• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Gentlemen of Fortune 1.2 Maelstrom refined Mod

Mirsaneli

Privateer
Storm Modder
Hello everyone. Recently I have been working on the GoF 1.2 refined mod. After a few months of work, I present you the GoF 1.2 mod for Maelstrom engine made by @ChezJfrey. It might work with the original COAS engine, but I haven't tested it, and I don't recommend it since Malestrom never crashed for me, even after hours and hours of playing. The mod is a combination of different goodies that I implemented to suit my personal appetite for Privateer games. The credits go of course to the original developers of GoF 1.2 mod from PA!, while for my work the credits also go to @Cerez and @ChezJfrey for helping me with the codes.

The mod includes the following:
- 50 playable characters (historical and fictional)
- new weather system
- retextured the islands
- added new textures (mostly from SD:TEHO and AOP: Caribbean Tales)
- added new sounds
- added new sea textures (combination of POTC and AoP: CT)
- fixed all the wrong .tga.tx scripts
- added all the fixes by Jan Marten
- added the loyalty mod by? (need name of the user, have had the mod in my disk for quite a while and can't find developer name)
- added original COAS loading screens (I like them better)
- added gunner shout sound when firing cannons (by @Cerez)
- added new music (mostly from Cutthroats: Terror on the high seas and Anno games)
- added interface textures by @TheBlackKnight
- fixed some ship waterlines
- added sail sounds when sailing in 3D mode
- added big ball splash animation (the original one is ugly) by @Cerez and @ChezJfrey
- replaced the cannon fire smoke particle
- changed default starting ship to Edinburg trader
- 3 new historical and fictional hero characters by modernknight1 (Edward England, Blackbeard, Silas Scallywag)
- all the new great stuff and textures by the modders from corsairs-harbour.ru

and many other small tweaks, but these are the most important. Also, the credits go to all other developers, because I'm not trying to present this as my Mod, this still is other people's work. I'm just sharing some contents that I added to make it feel better.

Note: I know the flags are not historically accurate, but I don't pay too much attention to that, because I liked these ones better.

Link updated [18.03.2021]
3.94 GB file on MEGA

Link for standard Storm Engine 2.8 [05.02.2021]
4.47 GB file on MEGA

Also, you will need Malestrom engine to play the mod (you can try with the original COAS engine, but I haven't tested it) which is @ChezJfrey's work and I cannot share it without his permission.

Screenshots:

Lc0Adck.jpg

Zmownux.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful! Though none can compare to the sea in PoTC, always wanted to port that texture over.

But astounding work!

Beautiful! Though none can compare to the sea in PoTC, always wanted to port that texture over.

But astounding work!

Thanks mate! My goal was to port that POTC feel into GoF 1.2 MOD.

Btw could you send me the sound files used in 0:03? It sounds like Johnny Depp shouting "HOLD UP"

You mean the gunner shout sound? It's from New Horizons mod. Of course I can send it to you.

@Foo Mxcah open your game directory (where you installed the game), and send me the files I tell you:
1. game directory/Program/SeaAI/shipbortfire.c (I need that file)
2. game directory/Resources/INI/aliases/sound_alias (I need that file also)

@Foo Mxcah

Follow these steps:
1. Replace the shipBortFire.c with the one that I attached here (make sure you keep backup of the original file)
2. Replace sound_alias.ini with the one that I attached here (make sure you keep backup of the original file)
3. Put the gunner_shout.wav file in the RESOURCE/Sounds/Interface folder (make sure you don't rename the file, it has to be gunner_shout)

Open the game and try firing cannons, then report back here if it works.

Attachments

• shipBortFire.c
    2 KB · Views: 270
  • sound_alias.ini
    50.8 KB · Views: 265
A short video showing the new sounds of the surrendered crew members. I replaced the old irritating sound. I'm not 100% satisfied with this one either, but at leaste it's a step forward.

Back