• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Graphical Bug - Plain White Waters

RLTYProds

Landlubber
Hello! I'm currently experiencing a graphical bug after applying the latest Extra Fix Archive (November 8, 2019). I have not modified any settings prior nor after updating. The graphical bug persists on both old and new saves. I have not encountered any graphical issues of this kind before today. I'd appreciate any help. :)

Specs:

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050ti 4GB
Intel i5-8400 @ 2.80GHz
8GB of RAM

Attachments

• Desktop Screenshot 2019.11.09 - 13.55.01.46.png
    Desktop Screenshot 2019.11.09 - 13.55.01.46.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 515
  • Save.rar
    867.3 KB · Views: 328
  • compile.log
    7.1 KB · Views: 255
  • system.log
    386 bytes · Views: 249
I checked your save on an old version and it's an impressive save if I say so myself seadogs2_0002.jpg :thumbs1 besides that it was fine seadogs2_0000.jpg seadogs2_0001.jpg.
Unfortunately, a new game is mandatory for the new patch. Capture.png seadogs2_0000.jpg so none of my prior saves myself is compatible either. seadogs2_0003.jpg
So sorry about this. I know it must have taken you quite some time to get that far. :( But hey, look at the bright side, new fixes and stuff for our game :dance

@Hylie Pistof or @Grey Roger, does this ring any bells for you? :shock

I also have this problem, even with a new game.:(
At the moment I'm at a loss on what could be going on here.
Bit concerning though that two people independently ran into this.

What if you completely reinstall the game and mod from scratch?
And check whether the sea still looks normal between every step?
Does it then also reproduce?
And indeed only after installing the latest ZIP?

...At the moment I'm at a loss on what could be going on here.
Bit concerning though that two people independently ran into this.

What if you completely reinstall the game and mod from scratch?
And check whether the sea still looks normal between every step?
Does it then also reproduce?
And indeed only after installing the latest ZIP?
Ayup, make that three people. I spoke too soon. I'm not experiencing white water but a problem with the water nevertheless and it's hideous. seadogs2_0001.jpg seadogs2_0002.jpg seadogs2_0004.jpg (From two new games)
And yes. This happened after installing the latest fix or ZIP.

Attachments

• compile.log
    21.7 KB · Views: 237
  • error.log
    182 bytes · Views: 249
  • system.log
    10.3 KB · Views: 258
That's three separate confirmations.
"Confirmed Bug" it is! :8q

I have just installed the latest Build 14 after a very long time including the extra fix archive. Game runs fine but the ocean looks like milk. Is this a known bug?
Untitled.png

this a known bug?
It is now! :rofl

Apparently it was introduced VERY recently.
Probably when @Grey Roger logs into the forum again, he'll look into it.
Chances are it won't take too long to fix.

In the meantime, does anyone have a copy of the previous ZIP by any chance?
I haven't kept up in months, so I don't...

Doing a WinMerge between the previous and current version would show the differences.
And something in those differences must be the culprit.

Ayup, make that three people. I spoke too soon. I'm not experiencing white water but a problem with the water nevertheless and it's hideous. View attachment 35443 View attachment 35444 View attachment 35445 (From two new games)
And yes. This happened after installing the latest fix or ZIP.

That is what POTC looked like before we fixed the sea. Not sure what year it was........2011-2012? So something in the last patch broke the sea. This screenie is from 11-15-2010 when I was taking great care not to show the bad sea.
Le Suprbe-2.jpg

What I remember giving us the most trouble was something called bzzz. Or sumpthin like that.

Did the latest update change something in the MODULES folder?
Something with those 'radeon.sha' files, for example?
I remember I saw some talk about that on the forum last week.
That would be my first thought for what might be going on...

Can also confirm that the sea has become as white as my grandma's hair. I highly doubt it, but maybe the addition of the "more direct-sail encounters" messed around with it?
That toggle is OFF by default, so in theory it shouldn't have any impact.
But maybe a mistake slipped through quality control.
It is indeed a plausible cause too. :onya

That is what POTC looked like before we fixed the sea. Not sure what year it was........2011-2012? So something in the last patch broke the sea. This screenie is from 11-15-2010 when I was taking great care not to show the bad sea.
View attachment 35450

What I remember giving us the most trouble was something called bzzz. Or sumpthin like that.
There are also videos somewhere on YouTube that confirm that this bug was present in the past as @Hylie Pistof said.
I remember seeing such a video at least once, should I find it I will let you know.

That's indeed the "oily water" issue.
And my memory was wrong; it wasn't the .sha file in MODULES that caused it, but bump.zap in RESOURCE somewhere.
See here: Water Issue

I don't recall that causing white water though, so I wouldn't dare to say if we've got an old bug returned or if this is a new one.

I'm currently visiting my dad and reading the forum on a smartphone, so you'll get a full report when I'm back on a PC tomorrow.

Short version: the problem is the new version of "MODULES\sea.dll". You can either:
  1. Do a full new install, starting with CD and finishing with the update. When you copy the update into place, do not copy the "MODULES" folder.
  2. Download part 2, "Contents Archive File", from post #1 of this thread. Extract "MODULES\sea.dll". Do not extract anything else. 7-Zip will read the file; not sure about other programs.
  3. Wait until tomorrow when I'll upload the older "sea.dll".

I'm currently visiting my dad and reading the forum on a smartphone, so you'll get a full report when I'm back on a PC tomorrow.

Short version: the problem is the new version of "MODULES\sea.dll". You can either:
  1. Do a full new install, starting with CD and finishing with the update. When you copy the update into place, do not copy the "MODULES" folder.
  2. Download part 2, "Contents Archive File", from post #1 of this thread. Extract "MODULES\sea.dll". Do not extract anything else. 7-Zip will read the file; not sure about other programs.
  3. Wait until tomorrow when I'll upload the older "sea.dll".
Hope you are having a good time with your family @Grey Roger! :cheers

What was the new sea.dll file going to improve on?

Back