. This is why the first time you load an location it takes longer. after that it doesn't need it anymore...

@Pieter Boelen please try this version. I think this should work much better.
Quick test suggests that it is indeed better.
Still stuttering for about the first 10-15 seconds after loading into a location.
Can I spread it out over more seconds but less per second with the POSTINIT_AMOUNT_PIECES option?

Also, is it doing the "monsters" on EACH reload even if you've already been in the location?
I did notice some laggy behaviour even the second time I visited some locations.

So far I only did a quick walk around Speighstown.

Quick test suggests that it is indeed better.
Still stuttering for about the first 10-15 seconds after loading into a location.
Can I spread it out over more seconds but less per second with the POSTINIT_AMOUNT_PIECES option?

Also, is it doing the "monsters" on EACH reload even if you've already been in the location?
I did notice some laggy behaviour even the second time I visited some locations.

So far I only did a quick walk around Speighstown.
yes monsters are done each time because they aren't stored.
And yes you can spread it even more with the POSTINIT_AMOUNT_PIECES
Altough you should be carefull with spreading it to much because it might make enemies not initialized when they attack you.
is the stuttering to bad?
I have (on max settings with reshade enabled) about 30 fps in the first few seconds and after that it goes to about 60 fps.
still trying to optimize it even more, but doing it in small steps so I notice when I break something.

Back