• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Game Crashes around Specific Islands

Jason

Buccaneer
Storm Modder
After taking a ship. Playing BFF latest update

Attachments

• compile.log
    71.1 KB · Views: 98
  • error.log
    167 bytes · Views: 93
  • system.log
    7.3 KB · Views: 109
Do you have a save just prior to that? Does it happen all the time? Can it be replicated?

Unfortunately I don't see anything crash-worthy in those log files. :(

No save but I do have one for Multiple and repeated crashes to desktop during boarding. The last four times in a row.

Attachments

• compile.log
    33 KB · Views: 98
  • error.log
    167 bytes · Views: 94
  • -=Player=- Open Sea July 31st, 1720.rar
    594.1 KB · Views: 105
On another note, the game doesn't seem too stable anymore with many random CTDs making it difficult to play. It has been this way for some time now. It used to be maybe 1 CTD a day. Now it is 3-8 CTDs a day.

Here are the logs from the last one.

Attachments

• compile.log
    7.6 KB · Views: 121
  • error.log
    4.6 KB · Views: 124
  • system.log
    1.1 KB · Views: 117
You know this will probably sound crazy, but I have noticed they tend come in bunches in a specific map region. Maybe something to do with locators?

I was sailing from Havana to Marigot. In the world map all went well but 3 times in a row it CTDed while direct sailing in to port with no battles or hostile ships in sight. I finally gave up and quick sailed into port.

Here is a save sailing into port before a CTD.

Attachments

• -=Player=- Open Sea July 4th, 1690.7z
    531.2 KB · Views: 91
Thanks for that. Seems we've got some more investigating to be done.... :(

So.... wonderfully inconsistent problems again? Those are THE WORST!
You can hardly ever narrow down why they even happen at all. :modding

Well from my point of view this is a pretty serious problem. Not able to complete a boarding in 8 tries. I have need had the problem to this extent. I am wondering if you might consider assigning a higher priority to understanding the problem and finding a fix.

hmm....might have an idea here...
The Problem with the NPCharacter not being created is a known Problem which we haven't found out yet. but when this is passed to the leveling code which tries to use this in Events it might cause Problems which can result in an CTD...
I think we should add aa IsEntity check before the leveling code.
Try this please @Hylie Pistof (I wasn't able to test it here so there might be Errors. This is taken from the latest zip posted in the main Topic).
If you are still running dec22 then add this line at the top of:
InitAutoSkillsSystem
Code:
if(!IsEntity(refCharacter)) return;
and this one for InitCharacterSkills
Code:
if(!IsEntity(chref)) return;

Attachments

• Leveling.c
    68.7 KB · Views: 132
@Jason I might be able to look at it tomorrow. What do I Need to do in your savegame to replicate the Problem?

The Problem with the NPCharacter not being created is a known Problem which we haven't found out yet.
If I recall, I'd normally see that error show up at the same time as the "too many characters in location" note.
So in my experience, that normally occurs ashore while the instability occurs at sea.

But I'm not 100% sure if that happened here as well and for sure this check cannot hurt. :onya

I don't have the character code here now. but We might want to add a check in there too so it will just put a notice in the compile log instead.

hmm....might have an idea here...
The Problem with the NPCharacter not being created is a known Problem which we haven't found out yet. but when this is passed to the leveling code which tries to use this in Events it might cause Problems which can result in an CTD...
I think we should add aa IsEntity check before the leveling code.
Try this please @Hylie Pistof (I wasn't able to test it here so there might be Errors. This is taken from the latest zip posted in the main Topic).
If you are still running dec22 then add this line at the top of:
InitAutoSkillsSystem
Code:
if(!IsEntity(refCharacter)) return;
and this one for InitCharacterSkills
Code:
if(!IsEntity(chref)) return;

Huh? :pirate07:

Back