• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Hamilton's music corner and packs

The V1 of the Gentlemans Classical Music Pack is now finally ready, thank you all for waiting.

This pack is as told before for those preferring a more gentleman way of playing, as in the service of your country of choice, therefore most towns got 2 or now even 3 songs while pirates only still got 1.

all music has been replaced with fresh new melodies, including some you would not listen so much to (hopefully the one where you die)

it has music from famous orchestras composed by legendary dirigents and composers as well as more modern yet also classic music and also some folkmusic.

no you won't find Beethoven's 9th Mozarts special piano Waltz or the other ones.

though the pack was in the making since yesterday, i did take great care when selecting music for events and places.

no longer will you hear songs that you've heard like a bazillion times before, these countries currently got their playlists increased by 1.

England
Spain
Portugal
France

travel songs has been increased and there is now an extra song for sea battles and land battles.

it also got more music than the Stock POTC or New Horizons so it is very important to read the instructions found below or in the Readme Installation.text file

OBS for your own sake backup the music files and the sound files mentioned

Sword-of-James-Norrington.jpg

To whom do you pledge thine allegiance unto?

total size of this goes to about 370-380 megabytes so make sure you got some free space.

Part 1 of 3
http://www.mediafire.com/?n7uqqt1q3vb8qwb

Part 2 of 3
http://www.mediafire.com/?65550q0769yama3

Part 3 of 3
http://www.mediafire.com/?8r8e615cljr26cv

Hotfix for the victory songs being too long in the release
http://www.mediafire.com/?s5rv15du63a1da1

PS change voice and effects since some songs are quite silent while others are loud, idk how to fix this yet so i am sorry for that, if anyone want to put up a fixed version where the music will be hearable all the time then that would truly be a godsend.

to install take the music files and put them in RESOURCE/sound/MUSIC folder and overwrite any of the existing ones

it is very important that you do not forget to put sound.c in PROGRAM/sound, overwrite the file there with the one found in the rars

the music_standard.c is to be put in PROGRAM/sound/ALIAS folder, overwrite the file there with the one found in the rars

use winzip or winrar to open them

future releases will be updates or patches or quickfixes, i may also make some different versions upon request but remember i want to focus on the pack made for the community so expect your request to take more time than the community pack.

Planned for future release

increased number of sea battle songs

increased number of travelsongs (land, sea, day and night)

more jungle songs (whenever i get fitting ones)

more governor themes ( will increase number of songs to give a richer variety and will also make changes so that nations without their own playlist will have one)

more church songs (will be low priority unless on demand)

increase songs for

Holland (primarily)
England
Spain
France
Portugal
Pirates (low priority)

increase songs for sea and land battles and for bording sequences and fort captures.

most focused part for the next release.
individual tunes for shop and shipyard (both have to be nation neutral since the songs added will be shared among all nations in the game atm)

planned in the future.
adding fitting songs for forts(when they get their own themes)

Please do tell what you like and don't so i can improve this music pack, i will change music according to what the majority wants but also do some work for the minority as well.

if you want to voice with me or chat about anything (especially POTC NH related) then add anders916.

I installed this and started a new game. Have not gone far yet, but I do like the Dutch town music and one of the tunes in the tavern. You said you would make the tavern music darker and this one is ok. Dark is good.

Glad you like it.

update 1 is going on well, with up to 3 new songs for holland in addition sofar (decided to focus on one item at a time to finish this it the best way i see fit)

remember that the future updates will keep on adding more songs, so if you want to unlock them you will have to start a new game unless someone figured out how to edit the saves to let you listen to them.

and here is Update 1 (had to fix a shop and shipyard not being separate).
http://www.mediafire.com/?82k2lof9xq4mpzq

the content is as follows
the music_standard.c file (updated ofcourse)
3 new tracks for Dutch towns
1 new track for the shop
1 new track for the shipyard
1 new victory song
you will need to overwrite your current Cfile with the one provided in the update or these songs will not play in the game.

next planned release focus will be determined by demand from the community.

i now figured something helpful out while playing

as i made a new game to hear the new music i added, it didn't go so well on it so i loaded an older game to play and put the old save in an new profile, voilá i had the new music in the old save.

so make a new game and put the old save file in the new profile just to enable the new songs to come in to the old sessions, or keep playing that new game, it's all up to you.

well i honestly do not know how to fix this but i really would like to know how to make the songs more pleasant to listen to, especially the earhurting ones which really are good.

at this time as i said i do not possess the knowledge or the know how to do this so if someone could either help make a fix or tell me what to do i will do it.

but i reckon the first said is better, so if anyone want to be volume checker and fix it i really would be grateful.

all you got to do is to pm me about wanting to help and then we can use a shared version of mediafire and ofcourse get the musicpack including the newest update.

because i want to let the ones using this pack to enjoy it truthfully.

until this is fixed the jungle exploration song for example will be replaced by a more tolerable song by volume.

new in the coming update 2..
combat songs on land increased by 2
death songs increased by 1
victory song 2 replaced by shorter one.
old paluba track replaced by a new one.
3-4 new sea battle songs (one of the songs are over 14 minutes long, good for extended battles, still a test to see if song over 5 to 10 minutes can be properly put in for battle tracks)
2 new shop and shipyard songs
Jungle Exploration song replaced for the time being, until i figure out how to properly work out the volumes, or get help with it.

and more (perhaps, want to make a more proper job with this one than the previous update, so please bear with me).

Update 2 has been released
http://www.mediafire.com/?c5dd5x3ymc3wov4

tested the jungle song, it is now a much quieter one which is it is supposed to be so it is heard by the subconcious more than by yourself, especially if you are in a storm.

all other songs works well, no abnormalities.

please comment and say what you like or dislike so i can take that in mind with future updates.

Hello and welcome back to my thread and sorry for not being in touch for such a long time.

I have not forgotten my self appointed duty to help increase quality of gameplay with good tunes with which you can enjoy the game further.

If you think that the current music pack used in the game is no good then tell me and i will increase my efforts to publish a better one, and i need a tester to check sound quality, and volume so everything is just right.

for V3 of my Gentlemans Classical Pack i will spend time in order to pick the right tracks for the right kind of moods.

Back