• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Feature Request Gore/Blood

RESOURCE\Textures\splash.tga.tx

I notice that is NOT anywhere in the particles .INI files.
Probably because it is actually animated, it is handled by the game engine, which means we cannot change it.

Damn it, I thought Storm Engine was more like open source :D

What will be the system requirements for Hearts of Oak?
If you can run potc well expect to be able to run HoO also. As potc is not that well optimized atm (altough we're getting better again).

I still haven't given up on this, I just didn't have time to warm my chair and look what might be done about it. If Storm engine 2.8 has it, that I think it can be implemented in the 2.0 version. I just have to figure it out how (with my poor knowledge) :D
Blood and gore would be a nice feature. In COAS, it looks really nice and it makes boardings more spicy :D

As I said before: You CAN NOT copy the particle effects themselves from CoAS. Both games use completely different systems for that.

As I said before: You CAN NOT copy the particle effects themselves from CoAS. Both games use completely different systems for that.

I understand that it has to be made as particle effect. I just fear that it would cause performance issues...

I understand that it has to be made as particle effect. I just fear that it would cause performance issues...
Guns use particle effects too and dont cause noticable lag. same for cannons. so this shouldn't be a problem. if so we could always limit it to only the mainchar causing these effects ...

Well, if you DON'T want to do it as a particle effect, there really isn't an alternative.
Unless you make it REALLY inefficient, that should be no concern though.
The main challenge is to trial-and-error enough so that it LOOKS GOOD.

Back