• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentlemen Of Fortune 2.0

//Barque - demasted, no problems

While I agree with Luke that trading is way too profitable in vanilla and it had to be debuffed, I think you overdid it. With realistic weights and prices trading is not worth doing any more (even with high trading skills and perks) since merchant missions are MUCH more profitable. Moreover there are only few goods worth trading anyway (in vanilla too) like copper, ebony, sandallwood and few others. And strangely gold is virtually NEVER worth trading.
Is it possible to add some kind of events when certain kind of good is exceptionally needed in certain colony?? Making price of that good very high for period of time making trading extremely good deal. But player would have to get info about that kind of event (from tavern keeper or merchant) moreover, he would have to buy and deliver good before prices fall to normal level again.
I think it would be nice addition to the game and other goods would be worth trading. Also merchant mission are too profitable, with cargo hold of 7500 units I can get up to 50k pieces of eight in single run. It's too much I think.

Yeah i should have lowered them a little at a time till i got the disired effect, up till now i have only been doing merchant quests (which i agree are far to profitable, and if i can figure out how to lower the money you get, i will). I have now increased the prices for realistic costs so that the goods are worth more and in turn will be more profitable. It doesn't require a new game, hit the re-init button to update your game to the new prices. Install to "Program\STORE" and over write when asked.

Attachments

• initGoods.c
    53.5 KB · Views: 94
I've noticed minor bug with ship surrender. Sometimes when I board ship which has surrendered, crew is
frightened and doesn't fight but I can't skip the fight and capture the ship. I have to kill the crew despite they don't fight back, same with captain.

Agreed. The capture surrendered ship function is bugged. Sometimes it works for me and sometimes not. Once it worked perfectly, once the surrendered crew still fought, and this last time the crew and captain cowered but I still had to kill them to continue.

Also, I watched a pinnace (pinnace1) get dismasted. When the foremast and main mast fell all was well, but when the mizzen mast fell the game CTD'ed.

Ii will look into this and make sure that none of the coding was missed when it was ported over from GOF 1.2.

I've noticed minor bug with ship surrender. Sometimes when I board ship which has surrendered, crew is
frightened and doesn't fight but I can't skip the fight and capture the ship. I have to kill the crew despite they don't fight back, same with captain.
the same thing happened to me just yesterday. I took the quest to find the double-barreled musketon and after I spoke to the pirate - chief on Bermuda I encoutered a pirate ship on the world map (description said it was "gentleman of fortune") I thought it was the ship I was suppossed to track down but it wasn't the "arrow" just some other pirate ship and after I boarded them everyone was covering in fear but I couldn't proceed to the capitan so I had to slaughter them all and after that I could go to see the boss and the same thing happened there...

About the food rations - it works fine, I just always hired so few new crew members that it never showed any change in the "food for x days" indicator...

//Heavy Galeoth = demasted and sunk. no ctd

i didn't notice that bug with surrender so far

but i noticed smthin else here...
coas22.jpg

i captured this ship and looted everything from it except 20 food. then i sailed off and got into another battle. after that i noticed this... how did those 2 goods appear in there? can the companion unload them from the guns or smthin?

and the officers don't use bullets for their pistols?
also if ur a pirate you don't get the "go to" option in towns other then pirate towns?

Now it happens every time I try capture surrendered ship. Moreover, when start killing crew musketmans start shooting at me. Another thing: sometimes when ship rise white flag it's neutral to me, but other AI continue to shoot at it. What's moire it prevent me from fast travel or leaving battle. I have to sink it (loosing my reputation) or capture.
It looks like surrender function it's still too bugged to play.

//Heavy Galeoth = demasted and sunk. no ctd

i didn't notice that bug with surrender so far

but i noticed smthin else here...
coas22.jpg

i captured this ship and looted everything from it except 20 food. then i sailed off and got into another battle. after that i noticed this... how did those 2 goods appear in there? can the companion unload them from the guns or smthin?

and the officers don't use bullets for their pistols?
also if ur a pirate you don't get the "go to" option in towns other then pirate towns?

Yes its not a bug the goods been put in ships like that, it wasn't done by the mod team. Its something that was done by the developers.

Now it happens every time I try capture surrendered ship. Moreover, when start killing crew musketmans start shooting at me. Another thing: sometimes when ship rise white flag it's neutral to me, but other AI continue to shoot at it. What's moire it prevent me from fast travel or leaving battle. I have to sink it (loosing my reputation) or capture.
It looks like surrender function it's still too bugged to play.

I will have to upload the latest work for the patch, i still haven't had any problems with the surrender feature, so maybe when i was fixing other things i fixed the surrender feature (i hope).

Links removed as all current work for patches already included in new full base mod, and don't want people messing up there game through confussion, as would most likely have been the case. New patches that are released will have links posted here (for now no patches exists).

so...in order to get the surrender fix you were talking about I need to download this 2.2 GB file?

Sadly yes because i wasn't going to release any more patches, so i compiled all fixes into GOF 2.0 full mod 2.01 (i know that was not the cleverest of things to do):facepalm but it seemed the right way at the time because of no more patches. Sorry bud, as for surrender been fixed, all i can say is i haven't experienced the problems been reported yet. That hwoever doesn't mean the the surrender feature is fixed, but if you wish to try it out then you'll have to download the full mod.

although not necessary it was nice of you to include my nik in the patch notes but.. its Darth not Dearth :p

what happens to save compatibility from 2.0.4?

No you made those changes so you get credited for doing them, sorry for spelling your name wrong. I will fix that for the next full mod update (that won't be for a long time now though). But i will fix it for the patches, till then.:onya

I have continued my game with the use of the re-init function and although not everything is updated in that savegame i can still play without issue. But i have played the game on a new save aswell.

No you made those changes so you get credited for doing them, sorry for spelling your name wrong. I will fix that for the next full mod update (that won't be for a long time now though). But i will fix it for the patches, till then.:onya

I have continued my game with the use of the re-init function and although not everything is updated in that savegame i can still play without issue. But i have played the game on a new save aswell.

that will have to do for now then. cant start over if we wanna get this demasting business done

on your next full revision don't forget to take a look at those textures.. or at least one of the modellers here should coz some files are different from 1.2 and u forgot to replace the ArabellaShip.tga.tx again. also i don't see whats the use of the Ships\ArabellaShip folder since the games uses the textures from Ships\ArabellaShip1 for that model

btw u could just name the mod file Gentlemen Of Fortune 2.0.5 Full Mod Beta.exe
else ppl might think u reverted to 2.0.1 ;)

EDIT: ok i get it now.. u were trying to add thumbnails for the ships. unfortunately in doing so in the case of the Arabella u ended up replacing the model texture coz u prolly thought all ship textures were in Textures\Ships

I don't know if Arabellaship and Arabellaship1 are different models are what, but Arabella textures and model folder will never be accessed by the game because it must have a 1 at the end of its name before the game reads it. All i can think is when Craiggo was working on the ship models he removed the 1 from the version he was going to make changes to so he could test his changes out and most likely did this to all the ships he worked with. On the Arabellaship model and textures folders wasn't deleted after he had finished testing and was happy with the changes.:shrug

Yeah i didn't think that ship textures was any where else other than the ship folders "Hull 1, 2 and 3". I know some texture files are in "Resource/Textures" but i figured deck1, wood1 etc are the textures all models use and these ones could be left out of the main hull folders since every ship uses them (same way as in POTC). Personally i would have liked the textures to have been done as follows. "Resources/Textures/Hull 1, 2, 3, 4 etc". Then "Hull 1" could have had textures for say the "Dutch" faction and the "Hull 2" folder for the "Spanish" faction etc. This way you wouldn't have duplicates of the same texture for and of the hull folders and this in its self would drastically cut the size of the mod down drastically. But more importantly it would have given each faction their own textures, a shame this was never done that way because it would have been so much easier.

well the reason that texture is in "RESOURCE\Textures" its coz the model of the docked Arabella is in "MODELS\Locations\Town_Barbados\Town". it doesn't even use the frigate hull like the real ship. its a neptune or smthin

hmm.. so u would have then in Hull 1 folders for every ship and then in Hull 2 the same and so on. that's kinda the same thing :D

but where's the code that chooses between the hull textures?

Uh, rookie question. How do you make the call for which hull to use? Like if you want 3 versions of a ship and you put different hull textures in the hull1,2,3 folders, how does the game call them?

@ Darth
That would explain it (see i got your name correct this time).:razz

@ Hylie Pistof
I think its hardcoded, so you would need to look in the source code. I could be wrong though.

Back