• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release GOF Historical Eras Module #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, you really improved your texturing skills, MK!
The french ship looks splendid, can´t wait to see more :)

Thanks Bava!

For those that are still waiting....again I apologize. I will not release until its totally finished and tested. I am again very close...just not quite there.

Here's an update: I have spent the last four days completely overhauling the music and sound. There were actually dozens of really great voice clips that were not even being used in the game. I have remedied this and made the voice clips occur at more appropriate places. All the new sound seems to be working great.

In addition, I have spent the last week completely overhauling the loading screens. There are now over 130 loading screens. Many of these screens are classic paintings or unique art and photos that I've specially edited for the situations. I have not only added better randomization and variety, but added specific instructions for when these screens will appear. For instance you will see appropriate Spanish scenes in Spanish towns - ports, churches, brothels, taverns, governors, etc...for each nationalities locations. During boarding you will see a variety of screens generated with scenes appropriate for small, medium, and large sized ship's boarding actions and cabins.

This is such a HUGE improvement on seeing the same few boring loading screens over and over again. I really hated that.

This was a herculean undertaking all by itself. I am pleased to say that everything appears to be working EXCELLENT! This really adds another incredible layer of historical immersion to the game which is what I've been trying to achieve. I think everyone will really like this. I probably have over two hundred hours in this upgrade alone considering all the time I spent collecting images over months knowing I was going to eventually attempt this. The work and time was well worth it I can tell you.

New video coming soon to reflect the new work.

Again sorry for the delay, but it will be worth it I promise.

MK

Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither was the Sistine Chapel.

Keep up the good work! :onya

Sorry all. The mod would have been out yesterday but a hacker got me BAD.

No worries I'm out of town again this time in a major city. It was my laptop they got. My main PC is fine and I have absolutely everything backed up.

It will just be another week or a little more before I can get back and get it out. Again sorry. To those who did this. Watch out. I know who you are and big A is coming to get you. Pleasant dreams.

MK

If a hacker got you, they could get any of us. At least you have the tools to fight back. :duel:

Sorry to hear that, MK. I hope you get the little ****.

Thanks Bava, Someone else got em.

I am so close to being finished. Putting on some finishing touches and doing final testing. I'm glad I waited and tested a little more because I found a few bugs that needed squashed. They're all fixed. Here's some teasers.... MK

start_130920_1334390.JPG start_130920_1553396.JPG start_130920_1718044.JPG start_130920_2218549.JPG start_130920_2250221.JPG start_130921_0059508.JPG start_130921_0426488.JPG start_130921_0525268.JPG start_130921_0602483.JPG start_130921_0603479.JPG

Very cool! Good to hear you got more things sorted too. :cheers

How are you planning to make the release? Simple 7-Zip archive or so or would you prefer an installer?
As I offered to Luke as well, I can give you a hand with that when the time comes if you want. :doff

OK Pieter, I do need help. I will share what I have soon. Still a little more testing to do. BTW in POTC where does one find where characters are assigned their animation file? Its not the same as COAS.

MK

OK Pieter, I do need help. I will share what I have soon.
If you look at the PotC Beta 3 installation process, you'll see how I can set it up.
Let me know what adjustments you want made for it. Since it extracts a 7-Zip file, you maintain full control over the actual contents.
I could also post the script file so you can make whatever adjustments you want yourself. Just let me know. :doff

BTW in POTC where does one find where characters are assigned their animation file? Its not the same as COAS.
Look at PROGRAM\Models\initModels.c .
Or the Character\init files for existing characters.

Hey man. Long time no see on the board. How is the mod coming along and when can I test it out?
Hiya Craiggo!

The Mod is ALMOST done!!!

I expect to FINALLY have it out this weekend. Real life has got in the way of me getting it totally done. But it is basically ready.

Here's a teaser of the new character interface. I go fast so just pause if you want to read a particular narrative.

MK

Holy crap, how many characters DO you have IN THERE!?! :shock

I expect to FINALLY have it out this weekend. Real life has got in the way of me getting it totally done. But it is basically ready.
Could we possibly release two long-awaited modpacks in the same weekend? That'd be fun! :woot

Anyway, just let me know if you want something done with the installer. I'll be working on the PotC: New Horizons one anyway, so that should be convenient. :cheeky

Two releases at the same time? I only have one computer! :type1

Looking into the crystal ball, I see much sleep deprivation in the future.....:8q

Holy crap, how many characters DO you have IN THERE!?! :shock

Could we possibly release two long-awaited modpacks in the same weekend? That'd be fun! :woot

Anyway, just let me know if you want something done with the installer. I'll be working on the PotC: New Horizons one anyway, so that should be convenient. :cheeky

There are 56 characters total. Ninety percent of them are REAL historical personalities with good bio summary paragraphs. Yes thank you Pieter I will contact you soon.

First Post updated to better detail mod content.

MK

Here is my first hack at an intro video that replaces the old one with the hand drawn pictures or the one in 1.2 and 2.0 that have that WAR vid from EIC I think.

I may change it a little still but it is probably about 85 percent where I want it. Thoughts?

MK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back