• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentelmen of Fortune! v1.2 Full Release Patch 1.0 FAQ/Bugs/Installing

I have a problem with the pirate quest, the mission "Morgan's Favor" it's not working for me, I'm in Port Royal and nothing happens, any idea?

LE: John Bolton it's with me as a passenger.

I have a problem with the pirate quest, the mission "Morgan's Favor" it's not working for me, I'm in Port Royal and nothing happens, any idea?

LE: John Bolton it's with me as a passenger.

When you arrive at Port Royale, walk to Morgans house ( go past the store and keep walking - turn left at the end - Morgan's house is on your left 2nd or 3rd door ) Before you get there ( just after you turn left ) you should be arrested by a soldier & transported to Prison.

I'm not sure if it's known bug but looks like my hired fighters have some laziness issue :rolleyes:

I got quite far in games without having a need to hire some extra help but with huge Spanish bounty on me i had to take some, but problem is fighters aren't moving in combat, they just stand there and wait for enemy to come close to attack. It doesn't matter if its boarding or land combat. :shrug

I tried at least dozen officers and it's the same thing.

We had an earlier problem with them charging haphazardly to their deaths, so we changed the behavior in the code slightly. If you want them to follow you push G (for officers follow). If you want them to attack in front of you, push C (for officers charge) If you want them to stop, push H (for officers hold).

I think you will be much happier using these controls.

MK

Able to play now, and the mod looks great! I like how beatrice devlin has a visible cuirass now. New colored sail options a pretty cool, and alot of the recruitable officers have new and unique looks. My officers won't be so bland now. Totally loving the options for realism and such, and how they can take effect immediately after setting them, even in the middle of a battle!

Can we get some female recruitable officers? I keep seeing one on every ship I got on in 'a pirate's proposition', and I want one.

I sold all ships and was out at sea only with the Lydia. Below is a CTD list. No safes here in battle all 1st encounters and crashes. Not to mention it's no fun doing this *hehe*. So many crashes something is really broken there.

Without the mast "don't fall fix"
2x - Fireing fist cannon salvo (chain shot) in a battle against 1 class 5 ship (early battle stage no ship could have lost a mast so fast)
1x - Fireing cannon salvo (chain shot) convoy 2x Spain vessels (1xFrig 1xSloop of war), 4xFrench mixed squadron. (early battle stage no ship could have lost a mast)
1x - Encounter in the fist seconds while beeing on the 3D map (against 1 enemy vessel)
1x - Battle Corvette 1xHeavy Corvette 1xLa Couronne (early battle stage no ship could have lost a mast)

With the mast "don't fall fix" in use
1x- Bellone cl-2, 1x-fast schooner 1x-La Couronne 1xColonial Frigate (some broadsides were deployed but still very early stage in battle)
1x- Encounter in the fist seconds while beeing on the 3D map (against 2 squadrons which were fighting against each others)
1x- vs cutter and sloop boarded one and while chasing the other and fireing grapes CTD (saildamage was below 10%).
(I simply stopped testing since the ctd occurs at the same rate as without the fix)

Does that help you guys in anyway to figure out the bug? Oh yeah I say a little graphic bug the middle mast has a light where nothing should be at night... so this one could be removed if possible see screencaps for details.

Also issues encountered:

-Lydia has no sounds for fireing cannons
-Warship (Class 3) has no sounds for fireing cannons
-It's also a higher rate of CTD if you have a Lydia against you, ctd happened minimum 2 times for me in such a situtation. This occured as I didn't have one myself.

@Joe:

The fix is working wonders for me, never seen another crash afyer applying it. And I checked it very carefully.

Apparently we have a few very difficult to track/solve bugs lurking around. :ixi

Thank you very much, Joe.
buho (A).

NOTE: &%$@#!

Could you please elaborate: What's that "masts don't fall fix"?
Can't find a file, or a "how to" manual and my sealevel game ist *extremely* unstable during battle. Way more crashes than with the combined mod.

On a different note:
* I've encountered several really strange tresures, containing stuff like 50 dead cormorans.

* Some contraband are just ridiculous.
Iron? Medicine?? PLANKS???
I'm still searching for a settlement that banned food thou... oh, on second thought, maby it WAS there, two weeks ago...
Some wares should be excluded from the possible contraband list.

hi,

I have some questions about GOF and CMV3.2 :

1/ can we install both mods? I see that info in this thread but on the GOF dl page on Mod db I see GOF include CMV3.2 ... so I'm not sure of what i must do/ My english is to poor.

2/ if we can't install both mods i want to install a stable mod. is cmv3.2 stable or is it a stopped beta version?

Sorry if my english isn't that good, but it's not my native language

thanks in advance for your answers

Slimus

1. Lookout has reports "ships name" but I can't see the ship nor sail to her (3D view)... has this sailor on watch drunken to much rum? Is it a bug or a hint to do something I do not know?

2. Female Captains are mostly not recognised as such... often they are spoken to as man. Also the title Baron well should be Baroness no? I know utterly unimportant but anyway I just wanted to mention that.

hi,

I have some questions about GOF and CMV3.2 :

1/ can we install both mods? I see that info in this thread but on the GOF dl page on Mod db I see GOF include CMV3.2 ... so I'm not sure of what i must do/ My english is to poor.

2/ if we can't install both mods i want to install a stable mod. is cmv3.2 stable or is it a stopped beta version?

Sorry if my english isn't that good, but it's not my native language

thanks in advance for your answers

Slimus

No you do not need to install CMV3.2, GOF 1.1 already has all the things CMV3.2 changed included. All you need to do is install COAS, GOF 1.0 and the patch GOF 1.1. If you wish to play as the pirates then you will need to install the pirate nation fixed which is on the first page of this topic.

Hope this helps. :onya

1. Lookout has reports "ships name" but I can't see the ship nor sail to her (3D view)... has this sailor on watch drunken to much rum? Is it a bug or a hint to do something I do not know?

2. Female Captains are mostly not recognised as such... often they are spoken to as man. Also the title Baron well should be Baroness no? I know utterly unimportant but anyway I just wanted to mention that.

1. I'm not sure I've seen this happen before.

2. NPC's should address females by their gender (ma'am instead of sir for example) unless something got changed that I'm unaware of. As for the titles, I think we'd need a coder to look into that since the game originally assumes you were male even if you weren't so all the titles are for males.

Is there any way I can just copy my saved game file to my desktop, re-install a fresh copy of AoP2 with GoF, and then just replace the other saved game file with the one I copied? I'm only asking because I just don't want to go through the hassle of starting all over again. I was kind of late realizing that the Combined Mod was now Gentlemen of Fortune, because I just recently bought AoP2 (because I really like the naval battles and the realism of the sailing, however I don't enjoy the stereotypical pirate garb and such that AoP has in it) and someone told me to get the Combined Mod, not knowing it wasn't going to be updated anymore.

1. I'm not sure I've seen this happen before.

2. NPC's should address females by their gender (ma'am instead of sir for example) unless something got changed that I'm unaware of. As for the titles, I think we'd need a coder to look into that since the game originally assumes you were male even if you weren't so all the titles are for males.

1) It happens. Some times you enter sea and the enemy ships are not there.

2) The females are addressed as men and they address men as females sometimes. At least Danielle Greene address soldiers as females now and then.

Cheers.
buho (A).

I installed the 1.1 patch, but in the main menu (and everywhere else, where applicable), it still says 1.0. Should I be concerned about that?

Is there any way I can just copy my saved game file to my desktop, re-install a fresh copy of AoP2 with GoF, and then just replace the other saved game file with the one I copied? I'm only asking because I just don't want to go through the hassle of starting all over again. I was kind of late realizing that the Combined Mod was now Gentlemen of Fortune, because I just recently bought AoP2 (because I really like the naval battles and the realism of the sailing, however I don't enjoy the stereotypical pirate garb and such that AoP has in it) and someone told me to get the Combined Mod, not knowing it wasn't going to be updated anymore.

I'm afraid that won't work. The way AoP2 saves games, it will be as if you never installed GoF. If it works at all. The method yo described sounds rather likely to corrupt your save file.

That said, the 'must start new game after installing any mod' part of the game is really annoying. Is there any way we can get around this? I'm seeing it done a little bit in GoF, with the 'mod options' section in the game option menu, but it would be cool if we could improve on that.

Back