• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Game Crashes around Specific Islands

@ANSEL: You can try to extract attached to your PROGRAM\SEA_AI folder. That seems to help.
I can land at Hispaniola again, there is just a little longer loading time when I go to shore. I will have my
eyes open for what happens further on.

I think it was going from the map to the 3D sailing mode,
In that case it indeed COULD be that same issue. Especially since you mention it being in certain parts of the map.
Probably it was certain islands. If so, I may have fixed it just now. :cheeky

there is just a little longer loading time when I go to shore.
When you go to SHORE? I'd understand when going from Worldmap to 3D Sailing Mode.
But going from 3D Sailing Mode to Shore should be unaffected. :shock

@ANSEL: You can try to extract attached to your PROGRAM\SEA_AI folder. That seems to help.

I applied the same "hack fix" that I did for worldmap encounter ships before to ERASE the reused characters altogether using ClearCharacter .
At least there is absolutely no left-over crap from "previous incarnations" to mess things up now anymore.
Also allowed me to get rid of quite a bit of additional code to reset specific parts of the character, while leaving other parts.

This may not help with initial game performance during loading, because a lot more extra stuff is being reset now.
But it is probably a lot cleaner than it was before and should happen only occasionally.

I also have NO clue if "too much" is being cleared. We'll find out soon enough, I suppose. :shrug

Still, I would REALLY appreciate @Levis shining his light on this one as well. :rolleyes:
Will look at it later. But I'm never agains clearing data because it seems this does sometimes cause problems :p.

Today I seemed to notice that the "IsDead" checks already in place tend to focus on the "group commander".
So what if another ship in the group is sunk and then that group gets a new AI task? That might cause some problems as well.

So I *could* also add "IsDead" checks in ALL the "AI set task" functions to prevent potential CTDs from that.
My fear though is that could make these sort of issue a lot less visible, so we wouldn't notice them even if they'd still be there. :modding

Will look at it later. But I'm never agains clearing data because it seems this does sometimes cause problems :p.
Wait, what? I assume you mean that NOT clearing data can cause problems? :wp

Today I seemed to notice that the "IsDead" checks already in place tend to focus on the "group commander".
So what if another ship in the group is sunk and then that group gets a new AI task? That might cause some problems as well.

So I *could* also add "IsDead" checks in ALL the "AI set task" functions to prevent potential CTDs from that.
My fear though is that could make these sort of issue a lot less visible, so we wouldn't notice them even if they'd still be there. :modding
maybe add logit messages for them and a trace message, so if people see them they report it? Have it invisible for the public release but for the internal release we do show it?

Wait, what? I assume you mean that NOT clearing data can cause problems? :wp
that

I did not express my self correct, of course I should have said: From worldmap to 3d sailing mode.
Ah, that does make more sense. I'll believe that for sure.
Bit of a shame, but hopefully @Levis can have a look into it to determine if it is really necessary or not.

maybe add logit messages for them and a trace message, so if people see them they report it? Have it invisible for the public release but for the internal release we do show it?
I've now added log message aplenty. :wp

We shall see. I stopped going to Marigot completely because of CTDs there while all other islands I visited were fine. But I never visited any Dutch islands as they were hostile until yesterday.

We shall see. I stopped going to Marigot completely because of CTDs there while all other islands I visited were fine. But I never visited any Dutch islands as they were hostile until yesterday.
So you're saying you are still playing the game where Marigot is bugged?
In that case, PLEASE RETURN THERE! If I'm right, then it will work without problem now.
And if not, at least we'll know it is back to the drawing board. :cheers

Back