• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentlemen Of Fortune 2.0

gof 1.1.2 was run on same OS. i got couple of crash sometimes when do grappling, the most recent is after fighting and picking some loot the game then suddenly crash. well i'm just using 2.0 version and patch and just start a new game. i will let you know the detail of error if i found it again since i can't remember the detail.

oh btw when i do bar fight and kill the people there's some text that said some id is not found, and when i'm selling some ship it said same thing. is it normal thing? since i never see this thing before.

Me and my little brother love this Mod, but we have some common opinion , it's better to have loot that can give capabilities than a skill book. a book is great, but can you consider putting some worth book at admiral chest on lost ship city to replace the skeletons capabilities? it's like missing something worth from that chest. is it any option at mod option to choose between book and normal coas loot? thanks and sorry for my bad english.

Glad you and your brother like the GOF mods, hopefully you find GOF 2 as stable GOF 1.1.2.

I have never done the bar fights, but the missing ID is a problem I can't fix and hopped someone would have done so already, I have never worked on the characters so don't understand how to add them or anything and have to much going on to learn new things at the moment.

No the skill books was done to replace the old loot that didn't make any sense for its bonus to skills, you can reduce the effects of the books bonus in mod options if you so wish and I guess it is possible to make some items have special skill boosts and have it configurable in mod options for those who like only the books to give skill bonuses. As for placing them in chests it is possible, but I would have to hunt the code down to find it and first as I have not searched or seen it before, but it can be done.

Glad you and your brother like the GOF mods, hopefully you find GOF 2 as stable GOF 1.1.2.

I have never done the bar fights, but the missing ID is a problem I can't fix and hopped someone would have done so already, I have never worked on the characters so don't understand how to add them or anything and have to much going on to learn new things at the moment.

No the skill books was done to replace the old loot that didn't make any sense for its bonus to skills, you can reduce the effects of the books bonus in mod options if you so wish and I guess it is possible to make some items have special skill boosts and have it configurable in mod options for those who like only the books to give skill bonuses. As for placing them in chests it is possible, but I would have to hunt the code down to find it and first as I have not searched or seen it before, but it can be done.

it would be nice if you can add special book with bonus skill same as old loot at admiral chest. that chest loot is one of one reason that make lost ship mission more interesting. if that loot has no more bonus skill the only thing that attract is only expensive cuirass and some sword which not too worthy since we can find it in other mission.

first time i meet this chest i like to say wow, i find a lot of loot that rare to see and make it like a real treasure. next time if you do update hope u can give some surprise or something that same attractive as the old loot before. that it and thank for your hard work in this mod it really makes this game more fun. :cheers

I have run into a problem with the shipyard of Basse Terre. I have a mission to steal the plans for a ship there. The plans are sitting on the desk but the message initiating the mission does not appear.

Looking at the compile log it appears there is a mixup of island and store IDs.

Attachments

• compile.7z
    876 bytes · Views: 78
  • system.7z
    2.4 KB · Views: 64
Never modified the islands or the building or characters, will have to dig out GOF 1.2 and compare the island files for each town to see if I missed something when porting them over.

It could be this install. The merchants and shipyards don't have much stock. For example the shipyards have 1-3 ships.

This is just an observation on ship damage caused by forts. :nerbz

So far I have boarded 3 ships after they got softened up by forts.

The first one had 1 crew member who was easily killed but the Captain killed me 4 times before I gave up and sailed away. It was a large Brigantine and still had all sails and masts.

The next ship also had 1 crew and the Captain surrendered but refused to work for me so I had to sink a nice ship that was only moderately damaged with all sails and masts ok.

The last ship had 2 crew and for some reason it had no Captain. That made it easy. Again, this ship was not badly damaged but the crew was wiped out.

Methinks the sails are too strong, possibly the hull might be too strong, and the crew is too weak.

I found some mess texture at maxim taylor in Lost ship city. hope u can fix it :D

This was reported in GOF and GOF Eras, and has been around for a VERY LONG time.
Its not a "bug", its a graphical error caused by using POTC animations and gm models with CoAS texture files that were not corrected by Akella developers.
It can be easily fixed by updating the model using TOOL and ConverterTX.
I did this with quite a few models which I will release with my "HD" Portraits and Models Mod, in the future which is compatible with GOF and GOF Eras.

They were all different forts. The forts use different caliber cannons?

Yes the forts can use 42, 48 or 92Ibs cannons, however just like ships the fort is using 42Ibs cannons, then all the cannons for that fort are 42Ibs. Normally the forts use 42Ibs while your low ranked and as you level up the forts cannon size increases.

I just captured a ship by letting the fort pound it a bit and then boarding it. It had 1 crewman, the hull was in bad shape, and the sails were not too bad. I'm level5 now and the ship was the caravel redondo.

I'm also trying to edit some things and it seems I have forgotten how to do a reinit. :oops:

Lol, reinit is in the options tab bud.;)

Sadly the forts use the same damage value's for their guns as the ships. The only way around this would be to make the forts use cannons that the ships do not use. That way the damage value's could be increased a lot for forts. Maybe forts guns 48, 68 and 92Ibs, I'm sure you can prevent them from showing in shipyards as buyable guns aswell which would then remove the question and sometimes request of can you explain how to make it so ships can mount these calibure cannons.

I'm just going to add my thoughts on the power of different guns -

Ill cite the articles below but the gist of it is that the French fired high at the masts and sails whereas the British fired at the hull to cause maximum casualties (splinters). English casualties 25% vs French 55%. " in fact only 8 ships of the line were burnt or blown up throughout the whole war, 17 were wrecked and 3 foundered" It then goes on to say how vs America in 1812 the Americans didn't care about capture and the British suffered as a result as the American ships engaged from distance.
So I think it gives some nice numbers for the ammunition. [Note I've got on realistic loading and tend to change the damage setting] For example I feel that the only 'useful' ammunitions are cannonball and exploding shot. Cannon gives moderate damage to hull and good damage to crew (which I think is perfect). Exploding shot I think tends to injure crew more than hull. I think it should seriously damage a ship. Chain shot I never use because I feel it just takes forever to take out a mast, its quicker to slow a ships down via cannon to kill crew. Grapeshot I feel is ineffective vs cannon because of range etc.
For me its how the ammunition balances against each other. Each ammunition type should fulfil its specific role so that it becomes your sole choice. (Rather than using cannonball rather than chain to immobilise a ship).

I agree that forts are too weak vs hull and sails of ships. Their goal was utter destruction of the ship rather than any capture. I do use the exploit of luring them into the fort then capturing them though XD.

Just thoughts from a newbie player.

Article:
http://www.thedearsurprise.com/napoleonic-era-naval-warfare-tactics-french-vs-british/

@ Hylie Pistof

Thanks bud, question. all the ships you have fixed, can they be dropped in over the top of the previous ships or do the old ships model folder need to be removed first? Reason I ask is because I can either include the fixed ships in the patch or I will have to include them in the next full release of the mod.

@ Sergeant Epson
I have taken a look at the value's again and I have made some adjustments to the value's so grape shot will be good for killing crew while chain shot will be good for damaging sails (increased so the chain shot is more effective now, but please note each class of ship will have a different value for sails. Class 7 = 100, class 6 = 150, class 5 = 200 all the way up to class 1 = 400 so higher rated ships with larger sail hp will take longer to damage and is also important to note the cannon/culverine calibure you have mounted as these drastically change in damage capablilities. After all we don't want class 7 ship killers out there as it would be unrealistic.

@ All
The new patch is fully under way, I no I haven't been as active on here these past few weeks but I can honestly say I have been hard at work on the new patch which has had 3 more fixes done to it today already for optimal crew and sail hp's and the flying Dutchmen cannon bug fix (not the quest ship version, this is the ported ship which took the place of the quest ship but has been swapped back around).

Can't give a release date for the patch, but hope it will be later this week and sadly will require a new game.

:ahoy

The repaired ships folders should replace the old ships folders. I made many small detail changes to sails, yards, braces, and hulls.
Some of them are completely redone ships, like the Felipe1. The v1 version was used and now the V2 version is used. It looks the same but is actually a different ship.

Back