• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release GOF Historical Eras Module #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't be changing anything. It's not my mod and I don't even have the time.

Sorry to hear that MK, I hope your son will go through a steady-fast recovery. One year ago I would freak out when hearing the word "being operated"; I freaked out when the paramedics told me on the highway (I had a serious accident with my BMW while on duty) that I was being sent to the hospital to be operated. I said something like "Please, send me home and patch me up. No scalpels, no operating table and no surgeons. Trust me I'm okay."

That was funny, since I had an internal bleeding from two broken ribs.

And this was all because of an old woman who didn't give way.

Story short thing now, I can't find Module #1 to try it out (the one that you've set immediately afterwards the Cromwell-led Rev')

Module #1 was never released. Not sure if MK even finished it.

I know the feeling on being operated. Had exactly the same thoughts earlier this year. Still do, in fact. I HATE IT!

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one having the operating theatre-phobia.

By the way, me and LM are planning a mod for this winter. We'll be both off duty by then and have plenty of time.

Need to get the fella here, though.

Sounds good! More mods are always welcome. :cheers

I probably won't be actively around for much longer myself though, so if you need any of my support, send me a personal message.

Yeah module 1 is not even close to being finished. The only piece I got done was the ships are only galleons, carracks and caravels basically. I did do some characters like Cortez. I was hoping some of our modellers would do some earlier galleons. I thought about buying some of those low poly galleon models on line if someone could help me convert them into the game. The license says when you buy them you can use them for whatever game or mod you want.

Half Moon Turbosquid.png There's more than just this one BTW.

So I decided to do Module 3 (1750-1815) next since it seems to be the most popular era with the younger population because of popular culture and media....even though there weren't anymore pirates around to speak of... LOL.

Module 1 will be last, but it will be really good with medieval weapons, galleons, armor, breastplates and morions. I hope that a character modeller will be able to make a heavy arbalest or crossbow.

Pieter, I didn't mean adding new content or anything....I was just talking about tweaking - meaning adding the PA! movie or logo wherever you wanted....that kind of thing.

To be clear its my son that's going in for surgery on Monday. Not me....although when they did my disability evaluation last year when I retired from the US Army as a Colonel, I had 48 inches of scar tissue. I have had a fair number of operations over the years............. I think its a miracle actually that I am still alive.

MK

Pieter, I didn't mean adding new content or anything....I was just talking about tweaking - meaning adding the PA! movie or logo wherever you wanted....that kind of thing.
I probably won't. No time. Plus I don't think I even have a PA! logo movie without the PotC: New Horizons part.

Anyway, once I've got the details I need, I'll make an installer EXE for you.
If you can get them to me before tomorrow, I'll see if I can set it up for you tomorrow so you can still comment on it if you like. :doff

Seriously,

Is it or me, or we have a lot of military people here?
I'm an OF-1 (Arm of Carabineers) fresh from the Military Academy of Modena. I served one tour in Afghanistan with the IA, in FOB Bakwa and Gulistan, then I decided to go through the military academy after seeing how grossly-incompetent my superiors were. I'm passable by martial law by saying this, but I never understood how a man sitting behind a desk all his life and who studied all his life without never actually serving a tour or doing any kind of sport tell me "You do the patrol route that I order you." (When I just suggested changing the usual patrol routes from day to day to avoid having the insurgents monitor us and place IEDs - in 2008 we had a peak in IEDs detonating over Iraqi or NATO servicemen) or better, when someone dared to say how I had to correctly fire the 50 when he never even touched one in his whole life. Stressful moments that made me hate the Italian Army for all civilian people that usually study at civilian Universities and then decide to get into the Army as an NCO and get their career up from there. Our stupid system likes people with a Bachelor in Arts rather than someone who had experience in real combat situations. I'm not stupid, and I do not want to sound arrogant or such, but I understood only late in life that everything that matters is a piece of paper.

A lot of US servicemen (mainly from 3rd Brigade) in Afghanistan said that if I was smart enough and with a good knowledge of english I could try to apply for USMA as a foreign national (always liked how the military is formed in the US). But having all my friends here forced me to decide for the MAoM. But anyway, I went way too much off-topic. What was your MOS, MK?

Sorry people. :facepalm

PS: MK, I was referring to your son, in fact.

Last edited:
Whoops answered your question in your 1652 thread..... artillery.

So I am desperately trying to get this up but am really having difficulties. Everything compressed nicely, but I have attempted to upload to a purchased Rapidshare account three times. Its about 6.6 GB and that's a four hour upload from my connection. I was up half the night and am really getting angry. The last time I got 39 percent of it uploaded before it hung up. I have wasted hours for nothing and I have so many other things I need to do. This is the last time I ever use Rapidshare.

I have changed over to a purchased Mediafire account now and am trying again. It seems to be uploading nicely so far. This will be up tonight! PERIOD! I am rewriting the install instructions now Pieter and will hang them here shortly for you to add. I have one other file I need you to add also that needed last minute editing but I didn't find it until after I had already 7zipped the mod.

So frustrating. Its like a long losing battle or something. :modding

MK

YES! The only thing that would prevent this is if Mediafire won't fully upload it. It seems to be going well at the moment.

I will post a link here when its done, but it will be manual installation only until Pieter builds the installer.

You know there's something I didn't do in my testing that I hope no one makes fun of. Me and my beta testers never played the game on "easy" settings with lots of encounters turned on. All were experienced players so we always played around the "CORSAIR" difficulty setting and with few encounters turned on. "Few Encounters" is actually a lot of encounters and more than that I think is just silly.

What I'm hoping is that some newb doesn't come along and play on easy and level up super fast and get rich off all the new items in the game (Which will be much more common on easy) in just a few levels. Then they will say what a crappy fantasy giveaway game this is.

For best results this game should be played on a higher difficultly level with few encounters selected. Many of the characters because of who they were start out with a good ship and some coin. Others have absolutely nothing....not even a weapon. Only a sailboat. Maybe when I do the first patch I will put a little tag on each character interface picture during character selection that says, "easy, medium, expert" or something like that.

EDIT: I should add that there are a lot of surprises that I have not talked about or posted screens of. You should see the ships some of the characters have. also.....go into the dungeons....mwah ha ha ha ha ha

MK

6.6 GB!?! Holy crap, that's HUGE! The ModDB doesn't support files over 2.8 GB and I had been hoping we might be able to post your work there.
Probably isn't going to be happening any time soon then. Unless we post only the installer EXE, along with a link to the large file.

You could have uploaded the file to the FTP! That's what it's for. ;)

I just couldn't get it smaller. There are just so many new or changed models and textures and many of the new textures are higher resolution. That's one of the reasons the game looks so good.

EDIT: The hundred plus new loading screens are over a Gig by themselves.

Is that the Filezilla FTP? I thought that Keith had taken our FTP down. That's why I DL'd most of the old COAS/AOP stuff (like 10GBs worth). I have all the old Supermod, JA and CMV mods. I was planning on putting those on MODDB actually but have been too busy finishing this and I don't have any time now. A few months from now it will be done.

MK

Oh right I remember the bowengames one now. Thanks Pieter.

When this one finishes I will post a link (1/3 finished uploading time now). Overnight I will load it to our FTP also because eventually that Mediafire account will expire. Then I will post a second link in the morning.

MK

Instructions: Have fresh working install of COAS ready with TAGES already run. Then drop the new GOF ERAs 2 7z files into the game folder and when prompted to replace original game files say yes to all.

What are the COAS and TAGES references to in regards to this mod? Are they addons I need prior or?

Instructions: Have fresh working install of COAS ready with TAGES already run. Then drop the new GOF ERAs 2 7z files into the game folder and when prompted to replace original game files say yes to all.

What are the COAS and TAGES references to in regards to this mod? Are they addons I need prior or?

COAS is the base vanilla game Age of Pirates 2: City of Abandoned Ships (COAS) and TAGES is their stupid DRM protection package you need to run or the game will not function. TAGES is discussed in great detail in other threads if you do a simple search for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back