• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Gentlemen of Fortune 1.2 Maelstrom refined Mod

It doesn't matter is it original or cracked, preferably original. Do the installation by this order that is provided on Moddb:
Install order:
1. Install a fresh copy of COAS
2. GoF! 1.2 Full Release (Link Above)
3. GoF! 1.2 Full Release Patch 1.0
4. Start CoAS and have fun.

Just to add to that:
This is the link to the full release from item 2 on the list: https://www.moddb.com/mods/gentlemen-of-fortune/downloads/gentelmen-of-fortune-v12-full-release
And this is the link to the patch: https://www.moddb.com/mods/gentlemen-of-fortune/downloads/gof-12-full-release-patch

The runtime error that was mentioned might be due to the program used to unzip the files. I would suggest trying a different file compression program if it keeps happening. As far as I know, it should work as intended with WinRAR. You can extract the mod folder anywhere on your pc and then just copy the files into your game folder and overwrite the old files. If you have the Steam-version of COAS, the path to the game's main directory should be like this: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sea Dogs City of Abandoned Ships
This is the folder that you would need to copy the mod files into.

Last edited:
Just to add to that:
This is the link to the full release from item 2 on the list: https://www.moddb.com/mods/gentlemen-of-fortune/downloads/gentelmen-of-fortune-v12-full-release
And this is the link to the patch: https://www.moddb.com/mods/gentlemen-of-fortune/downloads/gof-12-full-release-patch

The runtime error that was mentioned might be due to the program used to unzip the files. I would suggest trying a different file compression program if it keeps happening. As far as I know, it should work as intended with WinRAR. You can extract the mod folder anywhere on your pc and then just copy the files into your game folder and overwrite the old files. If you have the Steam-version of COAS, the path to the game's main directory should be like this: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sea Dogs City of Abandoned Ships
This is the folder that you would need to copy the mod files into.
Thank you for the info, I shall try it out later

New island textures (based on real Caribbean islands)

Buccaneer-s-0008.jpg

Buccaneer-s-0009.jpg

Buccaneer-s-0011.jpg

Buccaneer-s-0012.jpg

Buccaneer-s-0013.jpg

Buccaneer-s-0014.jpg

Buccaneer-s-0015.jpg

Buccaneer-s-0016.jpg

Buccaneer-s-0017.jpg

Buccaneer-s-0018.jpg

Buccaneer-s-0019.jpg

Buccaneer-s-0020.jpg

Buccaneer-s-0021.jpg

Buccaneer-s-0022.jpg

Nice! I will be working on the assassin fixes during the Chinese New Year break. What I can fix is:
Ship generated (Jackdaw, 50 gunned brig but we will leave it at 16-24)
Profile picture (Though I will need a guide on that, I'm not sure how the picture files work)

As for the character, what needs changing is the whatever below the head (hood is fine), so it would be a leather vest over a blue-white tailcoat and white pants. I fear my laptop is not available in that area until I find a way.

Refined Mod + Assassin Fixes
-Changed Edward's description
-Given Edward naval light brig as "Jackdaw"
-Given Hornblower Lydia

Pending: Character model and portrait change for Edward. A perfect model for Edward would be to add the Animist hood on top of Jeremy Pitt's model and give the final merge long sleeves.

CAS Game 15_2_2021 12_16_26 PM.png
CAS Game 15_2_2021 12_18_45 PM.png

Refined Mod + Assassin Fixes
-Changed Edward's description
-Given Edward naval light brig as "Jackdaw"
-Given Hornblower Lydia

Pending: Character model and portrait change for Edward. A perfect model for Edward would be to add the Animist hood on top of Jeremy Pitt's model and give the final merge long sleeves.

View attachment 38288 View attachment 38289

Looking nice. For the model, check out corsair-harbour.ru, maybe you can find something interesting there...

Is there a way to translate the page, I don't understand the lingo

If you are using Google Chrome, just right click anywhere on the page and select translate to *your language*.

It seems its getiing more and more difficult to hire companion captains in this mod...is there a way to boost the chances of them saying "I like your offer" or basically agreeing?
CAS Game 10_3_2021 6_40_38 PM.png

Back