• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Gentlemen of Fortune 1.2 Maelstrom refined Mod

By the way, do you know how to change sea textures? I want to have one similar to potc's

I'm not sure if it's possible. I think POTC uses different sea texture system than COAS. I think @Pieter Boelen can give the right answer. I never tried to port it actually, but I have looked into POTC directory and saw that it doesn't have the Sea folder with .tga files in Resources.

I have tried to port POTC island textures to COAS. If I succeed, I will try to port the sea textures just to see how it looks like...
Alright! Damn, if only I had potc, the pirated version (see what i did there) does not work on my laptop, might wait for it as a christmas gift

I'm not sure if it's possible. I think POTC uses different sea texture system than COAS. I think @Pieter Boelen can give the right answer. I never tried to port it actually, but I have looked into POTC directory and saw that it doesn't have the Sea folder with .tga files in Resources.
I think some of the difference in water graphics between PotC and the later games isn't in the TGA.TX files, but related to the bump maps in the engine.
My suspicion is that this can not be ported between both games, but perhaps @ChezJfrey could confirm.

I have looked into POTC directory and saw that it doesn't have the Sea folder with .tga files in Resources.
You mean RESOURCE\Textures\WEATHER\SEA ?

Last edited:
@Mirsaneli Quick question, how can I change the contrast via the game settings? It has no effect no matter which setting I choose.

To be honest, I haven't played COAS on it's original engine for quite a while. If you cannot set it in the game's settings, try with your graphic card options.

@Foo Mxcah Here it is, the POTC sea textures in my GoF 1.2 modification:

RL48zo6.png

I will send you the files tomorrow. I spent more than 4 hours testing all this. It looks amazing, you will enjoy it :)
@Mirsaneli I'm sure I will! I have ALWAYS wanted to get my hands on PotC textures and port them over to CoAS, especially the lighting and backdrop.

I plan to mod my game so that it feels more PotC (Only PotC ships unless its a quest ship, only PotC music, as close as possible to PotC texture.) I'm currently using the Light Corvette (corvette from good ol potc back in 2003) and I love it, there's something about the old textures that just feels so good, wouldn't you agree?

@Mirsaneli I'm sure I will! I have ALWAYS wanted to get my hands on PotC textures and port them over to CoAS, especially the lighting and backdrop.

I plan to mod my game so that it feels more PotC (Only PotC ships unless its a quest ship, only PotC music, as close as possible to PotC texture.) I'm currently using the Light Corvette (corvette from good ol potc back in 2003) and I love it, there's something about the old textures that just feels so good, wouldn't you agree?

You are right, POTC sea textures really make the atmosphere much more eye pleasant. What you need to do now is to send me your whole Weather folder located in Program/Weather
Make a zip file of it using winrar or 7zip. You can upload the zip here, and then I will send you the correct files.

@Foo Mxcah there you go... Test it and report if it works...

Don't copy paste, instead delete the Weather folder in Program and copy the one from zip that I provided. Also in RESOURCE\Textures\Weather\SEA delete the SEA folder and put the one I provided.

Attachments

• SeaTextures-POTC.zip
    1,018.5 KB · Views: 195
Back