• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Released Frigate "Rossiya", 1728

You could make the curtain a dark emerald green. That might look good with the chairs.
I like the sound of that. I reckon that would complement the cabin nicely.

I'll have a look at extending the ceiling. (Why is that term so unnecessarily confusing? o_O)

It isn't when you think of it. The ceiling in a ship conceals the ribs and provides added strength, and the ceiling in a building conceals the "ribs" of the roof, so to speak.

Here's an update at last (my PC was being ridiculously slow earlier).
Changed the curtains to dark emerald green, extended and tidied up the ceiling, and opened the curtain on the port side.

Frigate1_new42.jpg

Frigate1_new43.jpg

Unless there are any other suggestions, I reckon this completes the cabin furnishings. :dance

Definitely better. Doesn't look like sail cloth anymore! :onya
I especially like that opened curtain. Was there any reason why the other one isn't open as well?

The other side is supposed to contain a toilet, and you don't really want to see that alongside the rest of the cabin.
Also, by hiding it, I don't actually need to model it. :cheeky
I do agree the opened curtain looks quite nice though. All I did was shrink the curtain along the z-axis, and that natural shape was pretty much formed by itself.

The other side is supposed to contain a toilet, and you don't really want to see that alongside the rest of the cabin.
Also, by hiding it, I don't actually need to model it. :cheeky
Fair deal. I'm just going to have to be happy with it being open on one side. :wp

Well maybe in Hearts of Oak, we should allow the player to open and close the curtains at will. :p

And possibly sit on the non-toilet side. One of the purposes of the quarter galleries was to allow the captain to view the state of the rigging without leaving his cabin.

We could instruct the player to sit in a bathroom while playing the game. That would help with immersion while using the head.

It shouldn't be that bad. It drains directly to the ocean. By the way... We may need a sign on the outside of the quarter galleries warning swimmers to stay out of the area.

Charming, to say the least. o_O
:rofl
I remember the glorious days with Virtual Sailor when one of our old-timer members there INSISTED we started adding toilets to our ships!
Naturally, on the last ship I did, I gave him a whole toilet BLOCK. So... toilets on ship models are no news to me. :cheeky

Chose to work on the capstan today, expecting to just pop in a pre-built model and then move on to the masts.
On closer inspection though, none of the pre-built ones I had were accurate enough, so I made a new one using reference diagrams for an early eighteenth century capstan.
Hopefully I've positioned it correctly, aft of the mainmast with enough room for safe operation. There wasn't really enough space to put it anywhere else, anyway.

Frigate1_new44.jpg

I just realized that the toilet will eject right onto the aftermost broadside gun.

Back