• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentelmen of Fortune! v1.2 Full Release Patch 1.0 FAQ/Bugs/Installing

Hello, I've installed the mod 1.0 and the patch 1.1 over a clean install of COAS. Everything runs fine, but I have a question. The main menu displays my version of the GOF mod as 1.0 instead of 1.1. Does this mean I failed to install the patch correctly? Thanks in advance for any help, and for all the hard work putting the mod together.
So is my installation. still shows v1.0 eventhough it's v1.1. I'm pretty sure it was patched correctly and now its v1.1. My guess is that the text part which shows the mod version wasn't updated but the game/mod is v1.1. So all should be okay.

Great thanks for this sweet modpackage it's superb awesome, if we now could have a crash free gaming experience that would be a dream, sadly the vanilla game has plenty of issues. Well save often is a must. Though you fixed quite a bunch of buggers... cheers :)

You are correct, but we aren't going to fix it because we are almost ready to release 1.2.

MK

Will Jack Harrison`s HMS Providence be presented in the upcoming version of GOF?

With best regards
Meyer189 :onya

i love all teh mods and that tuff but the only thing i hate is that i have to start a new game every time a new mod is out will i have to start a new game when 1.2 comes ?

I also get that program termination error.

I am using GoF1.1, Windows 7 and a separate harddrive (driveletter G:) for just this game.

I did a clean install of the game from the disc (no patches or anything) about 4 times now. The clean install runs fine, and I only get the error once I install GoF 1.1 on top.

To my knowlegde, this is the only way to install the mod? Forgive me if that is not the case.

error log:
COMPILE ERROR - file: seadogs.c; line: 1249
Undeclared identifier: OfficersFollow

system log:
Scanning modules\
Loading modules...
Loaded 45
Reset...
Initializing CORE...
Creating atoms space: 128
done
initializing complete
Initializing DirectX 9
ERROR: Techniques: Find duplicate technique name: rain
Techniques: 22 shaders compiled.
Techniques: 230 techniques compiled.
Techniques: compiled by 362216565 ticks.
User Rised Exception
.\Sources\Core.cpp line 603
fail to create program

I have been playing the GOF mod for awhile now and I can't seem to find anything above a tier 3 or 4 ship. Is this a glitch or am I just not leveled up enough to find them? By the way Playing as Jack Sparrow, English Privateer, with the Black Pearl

Well I saw a tier 1 ship (in harbour) and have met a fleet where two tier 2 ships where involved I had to run away *smiles* so all okay I would say Jack.

Bug report GoF v1.1
Now to my findings the Colonial Frigate seem to have a problem with the camera view. When you switch to the deck view it looks like below. A friendly ship was nearby and I couldn't even see it with my spyglass.. looks like I've got a submarine there...
:shrug

(thumbs can be click on for full view)

Not sure if it's a known bug so I post it.

You need to uninstall COAS. It's the same as uninstalling any other program.

If you want to keep your CMV mod and have GOF also, then you should just do a new fresh install of COAS but to a different folder you create, on your desktop or wherever (not in the Playlogic folder in your C directory), then install GOF on top of that new copy.

MK

Hey, I've recently downloaded the GOF + 1.1 and I have to say wat I've seen so far is amazing.

The only problem I've had with the mod however is that some of the new ships cause my game to crash when I enter a town and their at anchor in the background. Same goes for when certain ships load at the main menu. First time this happened in game was when I captured a Dutch patrol ship (?) and tried to sail into Guadeloupe. Can someone help me please? I really, really want to play more of the game without crashes.

stuck on the starting sequence where you learn how to fight. can't exit it.william turner, adventurer.

i edit my post adding that the battles are still as slow as in CMV, is this a planned feature, making all enemies enought fast to turn around you, and enough weird to keep doign it even when they don't hit me, and if i aprroach they just go away until i turn around, when they return?

how can i edit the distance to exit a battle?

stuck on the starting sequence where you learn how to fight. can't exit it.william turner, adventurer.
Well that is the case with all characters that use the faction Pirate. For me it is. I'm pretty sure the Pirate characters don't have a starting location thus after the short tutorial you simply stay on the ship instead to continue at the harbour.

So you can only pick another nation to bypass this and if you like switch to Pirate later ingame.

Their is a fix for this in this topic i believe. Not sure why it was never posted on the first page but it is here somewhere. Here you go bud.

http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/17530-gentelmen-of-fortune-v11-faqbugsinstalling/page__view__findpost__p__394182

Insta guide:
Move or copy and paste file into "Program\characters" and when asked to overwrite say yes. Done.

i love all teh mods and that tuff but the only thing i hate is that i have to start a new game every time a new mod is out will i have to start a new game when 1.2 comes ?

Yes, we are making 1.2 compatible with previous saved games.

To All = Make sure you all update you video cards drivers to the latest and update direct X to Direct X 11. That solved my CTD problems. This will solve most of your problems I suspect but 1.2 will be even better. We have tested the current patch extensively and the one we are about to release is being tested even more.

Fair sailing!
keith.gif

Craiggo

..So do I have to install GOF 1.0 first and then 1.1 afterwards? I still dont understand this runtime error.

Clean install of CoAS

Install GoF! 1.0

Install GoF! 1.1 patch

Install GoF 1.2 patch (when it is released)

And like Craiggo said, make sure your video drivers are up to date. Hopefully this will solve the errors.

..So do I have to install GOF 1.0 first and then 1.1 afterwards? I still dont understand this runtime error.

Clean install of CoAS

Install GoF! 1.0

Install GoF! 1.1 patch

Install GoF 1.2 patch (when it is released)

And like Craiggo said, make sure your video drivers are up to date. Hopefully this will solve the errors.

Thx officerpuppy! :doff My gfx.drivers are up-to-date though..using a AMD/Radeon 5770.
Will follow your install-instructions, currently downloading GOF 1.0 (23,5 kb/s from ModDB :rolleyes:) and will acquire the patches from Luke159´s folder on the CoAS FTP, except for the 1.2 patch :)

EDIT: ..And it all worked out fine :yes Thank You once again.

Back