• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentlemen Of Fortune 2.0

Is this the patch v1.1 in your first post?

I get to play three different pirate games now? I will get sooo lost....

Hello. First of all i wanted to thank you for this great mod, and if you don't mind i would like to ask few questions.

1. After excreting GOF 2.0 Full Mod Patch 1.1.rar i noticed a folder GOF 2.0 Full Mod Patch 1.0 is that correct or is the download link is broken?
2. How to turn on/off RTBL. I don't see that option in Mods menu.
3. Does the boarding bug still occur?

Your welcome bud.;)

As far as I'm aware there is no boarding bug any more.
Yes its a mistake on my part, it should say GOF 1.1. When you install the patch it will say at the bottom right of the game menu GOF 2.1.
To turn RTBL and other features on or off, go into options bottom right there is a tab called mods, go into there and you will see all the features you can turn on and off. RTBL, realistic weights, prices, weather, spy glass, compass etc etc.

Problem is that i didn't saw that option (realistic weights, prices, weather, etc was there) and i think i know what the problem is. Every time i try to download GOF 2.0 Full Release.exe it has different size (once it was 1,3GB than 2,2 GB) etc. Probably at some point my browser stop downloading it but don't give me error message. What is correct full size for GOF files (full release exe and patch) . If i will know then i could try to download it until i will get full file:)

Weird, start downloading it before you go to sleep and leave it downloading through the night. The full size is 2.27GB's but its an exe so it should only run once its all downloaded. When you run the exe are you making sure the path you give is to the game directory? you could create a folder on the desk top and extract the mod into there and then manually move the folders over to the game directory which is what you have to do for the patch.

Well, my old GOF2 install no longer works so I'm starting over clean. I installed the stock COAS and play tested it, and it works fine. Then installed GOF 2.0 Full Release and play tested it and all is well.

Now in my GOF2 stuff folder there is a Patch 2.0.8 folder. Should I install that too or just the GOF 2.0 Full Mod Patch 1.1?

Sorry to hear that, had the same thing happen with a game I sometimes play (The Guild 2 Renaissance) so had to reinstall that. Currently working on patch 1.2 now.

No install GOF 2 full mod and then the patch.

Current work on patch 2.1 (not released yet).
///////Change Log:
* Fixed left over code from sail colour upgrade (now fully removed) tested and all upgrades work as they should.
* Damage reductions for RTBL, crew are harder to kill, sail damage is reduced as is hull damage.
* Ship HP value's modified, trade ships like the Galleon, Flute etc have had their HP value lowered making them more vunrable in battle while large ships like the Battleship, MOW's etc have had their HP value's increased making them more difficult and a bigger threat.
* Cost for sleeping at the tavern increased slightly.
* 7 Character skill points added.
* Leather and Sandlewood added as starting goods aboard your ship.
* Fixed maximum sail crew (in short this is the maximum amount of crew needed to reach full speed of the ship).
* Fixed crew sizes, due to the sailing crew fix all ships crew sizes have been checked and redone to account for the sailing crew changes.
* Fixed some ships gunners and cannon crew value's was a little off.
* Fixed RTBL value's for all ships (value's for RTBL and COAS default was the wrong way around).
* Cannon and Culverin prices reduced.
* More characters gives specific starting ships and money.
* Ships sorted so they appear in all files in the same order as each other.
* Replaced the crosshair with a new one.
* Replaced the deck of cards and books with HD imagies.
* New compass so you can see wind direction but no radar (realistic compass remains the same as it was in previous version).

Got it. Started a new game last night and it works fine. Now to update.

EDIT: It won't start for me. It says "solidshield - unkown module".

Last edited:
That's weird because as I was adding things I was testing them, new textures etc was tested and then added into the patch. Try installing GOF full mod 2.0 and then patch 1.2 (try doing it like this without uninstalling the game) reason is because the modified files are only from GOF2 and its patches correct?

Update:
Just compared all the files from the patch to those in my test install folder which is the version I'm working from and fully works. The files are exactly the same as what I have installed and my game runs with no problems.

Last edited:
No joy. What I did: Yesterday installed stock COAS, GOF 2.0, patch 1.1 and it ran. Today installed patch 1.2 and no joy. Then just now installed GOF 2.0, then patch 1.2 and no joy. Same message. :shrug

Should I start over with a new clean install?

Yeah then after installing GOF 2.0 backup the files from the game directory that the patch will over write and install the patch. Only install patch 1.2 as patch 1.1's contents are included already. I honestly can't see what the problem is though, I have again double checked the files and they are the same as the ones I'm using so its not something I forgot to include in the patch.

I will also do a fresh install and install GOF 2.0 and the patch 1.2 and see what happens. First I have to go out though, so it won't be till later tonight that I can post the results.;(

Last edited:
Ok, a clean install got it running. Somehow something in patch 1.1 was messing things up. I played the intro to Peter Blood, and the whole fight scene, while confusing, ended up working well. The key did not appear until after the soldier attacked me.

EDIT: I spoke too soon. I just tried to start GOF2 again and got that error message again.

Last edited:
Installed GOF 2.0 followed by patch 1.2 and all works as intended, saved the game closed game down an loaded it and it worked without any problems. Loaded save game and continued to play for a few minutes before saving again and exiting the game. Not sure why the game is been fussy with you Hylie Pistof but its certainly not the patch, maybe its the new textures, I can send you the backed up ones from GOF 2.0 if you wish?

Lol, I'm thinking the crashing must be related to the textures. But I don't know why, bellow is the backup textures that was used in patch 1.2 (these textures though are from GOF 2.0 and the patch 1.1) if your game works fine with these in then I will have to avoid using the new textures or try finding which one(s) cause the game to stop working (which will be hard for me because the game starts first time every time).

http://piratesahoy.bowengames.com/COAS/GOF 2/GOF 2.0 Patch 1.2 Backup Files.7z

I don't think I've ever heard of textures crashing any of these games. :shock

I don't think I've ever heard of textures crashing any of these games. :shock

I know which is why I can't understand the reason behind the crashing. Maybe the logs will show something if Hylie Pistof uploads them, but what I don't understand is why the game ran fine after installing COAS fresh with the new patch and then upon starting the game again it crashed and continued to crash. There's no explanation as far as the patch goes for it to be doing this. Could his anti virus be causing problems, could the textures be to taxing for his rig. Is the game with the mod installed into the main directory as its very unstable doing it that way. I don't know the answer to any of these questions other than when I tested the patch with a fresh install everything ran as it should.

Back