• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentelmen of Fortune! v1.2 Full Release Patch 1.0 FAQ/Bugs/Installing

Bug?
Surprise Frigte has two bow cannons marked in the cannon count menu, but none are available in battle.
looking at the (HOT!) model i see no Bow cannons either.

Still GoFfing on version 1,0

Ahoy!

I've just installed GoF 1.1 (I've been playing CMV so far). I have problem with cannons. Most of the time only half of side fires (i.e. if ship has 3 cannons on one side only 1-2 fires at one time, rarely 3). Is this a feature or a bug??

PS Is GoF somehow related to CMV or those are completely separate projects??

EDIT: It looks like it concerns small ships. When I obtained bigger ships this problem didn't occur any more.

I just downloaded mod, and it's patch, played for hour or two and I have to say that it isn't bad. But, there are some bugs and other stuff, but I'm not really bothered with that :sail

I'm too lazy to read whole topic so I don't know did anyone reported one bug. :facepalm When you're trying to fix all cannons on ship they are always added in your storage. I clicked 100 times "fix all" and then had loads of cannons, then sold them and had millions of piasters or whatever. Fix it :nk

I'm too lazy to read whole topic so I don't know did anyone reported one bug. :facepalm When you're trying to fix all cannons on ship they are always added in your storage. I clicked 100 times "fix all" and then had loads of cannons, then sold them and had millions of piasters or whatever. Fix it :nk

It's a known exploit that probably has been around since vanilla, if ye be an honest pirate, don't do it ;)

It's a known exploit that probably has been around since vanilla, if ye be an honest pirate, don't do it ;)

Yeah, I loaded game and I'm throwing them in the sea :D

Bug?
Surprise Frigte has two bow cannons marked in the cannon count menu, but none are available in battle.
looking at the (HOT!) model i see no Bow cannons either.

Still GoFfing on version 1,0

That's a bug we can't solve atm. A long time ago we looked at all the models and gave the ship accurate gun #'s either based on the model or their historical amount and it created a lot of errors in the game. Ultimately, we decided to go back to the old #'s.

Sail to broken or changed? Using the "sail to" command only allows me to sail to a friendly ship or fort, the towns, lighthouses, and other locations around the islands aren't able to be sailed to anymore?

Sail to broken or changed? Using the "sail to" command only allows me to sail to a friendly ship or fort, the towns, lighthouses, and other locations around the islands aren't able to be sailed to anymore?

Interestingly enough I solved this problem by re-installing COAS and GOF! 1.0 + patch 1.1 and no longer have this issue. Snarky install the first time I guess.!

Great mod guys, as usual quality work by this community!

We're adding the final touches to 1.2 and currently in the testing phase, we hope to have the new patch out soon. :sail

I don't know if these qualify as bugs but...

officers loyalty does not change over years even, the only time it change in my two games was with the dutchmans quest, my shark officers wen't down on they're loyalty because of obvious reasons, but that's it.

Also there's something seriouslly broken with stock frigates, men-white, sails-blue and hull-red, no damage can be ever dune to them, it happens in verious quests or missions.

Otherwise the mod is a pleasure to play, many thanks. :onya

Hmmmm.... i downloaded the GoF 1.0 version and i want to open it and my computer crashes....... Please help! :S

Its a exe, it shouldn't be possible to open it. If you mean for the installer to start then you'll need someone who has greater experience with computers than me.

Just wanted to state my thanks for this mod. There are very few games that I would list as unplayable due to bugs, the stock City of Abandoned Ships was one of them. It used to be that I would go maybe 20-30 minutes between crashes, and it simply got to the point that I considered it unplayable. Since I heard about the Gentlemen of Fortune patch and reinstalled the main program with the patch I have yet to experience a single crash in several hours of gameplay. While games like Sid Meier's Pirates were certainly entertaining it was only the Akella programs that , at least to my knowledge, gave you sea battles from the quarterdeck of your ship and that has always been the major draw for me to their games and left Meier's kind of sit to the wayside. Keep up the good work and just never make me ask "Why is the rum always gone."

Well its not like i cant open it but everything crashes the time im trying to open it.... i double click on it and and the circe comes o the mouse icon which means its loading but actaulyl it takes forever and i cant close the folder the GOF 1.0.exe is inside i actually have to reset the whole computer to work normally again... i first though maybe the download was corrupt so i downloaded it twice and the same thing.... never had probs with Combined Mod or any other mods..... :/// please someone help me im using Vista Home Premium btw.....

nevermind works :) just clicked again on the exe file and left after half a hour the program started xD? well whatever it works no :)

I guess it's due to size of the file and probably low memory available - I get that with large archives and installers on my old pc.

Hello, I've installed the mod 1.0 and the patch 1.1 over a clean install of COAS. Everything runs fine, but I have a question. The main menu displays my version of the GOF mod as 1.0 instead of 1.1. Does this mean I failed to install the patch correctly? Thanks in advance for any help, and for all the hard work putting the mod together.

Hello, I've installed the mod 1.0 and the patch 1.1 over a clean install of COAS. Everything runs fine, but I have a question. The main menu displays my version of the GOF mod as 1.0 instead of 1.1. Does this mean I failed to install the patch correctly? Thanks in advance for any help, and for all the hard work putting the mod together.
So is my installation. still shows v1.0 eventhough it's v1.1. I'm pretty sure it was patched correctly and now its v1.1. My guess is that the text part which shows the mod version wasn't updated but the game/mod is v1.1. So all should be okay.

Great thanks for this sweet modpackage it's superb awesome, if we now could have a crash free gaming experience that would be a dream, sadly the vanilla game has plenty of issues. Well save often is a must. Though you fixed quite a bunch of buggers... cheers :)

My guess is that the text part which shows the mod version wasn't updated but the game/mod is v1.1. So all should be okay.

I am pretty sure this is the case, just a bit of an oversite. I am sure the mod team will get to it as soon as they can.

Back