• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentlemen Of Fortune 2.0

lol man try to edit one post instead of makein all of those

anyway imma try and see if the pinnace crashes on me too

if ur suspecting the surrender code to also cause crashes i guess we should also try to board the ships
in 1.2 i noticed the crashes happenin when my ship was close to a demasted ship

Well that was a lot of ships tested, nice work guy's.

I loaded my save game and demasted 2 Pinnaces in the same battle without any problems, i also demasted 23 Brig's in that very same battle (AI should learn not to follow you into the pirate settlement because those rocks will break ships easil). Once the rocks had done there jobs i simply finished them off at a safe distance (i was in a Schooner with 97 crew, so i had no chance in boarding them) Well the Brig's i did as long as i took most of their crew out which i did and boarded each one before snking them.

If anyone experienced boarding problems let me know because i might have a fix for it, if it works (doesn't require a new game either) then that (i hope) fixed the surrender feature fully.

One thing crossed my mind since GoF aims for more realistic gameplay: it doesn't seem much real when you use "go to" or "sail to" feature and you instantly "teleport" to wherever you selected...would it be possible to move time forward everytime the player uses this? Let's say +5 minutes for moving around cities and + 2 hours for "sail to"?

and one technical thing: It happened to me that in some cave I summoned skeletons and they were quite though and I died like 20 times before I killed them all :facepalm and watching every time how my character goes down and then watching that stupid picture of a skull in a sand just sucks...I quess every player wants to give it another shot as soon as possible, not to watch some picture all over again. So would it be possible to enable to open "Main menu" after you die? So when your life drops to zero, you could just open the menu and load the game instead of watching your dead character and waiting for the game until it runs to the main menu it self?

Sorry i'm not a coder so i wouldn't know how to do that.

As for the menu screen after death, that might be possible. I'm sure it was done already in the past so i will look to see if it was possible and how it was done.

Hi,
1. Is it possible to force forts to using bombs instead of balls. Currently they can hardly sink any ship, instead they wipe out crew.

2. Don't you think that sailing skill should increase at slower rate (including port controller missions) therefore it would took more time for player to take bigger ships?? Sailing skills of officer to hire should be lower as well.

1. In the vanilla game the forts was set to use bombs and they would kill your crew so fast, the reason the forts shot types was changed is because its historically incorrect and forts alway's fire balls. Setting the forts to use bombs again would lead to your crew been killed even faster now, i have seen a forts take out a few ships and in testing for the forts (a long time ago) i used 4 MOW's and i lost 2 of them trying to take out a fort.:eek:

2. When your start a game you can set the experience slider from left to right, sliding it over to the far left will mean you gain skills at a much slower rate and reliy on your offers skills rather than your own. I alway's play with the slider set as far left as it will go (in less in test games like this one i'm playing now). But in main games i set the game as hard as i can and use all realistic settings, as for ships been encountered i have changed it for realistic ship encounters so that you will not find the bigger ships so easily and changed the amount of ships that will show up in each group. The changes are working perfectly, i hardly ever see ships above class 5 in naval battles, where as before i was starting to see class 3 ships already. My character is rank 19, i have seen large ships in the harbours, but in naval battles its mostly been class 5, 6 and sometimes class 7 ships.

If you want i can upload the encounters changes for you? all you need to do is run the reinit button after loading your savegame.

I just got the English cuirass, bought it but then was not allowed to equip it. This is odd because in an earlier version of GOF2 I bought one and was allowed to equip it. Is this intentional?

Also, I finally bought a new ship and got out of the Ketch with the high camera bug.
It is the Hannah1 and it is a joy to finally see the ship I'm sailing. :keith But I noticed that the gaffs face the wrong way. I remembered fixing them in POTC, and sure enough, the parts worked and now they face the right way in the wind. Does it matter which ship gets demasted? I mean would getting your own ship dismasted crash the game?

Not sure bud why you can't equipe the English cuirass, did you have the perk which you need before you can ware any armour?

Nope in GOF 1.2 it didn't matter if the ship was yours or was an AI ship. If the ship had the demasting bug, and all or some masts fell the game would crash.

I'm level 20 and i'm still sailing my starting ship "Schooner" haven't come across a ship better than her yet. I'm now contemplating wethher or not to do some upgrades at the pirate shipyard, although i don't have the money for huge investments, i hope to be able to get the crew upgrade done (don't really need the sail upgrade because the Schooner is very good against the wind, so i can easily escape if i need to). The Cargo upgrade is the second one i would want to do and then the calibure upgrade (16Ibs culverines mounted wold be a formidable class 5 ship). Not sure if i would do the hull upgrade or not, or if it would be worth it in the long run. But i'm in a dream world at the moment because i might not even have enough money for the crew upgrade.

2. When your start a game you can set the experience slider from left to right, sliding it over to the far left will mean you gain skills at a much slower rate and reliy on your offers skills rather than your own. I alway's play with the slider set as far left as it will go (in less in test games like this one i'm playing now).
I'm perfectly aware of that and I also play with slider move to the left. But I wasn't talking about encounter system but ability to effective using ships of higher classes which is connected with sailing skill. And what I mean it should take longer time for player to use bigger ship.

BTW. Does reinint function works on all variables??

The slider doesn't effect effect the encounters it effects the rate at which you gain experience, the check boxes effect the encounters. If i can figure out how that is doen and change the rate at which you gain experience then it can be changed, but no one has ever said anything about that in the past so we never looked into it. I will put it on the list of things to do after all ships have been tested and in cluded it (if i can figure it out) in a future patch.

No sadly the re-init function only works for some files, so adding/ removing ships for example would mess up any savegame. I believe the changes would take place but because of one file ships.H not been updated by the re-init the imagies are become messaed for all ships from the one you added down. But for the average changes or most common place for changes, they work with the re-init function.

Code:
 #include "STORE\initGoods.c"
#include "ITEMS\initItems.c"
#include "CANNONS\Cannons_init.c"
#include "characters\Characters_tables.c"
#include "Ships\Ships_init.c"
#include "Ships\Sails_init.c"
#include "Weather\WhrInit.c"
#include "encounters\Encounters_init.c"
#include "STORE\store_init.c"
#include "nations\nations_init.c"
#include "Locations\locations_init.c"
#include "colonies\Colonies_init.c"
#include "INTERFACE\perks\perks_init.c"
//#include "Quests\quests.c"
//#include "islands\Islands_init.c"
//#include "WorldMap\worldmap_init.c"

//#include "INTERFACE\shipyard.c"
//#include "scripts\ShipsUtilites.c"

All enteries with "//" are currently not active and on till a coder works on this those will remain inactive. Hopefully some time soon a coder will be interested to help fix bugs and improve the way some features work.

The slider doesn't effect effect the encounters it effects the rate at which you gain experience, the check boxes effect the encounters. If i can figure out how that is doen and change the rate at which you gain experience then it can be changed, but no one has ever said anything about that in the past so we never looked into it. I will put it on the list of things to do after all ships have been tested and in cluded it (if i can figure it out) in a future patch.
I just think that sailing skills increases too fast (even with exprerience slider move to the left), especially with harbor controller lost-logbook missions one one can gain sailing skill pretty quick.

Code:
 #include "STORE\initGoods.c"#include "ITEMS\initItems.c"
#include "CANNONS\Cannons_init.c"
#include "characters\Characters_tables.c"
#include "Ships\Ships_init.c"
#include "Ships\Sails_init.c"
#include "Weather\WhrInit.c"
#include "encounters\Encounters_init.c"
#include "STORE\store_init.c"
#include "nations\nations_init.c"
#include "Locations\locations_init.c"
#include "colonies\Colonies_init.c"
#include "INTERFACE\perks\perks_init.c"
//#include "Quests\quests.c"
//#include "islands\Islands_init.c"
//#include "WorldMap\worldmap_init.c"

//#include "INTERFACE\shipyard.c"
//#include "scripts\ShipsUtilites.c"

That list covers my needs.

When i setup my main games i alway's lower the tallent skill from what ever it starts at (Red Leg Greaves is 5) to 3, this helps lower the rate at which you gain experience aswell.

Cool, hopefully what you are going to do works out.:onya

How to put new music into the game?? I've got some collection of baroque music which I think could be nice addition to the game.

Perks? o_O I just made level 5. When does one start getting perky? :woot

Ok, I guess it's time to go commit suicide. :nerbz I hope its ok because it looks awful with the spankers facing the wrong way.

I just got another ship, the Neptunus. It's one of my favoritest ships,but I see it is the original version with the control ropes going through the middle of sails and yards with no braces at all. All of that was repaired last year, so I will upgrade this one too.
Also, there is an early version of the Neptunus. It is the same except for having a bent bowsprit and lateen instead of the straight bowsprit and spanker.

Why does the crew get killed so easy? I picked up the Neptunus after a fort worked it over a bit and while the sails were bad, the hull was ok. And it only had one crew member left, which made it easy for my 19 member crew.
Then I got overconfident and took on a brigantine. During the boarding I had 6 or so on me and only lasted a few seconds. :duel:

@ Hyde911
Not sure bud, never added music myself. Officerpuppy and Modernknight was the ones who did all that, maybe they can explain how to do it.

@ Hylie Pistof
This was why the crew was made so hard to kill in RTBL originally but people wanted it to be easier, thats why Jonathan then put in a inbetween setting that had higher settings than RTBL but lower than the vanilla ones. Which setting are you playing with for realistic cannon damage, realistic, inbetween or COAS default?

i have seen a forts take out a few ships and in testing for the forts (a long time ago) i used 4 MOW's and i lost 2 of them trying to take out a fort.:eek:
They are called 'forts' for some reason. I'd rather have overpowered forts than underpowered. In my game I increased 92lbs cannon (which are used only by forts) damage multiplier by 25% and decreased cannonballs crew damage to 0.1 (from 0.15). Now finally I can see ships sunk by forts.

Perks? o_O I just made level 5. When does one start getting perky? :woot

i have made an intricate diagram to explain this complex process:

coas21.jpg

each time one of ur personal skills increases by 1 it adds that point towards the next level required to gain 1 perk point.
when it reaches 35/35 in the ->Next exp. u will gain one perk point which u can then use to get basic def and then adv def and finally Cuirass so u can equip the item

Which setting are you playing with for realistic cannon damage, realistic, inbetween or COAS default?

i used realistic too and found out it kills crew way too fast for my taste. in GOF1.2 i used inbetween and it seemed ok
now i tried to set it to COAS default but it didnt seem to make much difference.. do i need to Reinit?

Back