• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentlemen Of Fortune 2.0

Yes, but all my officers all bloody assassins, so I don't know why this decreased. I will check the Jonesie's topic.
New Horizons looks amazing, I'm gonna install PotC again soon o_O

Are you doing nice things like Governor's quests and such? What's your reputation? Since they are all bloody assassins if you are a Hero they will hate you. If you are a shark or swindler then they will like you. MK

I'm trusted sailor, I don't know why, and I don't lose reputation whatever I do.
I only did like 3 o 4 governor quests for Spain, but I'm always sunking french and english ships, and some pirates too.

Colombia needs more work Pieter and with only Cartagena for that big chunk of land. I know its loads of work but maybe for future last versions of POTC add some more cities to that land mass,maybe put cartagena/colombia as added country.I suggested denmark too remember. Imagine possiblities with this. I know its massive workload and perhaps for Hearts or GOF. Can newer countries be added to GOF or stuck with 5 cos of UI?

Wrong thread, mate. This is the AoP 2 forum.

Anyway, we have exactly zero people to work on adding more content. I think we've only got Levis now who is doing some coding work.

Yes i know but wanted Colin to see what can be done on POTC and whet his appetite to try it. Was there ever a spanish translated version of it? There is plenty of the spanish main in AOP2,i think if someone wanted to add the lower bahamas area it could be done. I'v no idea if more countries could be added as UI allows 5 only? Maybe non playable factions or ones only available by quests or by getting marques. But once u finish with potc and go deep into aop2 there is a lot that can be done.

No finished translations for PotC, I'm afraid. I don't think a Spanish one was ever started on anyway.

Had a bug with eras that iv had before with gof 1.2. I was plying with Dampier and just had a shipment of slaves and ale delivered to smugglers at port of spain lighthouse.The guards appeared and i escaped by going back to sea,their craft then followed me and started shooting.I shot them several times as they have a smaller vessel i hit speak and asked them to surrender.The surrender thing came on and it said they had struck their colours.When i got alongside i boarded but they did'nt surrender and fought.I won the fight but when i went to the cabin with captain,i killed him and searched around the chests etc..But the game did'nt continue or was a way to get the ship transfer menu at all. I went to cheat thing and simply used the f key for tavern reload.I was reloaded to one of the st kitts taverns when i had been near port of spain.Funny my main ship was at port.All i had got from looting and searching the ship before was there but no sign of that captured ship which i had to give as bugged. This has happened before,i think it might be cos game copy i have downloaded has already an earlier GOF and black pearl mod on included.Is there a fix for this??

Yes there is a fix. It is the LAi_boarding file that is attached at the bottom of the first post in the GOF ERAs thread. However you will have to start a new game after you add the new file.

I can't guarantee anything is going to work correctly in your game if you installed the mod on top of an old version of GOF and not a new COAS install.

MK

I'm trusted sailor, I don't know why, and I don't lose reputation whatever I do.
I only did like 3 o 4 governor quests for Spain, but I'm always sunking french and english ships, and some pirates too.

That is your problems, if your going to play as the friendly person who doesn't break rules then its best to only higher officers who are nice. If your planning on been bad and attacking ships without a letter of marque, taking captains prisoner, sinking ships etc then higher only officers who have bad reputations.

If you want you can give command of a captured ship to one of the officers you wish to replace and put the ship in dry dock for a while till you need her again, this is a way to gain more officers when you have reached your limit (depends on one of your main skills which can't be modified or improves through the game, but I haven't played the game in a long time so I can't remember what that skill was called).

Because I tend to focus on merchant trade early on I focus on only getting officers who has good reputation, this makes them happy as I'm not doing bad things that goes against their nature and means I don't have to worry about any rebellions breaking out onboard my ship or worse an officer I give command of a ship to doesn't simply sail away one day.

Hope this helps.

Ahoy!
Recently I had to reinstall the game and after installing the mod I got a crash (Runtime error) at the beginning. Do you know what can be reason??

Ahoy!
Recently I had to reinstall the game and after installing the mod I got a crash (Runtime error) at the beginning. Do you know what can be reason??

Are you running the game from the main install directory? very buggy that way.
Which mod did you install?
Mod could be installed incorrectly.

Update:
I have combined the patch and am now re-uploading the mod, this is the final version so isn't a beta version. Topic name will be changed to show this. Also this version differs slightly from the current 2.0.9 version as it adds some more changes to ships and also adds a few more ships and changes Red Leg's starting ship from the Schooner to the Sloop (I felt the Schooner was a to good as his starting ship).

Maybe it won't be me who updates the topic name then, so can a mod please change the topic name from beta as its no longer in beta. Version 2.1.0 will be removed because that was the beta version and brings back old bugs from GOF 1.2. GOF 2.0.9 or GOF 2.0 as it will now be known is the stable version and will be the only version available to download. Once its uploaded I will update the links to download the mod.

Last edited:
:doff Is this good enough?

Yep that's perfect bud, thanks.;)

Yeah I know, I had the game running perfectly with GOF, however I had to reinstall whole system.

Yep, because vanilla runs ok. After installing the mod (I tried 2.0.8 and 2.0.9) it crashes.

You did download and install GOF 2.0 and then the patch right?

The full mod is about 20 minutes from been uploaded, no patches or anything because I combined the patch to reduce confusion and make it easier to install.

GOF 2.0 is now uploaded, link can be found on the first page (no patches required so please delete any old versions of GOF 2 because all patches are already combined in this new upload.

Full new release? Niiiice! ModDB time!!! :dance

Are you able to do that? I have no more time left; have to leave home real early tomorrow and won't be back for four months.

Back