• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentelmen of Fortune! v1.2 Full Release Patch 1.0 FAQ/Bugs/Installing

Just to update everyone, we're currently sorting out some issues with possible file mismatches, once we've made some progress, I'll update everyone again.

When we have fixed this problem it is recomended to install COAS again and install GOF 1.2 not GOF 1.1.2 because they are not compatable with one another. We may have found the problem at least we can start the game and no runtime errors accure at startup or loading to shore, if all is well we will release the patch and re-update the first post with the links again. Sorry for the inconvienece this has caused but we are working on fixing the problem as fast as we can. :onya

What is "5. GoF! 1.2 CW V2" and where do I find it? And btw it would've been nice if you could post a link to "4. GoF!1.1.2 Full patch" in description, so it's easy to find for beginners like myself. I found it here.

What is "5. GoF! 1.2 CW V2" and where do I find it? And btw it would've been nice if you could post a link to "4. GoF!1.1.2 Full patch" in description, so it's easy to find for beginners like myself. I found it here.
Never mind brothers, I talked to Officerpuppy and we sorted out the confusion. No mutiny this time :no

Huh, we can't give links to something that has been reported not working and breaking the game without first fixing it and making sure it works as inttended. Till then no links to GOF 1.2 full mod or its patch will be posted, but it could be soon that the links will be posted again hopefully. :dance

I have a little question.

Have any one a tutorial to add new hero to AOP2? and have anyone a list of all model type also off the officers model with pics?

cu

I think there's problem with Black Pearl,after I downloaded GoF, the ship's the sailorpoint doesn't seems right and there's no light or lamp at night, can you fix these?

I think there's problem with Black Pearl,after I downloaded GoF, the ship's the sailorpoint doesn't seems right and there's no light or lamp at night, can you fix these?

You should preport this in the bug report section bud, otherwise it stands a chance of been missed. I have yet to sail that ship but i will check her out and make sure all is well. :onya

Hello All,
I am having difficulty installing this mod (GoF 1.1.2)
I have a few questions:

I have downloaded it from pirateahoy several times. I used winrar to extract it. I get a warning saying it cant find the source to extract it from, but it will extract it to a folder not on top of AoP. Any suggestions?

Another question, where do I download these files to?
...on top of the AoP folder?
...in the module folder?
...in the Program folder?

I have it extracted to a folder by itself. Does any computer guru know how I can use these files to still play GoF? (Keep it simple please, Im fairly new to this.)

When it is in its proper place, will the game interface change? The log in screen change? How will I visually know it is installed?

Thank you,
-Sir Ronald

First off it's a 7z file you download not a rar one so use 7z for extraction to avoid possible issues while extracting. 7z is a free packer and extractor programm.

1. download the package GoF 1.1.2 from link 1st post (where you save the package doesn't matter)
2. Extract the content to your main game AOP2 installation

Start your AOP2 COAS game and while you see the main menu you should see Gentlemen of fortune typed down in the lower right corner if I remember correctly as well as the version number if that isn't displayed anywhere you extracted/moved it to the wrong place.

NOTE: Please install GoF! over a fresh copy of CoAS.
If you've installed before and maybe changed something unwanted in the original install of the AOP2 game better do a complete new install of aop2 and then the GoF.

Hello

I have a strange problem with new GOF (or maybe with AoP?).

My character began to walk, instead of running and i don't know why. Button "toggle run" doesn't change anything (option: "Always run" too. Same as restart of the game)

Maybe someone has this problem too and know how to solve it?

Hello

I have a strange problem with new GOF (or maybe with AoP?).

My character began to walk, instead of running and i don't know why. Button "toggle run" doesn't change anything (option: "Always run" too. Same as restart of the game)

Maybe someone has this problem too and know how to solve it?

Have you fought a bunch of enemies lately becoming wounded in the process, causing your health to be lowered? Have you recently obtained a ship that is beyond your abilities?

In either of these cases, your character stats are diminished which makes the amount of weight you can carry much less.

Check your weight. Are you maxed out or carrying more than you should be able to? If so, drop some items, give items to an officer, or put a bunch of your stuff in your ship's chest.

Once you're back below your max weight again, you will be able to run once more. If this is not the case, then it's a new bug that needs to be reported.

MK

I have countless crashes on the world map, has anyone an idea what's going wrong?

The game then ends mostly like this:

It is really hard because I hardly ever can play 10 minutes without a crash.

GoF 1.2
Win 7, 32bit

AOP2 is unstabel to begin with but every 10 minutes makes it unplayable... I can't remember to have such a crash with this message but I'm on WinXP. Maybe you use a non CD crack that is causing trouble and extra crashes since AOP2 is unstable better play with the DVD in your drive you can spare yourself some CTD by doing so.

Otherwise I've got no idea. You can try to reinstall all fresh sometimes gamefiles are damaged for some reason.

i have the game downloaded from Usenext and the game works just fine i even have a few backups for this game :D And without the Tagesclient firmware which makes the ctd's...
On other terms: how the hell do you have 1.2 GOF??? i didnt find it on the FTP server cuz the files there are very small.... Or do i have to use it on the latest GOF 1.1.2 to be able to play GOF 1.2? :D

Thanks you landlubbers,

AOP2 is unstabel to begin with but every 10 minutes makes it unplayable... I can't remember to have such a crash with this message but I'm on WinXP. Maybe you use a non CD crack that is causing trouble and extra crashes since AOP2 is unstable better play with the DVD in your drive you can spare yourself some CTD by doing so.

Otherwise I've got no idea. You can try to reinstall all fresh sometimes gamefiles are damaged for some reason.

I own the original DVD from the beginning. When I play the DVD is still in the drive.

i have the game downloaded from Usenext and the game works just fine i even have a few backups for this game :D And without the Tagesclient firmware which makes the ctd's...
On other terms: how the hell do you have 1.2 GOF??? i didnt find it on the FTP server cuz the files there are very small.... Or do i have to use it on the latest GOF 1.1.2 to be able to play GOF 1.2? :D

Thanks you landlubbers,

Look at this, last Post from Luke 159:

http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/18296-gof-12-updates-only/page__view__findpost__p__419127

[#10342] We could not determine which forum this topic is in.

??
Well I got it figured out by Officer Puppy and i play/test the beta... it has its flaws but i never had a crash except for the once in a time crash which is becuz of my graphic card which cant handle 16 heavy tier ships at once xD took me 5 reloads and alot of ressource enabling to make it stable and this was one of the most awesome fights i ever had xD Oh btw i have found an admiral suit in one of those treasure chests... never saw that loot before but the new outfit improved my own playing ego by 500% XD

I hope the flaws, which i wont mention here, will be fixed before release cuz then the new GOF will overrun the build mod in comparison to its awesomeness:D

The Mates Voices WAV files are no longer available on Mediafire. Is there an alternate DL source? I scanned through the FTP and didn't see them.

Thanks! And sorry if this has already been discussed and I missed it!

Back