• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release GOF Historical Eras Module #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
many thanks for eras module, that is a very good work.

I downloaded it and now I am playing ship of souls quest ( FD quest ). But there is a big problem. When I go to see white boy in pearl village, there is no one except spanish officer in village. he is in the first house at right side but that is all. ( A watchman saw me outside the village and said me '' you can enter village''. so I went there in a legal way :) ). I did the same things in COAS so far but now I don't know what to do. I think this quest is broken.

My ship is bluebird - the quest ship - and I have been sunk once. I did the same things about this quest in COAS so far.
I don't know but If there is a code ( or console command ) that using for skip the white boy scene and continue to quest will be helpful.
I don't want to play the game now because of this problem :(

please help me!

So the Flying Dutchman has already sunk your ship one time and you lost all of your officers and gold?

MK

Small bug report.
1. Sloop rigget Hoy seems to have wrong damagebox and causes double signal by loading location.
2. Changing color and coat of arms of sails work not fully correct.
3. Note that Centurion1 model have 33 guns on one side and 32 on another.

Some lights for Centurion1
Centurion1.jpg
http://yadi.sk/d/DfLckCFSDrAAt
and corrected SAILORPOINTS

Attachments

• Centurion1.ini
    2.7 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
I don't know about the Hoy or sails, but the Centurion has 32 guns on each side. I just looked in TOOL and GMViewer and they agree.

I don't know about the Hoy or sails, but the Centurion has 32 guns on each side. I just looked in TOOL and GMViewer and they agree.
You right, sorry. But after editing Ship_init to 2/2/32/32 = 68 I still have a "cannon bug" at right sight

There are several ships that have both a graphics reverse lighting bug and the infamous cannon bug. I will ask Luke159 if he would be so kind as to fix these for me once I have a complete list.

FYI: The mod was not completely finished when I released it. I am still working on some additional capabilities, new ships, new ship skins and a few more characters. Patch1 will actually have a lot of additional content.

However the timing was right for release and I've been promising everyone for so long....so it was good enough for the moment. Sorry I missed a few things here and there.

EDIT: THANKS! very much tum0 for the lights and sailorspoints for Centurion. I will add these to Patch1 and credit you in the mod's "Readme"

MK

Last edited:
There are several ships that have both a graphics reverse lighting bug and the infamous cannon bug. I will ask Luke159 if he would be so kind as to fix these for me once I have a complete list.

FYI: The mod was not completely finished when I released it. I am still working on some additional capabilities, new ships, new ship skins and a few more characters. Patch1 will actually have a lot of additional content.

However the timing was right for release and I've been promising everyone for so long....so it was good enough for the moment. Sorry I missed a few things here and there.

EDIT: THANKS! very much tum0 for the lights and sailorspoints for Centurion. I will add these to Patch1 and credit you in the mod's "Readme"

MK

Sure bud just let me know when your ready and what ships I need to look into and I will try to fix the cannon bug for you.;)

So the Flying Dutchman has already sunk your ship one time and you lost all of your officers and gold?

MK

yes. but before that I gave all my money to moneylender in city and my bluebird - the quest ship- to the port controlller.
after that I bought a tartane and went to the sea. FD sunk my tartane. then I went to find the white boy. but he wasn't there.

After seeing what GOF 2 was like I'm back to Eras. I love all the new ships and content. This time I left my install of GOF alone and started a separate install for Eras. Only this time I'm not having the sound issues I had earlier. I can't believe how much I'm enjoying this game again.

Anyway nothing to report. Just happy you did release it when you did. Looking forward to next months patch.

yes. but before that I gave all my money to moneylender in city and my bluebird - the quest ship- to the port controlller.
after that I bought a tartane and went to the sea. FD sunk my tartane. then I went to find the white boy. but he wasn't there.

OK I have verified that the FD quest is indeed bugged. My apologies. Looks like model substitutions and renaming is to blame for no civilian populous showing up. That is further confirmed when you see the screwed up Spanish officer in the house. However, there is something more at work here I need to discover because that shouldn't prevent whiteboy from spawning because I didn't change out that model. There is a code difference somewhere in one of the quest files or character index files I need to look at to change this. This would be the same reason the English officer is not showing up in the prison on the Morgan questline so even though I haven't been able to yet confirm that one, it would make sense that its bugged too. So the quest fix patch I make will fix both quests.

It shouldn't be a difficult fix but I have limited time at the moment so you will have to wait for a few days. I'm pissed at my Beta tester that said the quest was fine. Sorry!

@Harmsway: Glad you're enjoying the game mate. I myself love it.

MK

Ahoy mates, I'm sorry for interrupting your fun and adventure but the download link appears to be broken, if someone could please fix it I would be much obliged!
Thanks in advance ;)

EDIT: The link works! Can't wait! :)

Last edited:
Possible bug with surrendered ships

I seem to be loosing men during the battle sequence for surrendered ships. Starting with 600 or so men and ending up with 400... even though no fight actually occurred

Anyone else notice this?

Iv been playing eras for a week now, for me it is even better than new horizons.
so much wonderfull wonderfull ships in the game.
just give it a more elaborate open sea +"encounter at sea" mod and you ll get the best ship game.

I do not have enough experience with this game to be able to say one way or the other.

may i ask how much slower you made the ships?
As in compared to GOF 2.
mfg mrscontrol
PS: found out why my ship seams so slow 30/300 crew + not enough navigation
PPS: I have a problem: several taverns are just black for me, can't quick travel out!
HELP! (have reinstalled twice now, will try redownloading the 7zip file)
PPPS: reading the complete initial post helps, ill try the fix

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back