• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release GOF Historical Eras Module #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
@TBK et al, I have no issues with you issuing a quest fix patch for Eras. When I said what I did I thought I was going to have more time to finish what I was working on and it would be available in short order.

The next version with Patch1 applied will have extensive new content & capabilities - and the quest fixes are a very small part of it....that being said I would actually appreciate it very much if TBK would issue the quest fix patch because I have two conferences I have to attend and some important business to take care of before I can get this done. ETA 01-15 April now before the new version will be done and issued in torrent by/thru various means.

I know this has been one of the largest criticisms of the mod, so it will get people off my back. Thanks...
MK

@TBK et al, I have no issues with you issuing a quest fix patch for Eras. When I said what I did I thought I was going to have more time to finish what I was working on and it would be available in short order.

The next version with Patch1 applied will have extensive new content & capabilities - and the quest fixes are a very small part of it....that being said I would actually appreciate it very much if TBK would issue the quest fix patch because I have two conferences I have to attend and some important business to take care of before I can get this done. ETA 01-15 April now before the new version will be done and issued in torrent by/thru various means.

MK,

With complete respect to you, I would prefer not to compile quest fix changes for the mod right now.
I will explain.

1) I don't know what else is being added for coding in the future patch.
Granted, most of the fixes from the vanilla game should be innocuous to the upcoming patch, but maybe not.
Why would I spend time compiling changes on the mod product that will potentially and significantly change again?
Some quest errors were a result of model changes (not portraits), which you stated you are revamping anyway. Portraits errors will be overhauled with my HD mod, and everything matches there.

2) Although I was able to fix most problems, I could NOT fix the CoAS final Diffindur swim, which is pretty important.
I don't know what you changed in the storm files from GOF, and have not done any more code detective work.
It could still be related to my Windows 7 Pro system and high end nVidia card, but I don't believe this is the case.
I have tested the same storm hurricane equivalency (including swimming) in other locations, and there were no problems.

Last edited:
Even if your fixed files wouldn't be 100% compatible, WinMerge should show all the necessary differences so it should still be a help. :yes

Even if your fixed files wouldn't be 100% compatible, WinMerge should show all the necessary differences so it should still be a help. :yes

I would prefer to beta test his updated future patch, and then add any necessary changes as required for coding.
I don't disagree withe Winmerge option, I just don't like it.
I like doing things in one pass with a fresh separate install, not many minor revisions.
Then I can cross level the corrections as required.
A lot of things people may not catch many of them during a play through if they are not familiar with the game.

Some current fixes will break people's games as they cannot be applied even using a console override and will require a new game.
People are still playing the released beta, so I don't want to start confusing them with updates that are not compatible with the current version.
The same thing happened with the boarding fix and graphic update to fix missing locations, too much confusion.

"One shot, one kill" is the better option here.
I am always still open however to fix someone's individual problem with this release when they ask me via PM.

Up to you gents. I've used WinMerge a LOT over the years for the PotC Build Mod. Couldn't have done without it, in fact. :shrug

Hello,

Being a long old fan of Seadogs i decided to give it a try on mods for once :) Played GOF2 a bit and now trying this one.

Seems a nice mod but i have some errors to report (or work as intended?)

When you have the starter frigate (name type of ship is not displayed btw when you right click ship info) even with a crew of 20-30 men it is reloading very fast like it is with a full crew (and i also have the penalty from skill requirement lvl not me), so its kind of ruining the realism, since it should load very slowly :)

Also do books found that gives +10 in stats work? Because for me they dont unlike they do in GOF 2.3.

Other than that if i spot some more weird things i'll post here :)

edit : also as in GOF 2.3 it seems that when you jump into a battle between pirates and another nation, even if you have a pirate flag and the pirates are flagged green they will shoot at you

Last edited:
Huh. For me it is the opposite. It takes forever to load the cannons. What are the size of the cannons, what is the cannoner skill of your crew, and what are your or your gunners skills?

The books work for me. My gripe is that sometimes books that say they give +30 only give +10.

Hello,

Being a long old fan of Seadogs i decided to give it a try on mods for once :) Played GOF2 a bit and now trying this one.

Seems a nice mod but i have some errors to report (or work as intended?)

When you have the starter frigate (name type of ship is not displayed btw when you right click ship info) even with a crew of 20-30 men it is reloading very fast like it is with a full crew (and i also have the penalty from skill requirement lvl not me), so its kind of ruining the realism, since it should load very slowly :)

Also do books found that gives +10 in stats work? Because for me they dont unlike they do in GOF 2.3.

Other than that if i spot some more weird things i'll post here :)

About the cannon reloading I don't know which one are you talking about. if you are talking about enemy ship reloading fast that's is a bug but if you are talking about your ship then it's not all you have to do is go to options mods and turn off the realistic reloading and try making the cannon damage in between or coaf default. I don't remember which one of these cannon damages will affect the reloading speed.

Hello m8,

When you have the starter frigate (name type of ship is not displayed btw when you right click ship info) even with a crew of 20-30 men it is reloading very fast like it is with a full crew (and i also have the penalty from skill requirement lvl not me), so its kind of ruining the realism, since it should load very slowly:)

You start with the smaller guns in the game, 4 lbs , which indeed load fast, but really don't do much. In F2 in the ships tab check the ship specifics, last two lines are the guns. Once you get the bigger guns they reload slower. On bigger ships ( yours is not too shabby, it can probably carry at least 20 pounders) this is noticeable.
As to the starting ship, the creator of the mod can say if it is intentional or just was left like that for testing purpose. If you want to change your starting ship to an appropriate smaller vehicle (some wonderful models of ships) you can do the following:

You need the file RPGUtilite.c found in program/characters in your game folder. Inside it, search for keywords of any of this lines.

else // = If Realistic SHIP PURCHASE IS enabled
{

pchar.Ship.Type = GenerateShip((SHIP_SOPHIE), 0);

Where it says SHIP_SOPHIE, there is your frigate (You won't find sophie there, its my example) change that with any other ship from the following file.
*Ships.h which is found in program/ships in your game folder. Just copy the name of the ship and replace.

Also, what Lord of War said, check your options in the mod options button, for realistic reloadins and such, there is a small explanatory text, I personally use the advised settings, they work just fine with the mod.

Books work, you can check in F2 and your character tab. Also check your settings in the mod options button if you have lowered boost from books enabled (It is called something like that) if this is enabled the tooltip might say that the book gives +20 but in actuality gives +10, checked in the character tab.

Regards

P.S Didn't ask which hero you chose, at least a third of them have a special ship assaigned to them for historic purposes, somewhere else in the code, in which case the formerly mentioned lines won't help you.
It is in the same file though if you care to look.

Last edited:
Hello,

Thanks for all the replies they are quite helpfull.

Indeed the guns are 4lbs thats why they reload fast probably despite my very low crew size.

Also my hero is Jacquotte Delahaye
Right now i dont see the book stats effect on medium, heavy weapon, or grapling (i have those 3 at +10 but no effect on the skill it seems compared to a previous save)

I will check all options for mod as i did not mess with them yet, problem might come from here.

Thanks again :)

The number won't change for those stats, medium, heavy and so forth, but there should be a green +10 next to it.
I haven't noticed it like that before, it is indeed confusing.

Hello guys, I've been playing AoP 2 CoAS for a while now with this mod installed (properly and quite functionally). I already reach Lv 44 and half way in my English Nation Quest Line with Peter Blood as the main character. But there is something weird about the Items(Equipment)&Street Merchants. I haven't seen even one piece of cuirass, not in the street merchant's stall , not even in the chest inside a wreck of a ship on the Shore of Death, it's nowhere. I'm getting a lil bit frustrated since it is main Equipment while in "Player Mode"(or stuff). I cannot confirm it as a bug, malfunction script or else because nobody report or discuss such a thing in this whole god damn internet.
Oh, and yes
I've reinstalled the game and reinstalled the mod(even redownloaded it) but "SHOOT" it didn't work
I've tried to edit the debugger.c(the F function on the debugger box) so I thought by using console-alike-way I could just insert it into the inventory, but it failed. I didn't yet try to edit other script cuz I'm a noob to look the whole "Programs" directory for a "cure" of my ill. Please help and thanks in advance.

Hello guys, I've been playing AoP 2 CoAS for a while now with this mod installed (properly and quite functionally). I already reach Lv 44 and half way in my English Nation Quest Line with Peter Blood as the main character. But there is something weird about the Items(Equipment)&Street Merchants. I haven't seen even one piece of cuirass, not in the street merchant's stall , not even in the chest inside a wreck of a ship on the Shore of Death, it's nowhere. I'm getting a lil bit frustrated since it is main Equipment while in "Player Mode"(or stuff). I cannot confirm it as a bug, malfunction script or else because nobody report or discuss such a thing in this whole god damn internet.
Oh, and yes
I've reinstalled the game and reinstalled the mod(even redownloaded it) but "SHOOT" it didn't work
I've tried to edit the debugger.c(the F function on the debugger box) so I thought by using console-alike-way I could just insert it into the inventory, but it failed. I didn't yet try to edit other script cuz I'm a noob to look the whole "Programs" directory for a "cure" of my ill. Please help and thanks in advance.

I'm sorry Musika, I left the cuirasses/brestplates out of the initial release. Rest assured they will be back when I re-release. And there will be new surprises as well with more than a dozen different breastplates, to include coats of mail and jacks-lined leather harnesses. For a clue of what's to come check out the Spanish soldiers breastplates.

MK

The number won't change for those stats, medium, heavy and so forth, but there should be a green +10 next to it.
I haven't noticed it like that before, it is indeed confusing.

It is what i remember from GOF 2.3 where it worked there for me, but here in my game it seem it doesnt work. For exemple i restarted a game, my authorithy skill is 10, talent 8, thus it makes my leadership skill to 8, but i have a -7 because i'm using a tier 5 frigate and have a malus from it (the starting ship for Jacquotte Delahaye). I found a leadership +10 book in Bermuda but my leadership is still (-7) 8

I must also add that i havent trained yet in leadership and it is at 0% still, so maybe i need some training a bit before the +10 applies?

Turning off or on the mod option for skill book dont change anything btw.

I deleted all my previous saves with the 3 skill book i found before so i cant tell if the +10 was applied to the number between the ( ), those skills i mention in previous post were trained a bit.

Just found a trade skill book, but my skill stays at -(5) 6 like it was before i found the book ;) do i need to do something specific other thanjust having the book in the inventory to make the effect apply?

Last edited:
A class 5 ship requires you to have 25 navigation skill or all of your skills will suffer. That is what it sounds like is happening to you.

I'm sorry Musika, I left the cuirasses/brestplates out
MK when you are ready for beta testing i am still willing to assist and knock this out for you and accelerate testing by using debug and console commands for features locations and quests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back