• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentelmen of Fortune! v1.2 Full Release Patch 1.0 FAQ/Bugs/Installing

For the purpose of promoting your modding efforts, please see here:
http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/18259-piratesahoy-community-facebook-page

Anyone know why my ship doesn't move ? wind just sits at 0 I installed GOF 1.0 and 1.1 over a fresh COAS and i even turned off realistic weather and still my ship just sits there dead in the water

yea you know what I figured it out, he wind at your starting location is just blasting you against the shore and when I actually sailed to another spot on the island I got into a fight and the winds was against me again so I was thinking, " What the hell happened o the game" haha its all good now though. thanks !

Anyone know why my ship doesn't move ? wind just sits at 0 I installed GOF 1.0 and 1.1 over a fresh COAS and i even turned off realistic weather and still my ship just sits there dead in the water

1. As Megla said what is your sails set as half, full or none?
2. Are you trying to sail into the wind?
3. What ship are you sailing, Sloop, Frigate, MOW etc

If you can answer these questions then we can help you out. :onya

Hello everyone!

Im a big fan of COAS,first played POTC loooong time ago then a virus got in an the game got erased so as I was trying to find n download it, i found AoF COAS and noticed they're very similar and started playing it.
I love these RPG's there arent many but anyways I dont want to bore you with this lol...

My problem is im not good at installing and that stuff and would really really like to try out the GoF patch but some things arent workin out...I have downloaded a fresh copy of COAS,downloaded GoF 1.0,GoF 1.1,GoF 1.1x i saw someone mentioned 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 but I couldnt find them...
Anyways i would really appriciate if you write me a manual,infos how to install it.Or if theres already a written one,just link it...And also if I could get a link of 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 if it exists...

Thanks very much :)

TutanKhamon

Actually Ive made a big mistake with 1.1x..Was stupid of me...
I did something but...I installed 1.0,then 1.1 but when i started the game it said 1.0...Is it supposed to be like that or..?

Hello everyone!

Im a big fan of COAS,first played POTC loooong time ago then a virus got in an the game got erased so as I was trying to find n download it, i found AoF COAS and noticed they're very similar and started playing it.
I love these RPG's there arent many but anyways I dont want to bore you with this lol...

My problem is im not good at installing and that stuff and would really really like to try out the GoF patch but some things arent workin out...I have downloaded a fresh copy of COAS,downloaded GoF 1.0,GoF 1.1,GoF 1.1x i saw someone mentioned 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 but I couldnt find them...
Anyways i would really appriciate if you write me a manual,infos how to install it.Or if theres already a written one,just link it...And also if I could get a link of 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 if it exists...

Thanks very much :)

TutanKhamon

Hi bud welcome to PA. :onya

The instal order is.
1) Install COAS.
2) Install GOF 1.0.
3) Install GOF 1.1.
4) GOF_111_full.rar
5) GOF_112

Links to GOF 1.1. and 1.1.2 can be found at the bottom of the first post in this topic Here ;)

Yeah I figured out how easy it was...Thanks Luke,ive seen you on several forums and i think your work is great :)
Anyways if you were planning to expand the game a bit more one of my suggestions is to make autosave,it really pisses me off when a game doesent have autosave because I usually forget to save and then hours of playing dump into water :(
The game is great! You have brought it to a different level and its much much more intresting now. I only dislike that you've inserted some real life pictures into ship-pictures so it doesent fit the game propperly..Anyways great work,9/10.

Littlebig bug:

There are at least two "Shores of Mosquitos" on the Map ("M" and then rightclick to zoom in).
One is at Technochtitlan, one ist at Porto Bello.

I've been all over that coast for hours in search of "A cave right of the Shores of Mosquitos" (stupid tresure map ^^), but my cave isn't around Technochtitlan.
In the leftclick detail-map the other one is called "Bay of Mosquitos". What do you think? sould i try there, or are there more mosquitos? Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Hmm to be honest I had some bugs in the treasure department as well but really can't put my finger to it. That needs a investigation. However in my opinion and what i can tell the rewards of the treasure map quests are minimal considering the effort the player has and spent the PoE to get the maps....

My advice stay away from those missions go for the people in town do their tasks or go for the governor or be the role model pirate thing... just my 2ct mate.

cheers
Joe

Uuuh yes, expecially the content should get a major rework!
78 x poker?!? Who was that guy, hiding a goddamn scrapyard?? And who the hell did he rob?

You see, i've found the *ehrm* "tresure" in the meantime... it whas at the other "Shores of Mosquitos". In an uncharted cave ...straight ahead, not the one to the right ...wich was there also.
I guess, tresure hunting isn't an exact science. ^^

See first post for updated GoF! version.

Many thanks to Luke for putting all we've been working on into one file. :onya

hi, im just going to see how this mod works, i just wanted to say too that the link to the voice mates isn't working

@ OP
No problem bud, can you also update the ship mates voices with the link bellow please. :onya

@ jack_px
Here you go bud, sorry about that. ;)
http://www.mediafire.com/?zmw58va6700e9x2

nice work with the mod keep it up ^^, I wanted to ask, did you change the money thatyou recieve from the mission of traders? i mean, i made a contraband business and i recieve the same amount of gold than doing a mission for a trader xD

mmm i dont know if its just me but, when i register the cabin of a captain after killim him, i cant return to the world map :S.

Thanks bud. :onya

Go to options and look in mods, there is some switches that will make it more challenging to make money like realistic weights, realistic prices, with both of these set to on you will find the profits much lower and your ship not able to carry as much goods, turning these off will set the game to run more like default, well as close to as we can get it. So profits are much higher and the size of your cargohold isn't as important, i think though you have to start a new game for them to take effect because the reinit switch not been included in GOF 1.1.2. I couild be wrong though, i don't play that version to busy working on GOF 1.2. ;)

hey where i can find now the war ships? xD, i mean i already have about 4 ships but they can only have about 100 of crew and i cant find better ships on map.

Edit: for get it i have already found one xD

Back