• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Game Promotion: Laying the Foundation

We managed to get ourselves up to:
ModDB HoO Profile: 97 Watchers
YouTube Channel: 101 subscribers
Twitter Feed: 121 followers
Facebook Page: 221 likes

Not bad, I suppose...

Hopefully that will improve with help from THIS POST on the UDK forums! :onya

A quick note- I don't know if the exclamation point used in the thread (Hearts of Oak: Conquest of the Seas!) suits the game's name.

The one in the UDK forums. Good point actually, the name doesn't need an exclamation mark.

I added the exclamation mark to emphasize the game announcement, not to change or alter the name. It does match the big retail box concept art pic on our front page as well though. :wp

Ah, yes. The fake box art does have it. But the official game name doesn't. :no

I made that box art as a joke a while back, making fun of the acronym HOOCOTS.

It is currently showing as box art on the game's main profile too, because a box art is required and it's the only one we've got. :cheeky

:facepalm

If I ever get back on a light table, I may have to transfer one of my new graph paper drawings to watercolor. Then I'll be able to make a more serious temporary cover. The only problem is finding a light table. And non-Crayola water colors. And nice watercolor paper. And a serious set of brushes.... On second thought, that might not be such a good idea. At least I have the gum Arabic!

If worst comes to worst, it may end this summer with me holding a flashlight under a glass table to transfer my sketches to better paper.
:facepalm

One way or the other, I'll have to get it done. Wouldn't want all of my best work trapped on graph paper. :rolleyes:

One way or the other, I'll have to get it done. Wouldn't want all of my best work trapped on graph paper. :rolleyes:
Just wondering: maybe you could scan the drawings and remove the graph paper lines digitally? I know there's a 'de-stripe' filter in GIMP that would do the trick, but I guess it depends on how well the drawings show up in scanned images.

Possibly. The only problem is that they wouldn't have any color to them at all. Right now, they're just more pencil sketches, suitable as concept art for the team to view, but not for advertising or anything.

Back