• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentlemen Of Fortune 2.0

Yeah the character thing is quite cool, i just love the skin of spanish soldiers and officiers ;)
Okay can i change the book thing back to improvements through statues?

like the Caxcoxtli statuette, or the blue-crystall-head.

Also i have the problem that my ships flag is always the english flag, even if i started as a spain o_O

Oh, I never played vanilla COAS.

Eh? Lessee, first you pick your character and then you pick things like nationality. This has always worked for me. :shrug

Hello I have a problem installing the G.O.F 2 mod. I used to play this game before but never had any problems with it. So after a long time I installed COAS again and it worked fine but after I extracted the files with 7zip to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Playlogic\Age of Pirates 2", where I installed the game, the game just starts up as the vanilla version and I don't know what I've done wrong.

It would be amazing if someone could help me out on this.

Did you only extracted the 7z file? That's not enough..

/////Installation:
1. Install a fresh copy of COAS.
2. Download and install Gentlemen Of Fortune 2.0 Full Mod ( requires 7zip and is a self installing file, just guid the installer to where you installed COAS.)
3. If any patches download and extracrt them, copy the files and folders from within the patch folder and paste them into the directory you installed GOF 2.0, when asked if you wish to overwrite say yes, if you do not see this message then start again as you have done it wrong.
4. start game and have fun.

/////Link To GOF 2.0 Full Mod Please make sure you read the install directions above.
http://piratesahoy.bowengames.com/COAS/GOF 2/GOF 2.0 Full Release.exe

/////Link To GOF 2.0 Full Mod Patch V1.3 Please make sure you read the install directions above.
http://piratesahoy.bowengames.com/COAS/GOF 2/GOF 2.0 Full Mod Patch 1.3.7z

/////Link To GOF 2.0 Full Mod Patch V1.4 Beta V1
http://piratesahoy.bowengames.com/COAS/GOF 2/GOF 2.0 Full Mod Patch 1.4 Beta V1.7z

Known Bugs:
* AI reloading faster than you (needs testing, but this is also dependent on game difficulty as I believe the AI get bonuses for each level of difficulty).

You need the full release exe, too.

Did you only extracted the 7z file? That's not enough..

You need the full release exe, too.

I installed a fresh copy of COAS and after that I open the mod with 7zip and extract it to C:\Program Files (x86)\Playlogic\Age of Pirates 2, It asks me overwrite the files and I clicked yes to all. I have done the same for both the patches. after it is finished I started up COAS again but then it still starts up as the vanilla game. What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:
Does anyone else know what it can be? I have installed a fresh copy of COAS and have downloaded the mod and patches but nothing happen after I extract the mod and the patches to the location where my game is installed.

:ahoy

You broke RULE NUMBER ONE. :facepalm

Never ever under and circumstances do you ever install anything into "program files"!!!!!!

Windows security will block it from working as you might have noticed. :wp

Move your COAS folder somewhere else and it should work fine. Try moving it to C:\ Age of Pirates 2.:onya

:ahoy

You broke RULE NUMBER ONE. :facepalm

Never ever under and circumstances do you ever install anything into "program files"!!!!!!

Windows security will block it from working as you might have noticed. :wp

Move your COAS folder somewhere else and it should work fine. Try moving it to C:\ Age of Pirates 2.:onya

Thank you very much for the quick response and that was indeed the problem, it's working now! :)

hey i just found out about this mod, initially tought 1.2 GOF was the most recent one :ship
btw, where do I report bugs?

Hello. I have one problem playing this mode. In game when i save my custom seting my vertical mouse stop working. I only can look up and down with mouse but not left and right. Help please. Thanks!

Hello. I have one problem playing this mode. In game when i save my custom seting my vertical mouse stop working. I only can look up and down with mouse but not left and right. Help please. Thanks!

Simple fix, at the games main menu change all button configs to what ever you like and save then load your game up (must be at main menu not in game) and if your mouse is still playing up go into options configuration and set it to default. This should keep your settings and fix the mouse issue your having.

Hello, i just recently found coas and the mod gof 1.2 (from moddb) and i have to say that i love it, but i ran into a huge bug, once big ships hit the sea and start firing, after a couple salvos, the game crashes, every single time.
Is there a fix for this on 1.2?
If not, is it working ok in 2.0?

Thank you

Back