• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentlemen Of Fortune 2.0

I have a massive problem downloading the version 2.0. It stops at 0.4 GB sometimes earlier. Is there an alternative link available? Why not at moddb?

Last edited:
DLing now at 452kb/s.

Dunno why its not on MODDB.

EDIT: 28 minutes later and it is still going with 860mb DLed.

EDIT2: It finished a few minutes ago. Took about 1 hour 45 minutes.

Last edited:
just trying again no chance to download it :( I have a 15 MB/s download internet and have no troubles elsewhere example steam , no idea whats going on here maybe someone could upload it to moddb

uGet is a fairly good one, and it is open source. You can get it from Sourceforge, or from their web page HERE!

Chrome is likely to fail during the download. I downloaded 2 out of the 2.5GBs (finnaly I downloaded and installed this mod! sad that there are few Frenchmen there... and somehow the cutscene wouldn't show up, after I got massacred on Commodore difficulty and went down to Sailor :p ) and then the download stopped and Chrome said it was finished. Tried it with Internet Explorer and it downloaded just fine. Firefox should work aswell.

Thx guys got it, question tho, I see the weather, i.e. the clouds in this mod seems to show up as blocks moving and not as real clouds, as in the GoF_1.2_Full_Release_Version_1.0.7z and its patch.
Any reason why?
I'm using win 7 ultimate OS.

I do not know why the clouds look like that either. :shrug

Look on the first post of this thread. My install uses the GOF2 Full Release and the Mod Patch 1.4 Beta V1. I do not know what 1.3 does.

yes, I have installed GOF2 and Patch 1.4 Beta V1

but in comments, in this article I found linn for GOF 2.0.4
and this is the reason of my question

Well, as I remember it GOF2 used patches up to 2.0.9 and then there was a break. Next came patch 1.3 and then 1.4 beta. Now there is another break.

I have downloaded and installed GoF 2, patch 1.3 and 1.4 (Beta).

Can somebody help me to get the original compass back which displays the enemy ship and wind "arrow" like normal back.

The new one looks great but the info removed from the compass have you not knowing when to fire the cannons, i.e. cannot determine the range of the enemy or when yer cannons are ready to be fired.

I like to play in the 3rd person view more.

In the mod it states that you can either use the new compass or revert back to the CoAS default, but it does not happen.

Thx in advance

Hi everybody)
where i can get GOF patches 2.0.1, 2.0.2., .....2.0.9?

Yep can someone pls put all the different mods up in their relative order, as it seems the GoF 1.0 and 1.1 does not go with the GoF 2 one and so on, same as with the eras mod does it go together or not.

also which mods can be combined or not

I did and it still does not revert back to the "old" or normal compass, therefore me asking about it, might be something with the code that's not working or a setting or its missing all together ?

Can somebody help or explain why the music sometimes disappears, like I'll have music playing and then its gone? Have I done something wrong with the install of the music files ?

Also should there be music playing while traveling on the global map or nor not? Then the music is sometimes very soft or very loud ?

I have extracted the full music mod of Modern Knight using 7 zip (the extended music mod v1.0), might have done some thing wrong not sure?

Back