• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP Geralt of Rivia

Is it just one special quest blade that should be carried on the back
or all blades for this character?

Ok. If it was 1 blade I could have done the musket on back trick but with a blade. That is switching between 2 weapon models.
I have done it with the battleax for @Bartolomeu.

Now if it's all blades maybe it's possible to use 2 character models instead and switch between them. One would be in style like the
one you showed with blade on back. And pistol on hip.
The other one a standard character with original belt locators. This one when drawing your blade
and back to the first one when sheathing the blade.

Now if it's all blades maybe it's possible to use 2 character models instead and switch between them. One would be in style like the
one you showed with blade on back. And pistol on hip.
The other one a standard character with original belt locators. This one when drawing your blade
and back to the first one when sheathing the blade.

We should try this, once i make the models.

Espinosa.gm is in the same pose as the models from The Witcher are, so maybe i could use the skeleton and animations that that model uses? (If manage to get it under 208KB)

pose.png

Just a thought:
Gerait's sword in "The Witcher" is probably a big one, perhaps a two-hander? Mounting such a sword on the back would look alright. Mounting smaller swords would probably work too. But what about a dagger, or even a sandbag?

Also:
If Gerait does have a specific sword, are you planning to import that as well, as @DeathDaisy did with Ciri's sword? If not, have a look at this:
gof_blade28.jpg

Just a thought:
Gerait's sword in "The Witcher" is probably a big one, perhaps a two-hander? Mounting such a sword on the back would look alright. Mounting smaller swords would probably work too. But what about a dagger, or even a sandbag?

Also:
If Gerait does have a specific sword, are you planning to import that as well, as @DeathDaisy did with Ciri's sword? If not, have a look at this:
View attachment 34524
About a dagger or a sandbag there is a possible solution similar to the muskets on the back but only for Geralt and the weapon could be on the hip or the right thigh, as seen on The Witcher intro at 0:38 as he gets equipped.

Geralt does't have a specific sword since he is the main playable character and you can get more than one steel/silver sword, Ciri is a playable character in The Witcher 3, but only for a few quests, so you don't get better equipment.

Still, i may import a sword from The witcher 1 or 3, if not then i may use this sword.

Is this sword already in the game or not?

That sword is not currently in the game. Some time ago I downloaded the "Gentlemen of Fortune" (GoF) mod for "City of Abandoned Ships"; I don't have CoAS but I've imported a few character and weapon models into PoTC. This sword is in GoF and could easily enough be imported into PoTC as well. It's a double-handed flambard. Swords that size weren't used after about the mid 16th century, except sometimes ceremonially, which is why I haven't already put it into PoTC. But a fantasy character such as Geralt could perhaps make use of it.

Well i must say that the sword from GoF does look like something that would be in The Witcher and the sword that i was considering to import is a silver sword but i don't want to import a silver sword.

So i will use the flambard from GoF.

Thanks, @Grey Roger for the recommendation! :onya

Included is the sword model, renamed "bladeC28" because PoTC already has its own "blade28", it's the shamshir. I've also shrunk it slightly because CoAS weapons are a bit larger scale than PoTC ones - this is supposed to be a big sword but perhaps not quite as big as it would be if the original CoAS model is used in PoTC! Also included is the texture file needed for the sword. You'll need to create your own entry in "PROGRAM\ITEMS\initItems.c" for the sword, which you can rename if you like - just make sure that whatever you call it in "initItems.c", is also the name of the model file. And you'll want an entry in "RESOURCE\INI\TEXTS\ENGLISH\ItemsDescribe.txt", again with matching name.

Finally, it will need to be added to one or more of the files in "RESOURCE\Textures\INTERFACES" to provide interface pictures at the various quality levels. I can do that if you like. (There aren't many spaces free for new weapons, so it will probably be necessary to start a new set of interface texture files in the not too distant future...)

Attachments

• flambard.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 94
If you already downloaded the file from post #33, please download it again. In addition to what was already there, the zip now contains new interface texture file "items25.tga.tx" plus variants for different weapon qualities. So in "initItems.c", you'll want to set "picTexture" to 25 and "picIndex" to 1.

I downloaded Blender and managed to bring down the model i put together from 777KB to 261KB which is still larger than the limit.
The file is an .obj so the final .gm should be a little bit larger, and most of the detail is gone. :modding

arrr.png

So plan C: Replace the texture of Nathaniel's face with Geralt's and only add the hair and medallion.

Looking at the picture of Gerait, he should have long hair. Perhaps use "BillyBrock" or "depp" instead of Nathaniel?

Back