• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release GOF Historical Eras Module #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else have trouble installing this latest installer? :unsure

It comes as a zip, so I unzip it and there is the EXE. So I hit it and it complains about there being no zip to unpack. So I put the original zip in there with the EXE and it seems to be happy, except when it is complaining about missing things.
Very confusing.:pirate07:

Had the same problem placed the zip file in the AOP 2 directory and it went fine without complaining about anything.
Installation walked down the plant in to davy jones locker and now conquering the myghty carribean.

I don't think that EXE should have been in the ZIP. Should be an additional download like for PotC.

As for complaining about missing things, please let me know what it says and what it should be checking for instead.
If I understand correctly, MK changed the name of his ReadMe.txt file, so the installer checks for the wrong name.
That is easily fixed. But I haven't downloaded his modpack, so I don't know what to change it to.

aw.jpg

I am British.
He is British
Whoever built that is an evil Backstage.

Why?
Because to ride one of these I will. I definitely WILL become a traitor to my country.
because this Piece of hoochie woochie is nowhere to be bought.
that thing is so visually magnificent... I would give up my 32x28 poundsers in no time.
screen does not do it justice.
Only through the Glass can the Details be seen.
just wasted an hour doing Circles around her.

To the hands and Minds that made her Possible this way...
You rock.

That be the Centurion. Kris Wood built her for POTBS and then the conversion process for POTC and COAS began. Many people collaborated but it was a very difficult birth and took a solid year before Armada finished her last March.

I have... i think! seen and sailed the Poseidon, a similar sized ship. She was painted in natural brown and Gold dekor... a dream to View.
True space for walks in the fresh air, and a Good set of Men and Officers around you to never feel alone in your Obligations to take such a Ship through Storms of Hail and Storms of Bullets.
There just is something about them, the 50-74 cannon ships.
They are majestic, but not plump like a Victory...
Yet so much bigger and subjectively secure than a Frigate "Raa" which i currently, very successfully, operate.
A set of these, and the Spanish Crown will suffer.

A lot.

And i will smile.

Not yet, tho. Not yet.
congrats again - she is awesome.

and a special Thumbs up for MK - its a different game. A lot more authentic feel to it.
ah! live the Variations of Dags - almost too damn hard to decide which one i want. so i buy all of them, and share them with the Officers.
Currently using the Matchlock Arquebus. Shoulder hurts! :D

Only niggle so far: the german duelist and the german Rider dag share the same visual.

and a special Thumbs up for MK - its a different game. A lot more authentic feel to it.
ah! live the Variations of Dags - almost too damn hard to decide which one i want. so i buy all of them, and share them with the Officers.
Currently using the Matchlock Arquebus. Shoulder hurts! :D

Only niggle so far: the german duelist and the german Rider dag share the same visual.

Thanks for the compliments Gustav. :onya

It's nice to hear that because that is the experience I was trying to create with the mod.

I will look into the visual. It was probably a simple one digit mistype that caused it to use the same picture on the sheet. I will have a look when I have the time and notate for Patch1.

MK

Hmm. i should add a detail, they share the same visual, in the sense of "icon visual". you know, when you go to the market and buy them.

:)

Models are gorgeous! Variety of ships raises the gameplay to a new level!
But ... number of guns in some new ships (Trinity, Centurion, Dutch Frigate etc.) mistakenly indicated ( in Ship_ini)

OK, looks like I miscounted some gun locators then. Sorry. Tum0 Mate it would be a great help to me if you have taken any notes of what the differences between my mistakes and actual counts are - if you would share those so I can update the incorrect ships for Patch1, that would be a great help to me.

I was planning to scrub it again anyway because I found a couple more ships still missing cabins - and that could be what's preventing the new lower boarding deck capability from working right.

MK

I'll do what I can.
First of all you need to add the cabin to lugger. It is important for the Spanish line and generator quests.

Many thanks.

Yes I just found the lugger was missing the cabin when I went to test some stuff last night.

Every ship will have a cabin but the smallest tartanes for Patch1.

MK

All,

The Humphrey Douglas (Double Barrel Musket) Quest BUG is back in this MOD.
It looks as though the GOF 1.2 quest fix was not included here.
Basically makes the quest worthless, because Humphrey does not carry the musket or ammunition after the final discussion to give him the musket after you find it and becomes cannon fodder.

Easy fix however.

Use Buho's quick fix from AUG 11 BEFORE you speak the Humphrey the last time in his room and all is well.

Installation:

1) BackupProgram\DIALOGS\russian\Quest\ForAll_dialog.c
2) OverwriteProgram\DIALOGS\russian\Quest\ForAll_dialog.c with the file.

Cheers,

The Black Knight

Attachments

• ForAll_dialog.c
    99.2 KB · Views: 120
Started work on a proper (and well-known) Baltimore clipper for module 3.

http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/pride-of-baltimore-i.21548/

Are you planning on a thread for module 3 yet, or will that come closer to release? (Or am I missing something in the forum?)

@PC: I love Baltimore Clippers BTW :love such sweet graceful vessels.

No as I said before I will be starting a mod discussion thread for GOF Eras Mod3 after Christmas when I release Patch1 for Eras2.

@TheBlackKnight: Thanks for the find. No surprises here. I based GOF Eras on GOF1.0 and 1.1 so its the versions we were using before BUHO joined the team.

I will add the fix to Patch1 and many thanks for bringing this up. :onya

MK

@PC: I love Baltimore Clippers BTW :love such sweet graceful vessels.

I agree. Among the tall ships community, authentic Baltimore Clippers have a bad reputation for safety, but they're perfectly fine if you sail them correctly. They still take a lot of water over the side, and heel a lot*, but that's all part of the fun for me. All you need to do is manage the sail you have up, and your fine in conventional conditions. (That microburst that sunk Pride I would have been hard to survive for any vessel under sail.)

Pride II is still winning most of the tall ships races today, which is a testament to the design of those vessels. I've seen faster, (America 2.0. Actually right out my window.) but those vessels are designed only to go fast, and not to carry any deck load or large quantities of stores. America 2.0 also happens to be made of absurdly light carbon fiber and Aluminum.

You also can't beat the rakish, predatory appearance of those vessels. I'm definitely proud of having them as a uniquely American vessel.

*Great quote from former crew: "Pride I lived half her life at a forty five degree angle."

No as I said before I will be starting a mod discussion thread for GOF Eras Mod3 after Christmas when I release Patch1 for Eras2.

Sorry, forgot all about that.

many thanks for eras module, that is a very good work.

I downloaded it and now I am playing ship of souls quest ( FD quest ). But there is a big problem. When I go to see white boy in pearl village, there is no one except spanish officer in village. he is in the first house at right side but that is all. ( A watchman saw me outside the village and said me '' you can enter village''. so I went there in a legal way :) ). I did the same things in COAS so far but now I don't know what to do. I think this quest is broken.

My ship is bluebird - the quest ship - and I have been sunk once. I did the same things about this quest in COAS so far.
I don't know but If there is a code ( or console command ) that using for skip the white boy scene and continue to quest will be helpful.
I don't want to play the game now because of this problem :(

please help me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back