• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentlemen Of Fortune 2.0

Unfortunately, there hasn't been much activity on this game in quite some time.
There's still the ERAS2 development at Buccaneer's Reef.

I occasionally think about working on the mod, but frankly New Horizons is so far beyond GoF that I don't know that it would be worth the effort.
You'd be welcome to join the PotC gang, of course!

There is the refined mod by @Mirsaneli , I've tried it out and I honestly prefer it over the original 2.0!
Which one is that...?

EDIT: Glancing through your post history, I see you've got a version of 1.2 that you shared elsewhere. I'll take a look. I've found myself quite frustrated with the state of 2.x and overwhelmed by the amount of work it would seemingly take to make it acceptable. Perhaps your improved 1.2 might be a better jumping-off point.

Thanks for the kind words. I have put a lot of effort into that mod.
I've been away for some time, and I genuinely have no idea what mod this is. From your posts in the private conversations I'm aware that you've done some work with Maelstrom. Is it attached to that project?

Last edited:
EDIT: Glancing through your post history, I see you've got a version of 1.2 that you shared elsewhere. I'll take a look. I've found myself quite frustrated with the state of 2.x and overwhelmed by the amount of work it would seemingly take to make it acceptable. Perhaps your improved 1.2 might be a better jumping-off point.

I've been away for some time, and I genuinely have no idea what mod this is. From your posts in the private conversations I'm aware that you've done some work with Maelstrom. Is it attached to that project?

I made two versions: one for the ordinary Storm 2.8 engine. The other is for Maelstrom because I primary work with Maelstrom.

I made two versions: one for the ordinary Storm 2.8 engine. The other is for Maelstrom because I primary work with Maelstrom.
So is the GoF 1.2 on itch your work? I've given some consideration to buying Maelstrom and working on that version, but while the engine is clearly excellent work I'm not sure whether working on that version of the mod or the storm 2.8 version would be more appropriate/better for the community. Also it is fairly weird seeing someone else selling my code.

So is the GoF 1.2 on itch your work? I've given some consideration to buying Maelstrom and working on that version, but while the engine is clearly excellent work I'm not sure whether working on that version of the mod or the storm 2.8 version would be more appropriate/better for the community. Also it is fairly weird seeing someone else selling my code.

The price tag on all of the mods is exactly zero $0.

My GoF 1.2 is itch version made by this guy who replied to you (@ChezJfrey ). To be more precise, the mod is made by PA! community. He just adopted the mod to his Maelstrom engine. Then, I made a refined version by putting a bunch of stuff that made the mod graphically look different. And yes, all the mods are free to download, except for the engine which is Jeffrey's work.

The price tag on all of the mods is exactly zero $0.
You're right, of course. I did not read the product page thoroughly enough. I was thrown off by the download page for the engine being titled Gentlemen of Fortune. My apologies.

My GoF 1.2 is itch version made by this guy who replied to you (@ChezJfrey ). To be more precise, the mod is made by PA! community. He just adopted the mod to his Maelstrom engine. Then, I made a refined version by putting a bunch of stuff that made the mod graphically look different. And yes, all the mods are free to download, except for the engine which is Jeffrey's work.
I've spent a few hours with the Storm version you posted here and I've got to say that I like the changes you've made to the interface, and 1.2 really does feel less janky than 2.0 and newer. There are some specific things from the newer forks of the mod that I like better than what's in 1.2. Perhaps after a general polish pass I'll look into merging some of that content (mostly audio/visual) into 1.2.

I've spent a few hours with the Storm version you posted here and I've got to say that I like the changes you've made to the interface, and 1.2 really does feel less janky than 2.0 and newer. There are some specific things from the newer forks of the mod that I like better than what's in 1.2. Perhaps after a general polish pass I'll look into merging some of that content (mostly audio/visual) into 1.2.
Ahoy there matey and welcome back to these waters! :cheers

It would be pretty fantastic, I reckon, to polish up ye olde "Gentlemen of Fortune" mods.
I hate never being able to give people a proper answer on which version of the mod to get.
Surely making a 'best of multiple worlds' collection should be quite possible...?

What is the mods? Where know more info?
Buccaneers of the Caribe (based on Pirates of the Caribbean)
New Horizons (from Pirates Ahoy! community)
Caribe Stories (based on Caribbean Tales)
Caribe Stories Historical Immersion (based on Caribbean Tales)
Lost Ships City (based on City of Abandoned Ships)
Gentlemen of Fortune 1.2
Gentlemen of Fortune 2.0
Gentlemen of Fortune 2.5
Historical ERAS II
Why not russians global mods. Example
Corsairs Ship Pack (The best mod for gentlemen)

What is the mods? Where know more info?
Buccaneers of the Caribe (based on Pirates of the Caribbean)
New Horizons (from Pirates Ahoy! community)
Caribe Stories (based on Caribbean Tales)
Caribe Stories Historical Immersion (based on Caribbean Tales)
Lost Ships City (based on City of Abandoned Ships)
Gentlemen of Fortune 1.2
Gentlemen of Fortune 2.0
Gentlemen of Fortune 2.5
Historical ERAS II
Why not russians global mods. Example
Corsairs Ship Pack (The best mod for gentlemen)

Info is here:
ChezJfrey - itch.io

Corsairs Ship Pack needs translation. Neither me or @ChezJfrey speak Russian language. If someone is willing to translate it to English, I'm pretty sure Jeffrey would upload it on itch with the LEOPARD's permission. What I can suggest is our latest New Horizons port for Maelstrom. I think you will like it. If you prefer mods with no fantasy heroes and storylines, you can try Eras II mod.

So can this mod be used with SD:TEHO on Steam? Was reading another post earlier that tried to untangle which games are ports / renames of others and it looks like AOP2 is the same game as SD:TEHO? or is the much earlier POTC release with the New Horizons mod therefore more "recent" Got very confused...
Also, sorry if this is kinda in the wrong place?

AoP2: CoAS is not the same as SD:TEHO, it's an earlier game. "Gentlemen of Fortune" will not work with TEHO.

While this post is sort of in the right place in that it's asking about GoF, you might want to look at the TEHO section of the forum:
Sea Dogs: To Each His Own
There you should be able to find some mods which are for TEHO.

In any case, welcome to Pirates Ahoy! :cheers

I have read that the best GOF version to download is the 1.2 patch. Is that correct? I tried playing COAS but the game feels so weird to me after playing POTC. I don't like the controls or anything, really. The tavern seem to be empty and the light is terrible!

I bought COAS on gog, since then I've tried to play by installing the GOF versions up to 2.0, but every time I enter the game and try to play again, the key configuration changes and the game goes crazy, and it's no use changing the settings of the keys, it does not obey the saved settings. I live in Brazil, and converting from dollar to real, the eras 2 mod is too expensive for me. I would like to know which free mod version that works without bugs. Thanks

I bought COAS on gog, since then I've tried to play by installing the GOF versions up to 2.0, but every time I enter the game and try to play again, the key configuration changes and the game goes crazy, and it's no use changing the settings of the keys, it does not obey the saved settings. I live in Brazil, and converting from dollar to real, the eras 2 mod is too expensive for me. I would like to know which free mod version that works without bugs. Thanks

Well, if you bought the game on GOG, it should've costed you around around 6 dollars. Eras 2 mod is 12$ with permanent updates for free and working flawless on Windows 11. So it's still cheaper when you compare what you payed for.

Well, if you bought the game on GOG, it should've costed you around around 6 dollars. Eras 2 mod is 12$ with permanent updates for free and working flawless on Windows 11. So it's still cheaper when you compare what you payed for.
At the time I bought the gog version, it was on sale, in real (Brazilian currency) it was less than 10, but now those 12 dollars from malstron cost more than 70 reais, so I can't buy it now. The Brazilian currency is worth almost nothing.

Hello lads!

Does anyone have the download link for GOF 2? Can't download it from the links in the first comment. They open nothing at all.

Hi,

I was playing the french nation quests with GoF, but after the 2nd one, when I got released from the jail, all my equipment and letter of marque were lost and nowhere to be found(chests in the fort empty) and I can't complete the quest as I can't talk to d'Ogeron without my letter of marque. Any idea how to get my gear back?

sorry for my confusion, but which GoF is the latest version or the most enjoyable, this one or the 2.5 on the Maelstrom Engine?

Back