• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Gentlemen of Fortune 1.2 Maelstrom refined Mod

[Updated 22.01.2021]
- replaced stock island textures with new ones

I have been battling with game's original island textures for quite a whiled. The problem was I couldn't get good seamless textures for the islands. On the other hand, the game's textures system is pretty awkward regarding island textures. Here are some screenshots for comparison:

Buccaneer-s-0003.jpg

Buccaneer-s-0001.jpg

Buccaneer-s-0002.jpg

Buccaneer-s-0000.jpg

Buccaneer-s-0005.jpg

Buccaneer-s-0004.jpg
Buccaneer-s-0007.jpg

Buccaneer-s-0006.jpg

Buccaneer-s-0009.jpg

Buccaneer-s-0008.jpg

Very cool, but also quite green :D

Yes, unfortunately there is a texture called rockK5.tx that is at the same time texture for mountains and for sea cliffs in some islands (like Bermuda), and that gives me a lot of headache when trying to make a proper texture.

You can play, ufortunately the build that is available is from 2016. It needs to be updated to 2018 build. I tried to achieve that, but didn't have luck because some scripts need to be adapted to the Storm 2.8 engine. But the 2016 build plays just fine, though it has some small bugs. However, the graphics are amazing. Too bad that NH developers are not trying to port the mod to Maelstrom, it would be such a good thing.

Anyway, if you wanna try the mod, grab it at this link:
New Horizons by ChezJfrey (itch.io)

Just extract the mod in any folder and then extract the Malestrom (I use x64 bit version) in the sam folder and play the game.

Thank you very much for the link to "New Horizons by ChezJfrey (itch.io)" I'm looking forward to try it with good graphics.

If you want to translate it, go ahead, I will put the translation link in the thread :)

If I see any untranslated files or text from the new mod updates I'll translate them and pass them to you.

I tried downloading gof 1.2 plus the patch, it only moves the entire file to the game without changing it, I had to manually extract it and now it has a runtime error, is there a simpler way?

I tried downloading gof 1.2 plus the patch, it only moves the entire file to the game without changing it, I had to manually extract it and now it has a runtime error, is there a simpler way?

You mean you downloaded my GoF 1.2 modification? If so, just extract the folder anywhere in your hard drive, then you need to extract the Maelstrom engine into that same folder, and play the game.
Get the Maelstrom engine here if you haven't already: Gentlemen of Fortune: Maelstrom by ChezJfrey

Yeah I used that one, original AoP? Mine was from steam

It doesn't matter is it original or cracked, preferably original. Do the installation by this order that is provided on Moddb:
Install order:
1. Install a fresh copy of COAS
2. GoF! 1.2 Full Release (Link Above)
3. GoF! 1.2 Full Release Patch 1.0
4. Start CoAS and have fun.

Back