• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Hard lagg everytime, everywhere

3zre

Landlubber
Hi guys I'm new here so to the point: I suffer terribly from laggs, big laggs actually. I installed clean PotC and then newest version of Build from moddb.com In install options i checked better graphics option (sorry don;t remember correct name of that) and yes I tried second time without it. On both installs game laggs as hell. No CTD's, no bugs only persistent lagg. (I installed everything as it was told in many tutorials. Step by step.)

I have Win 8 x64 , GForce GTS 250 graphic card, 4GB RAM and Dual core Processor so I don't think it is because of my stuff. Maybe anyone else fought with problem like that and wish to help? :)

Did the game lag before installing the modpack? Can you confirm that the ENB files are no longer in your main game folder?
If they ARE still there, there should be an Uninstaller EXE you can use to get rid of it.

Can you post your .log files? Just so I can check if there aren't a lot of things being logged for some reason?

You could set debuginfo to 0 in engine.ini . That will disable the error logging and could improve performance a bit.

I uninstalled ENB correctly (using uninstaller provided). I will try with debuginfo and tell u results.

Debuginfo changed to 0 provided me with laggs even in game menu and opening video :) Could you tell me what to do exactly to provide u with logs cuz I don't want to upload them here for ages :)

I just deleted whole thing and will try again maybe something was messed up. I will tell you soon whats up.

Hmmnn..my game got a lot better in performance with the new and modified ENGINE.exe.
Have you tried the latest update? DOWNLOAD UPDATE - Updated: Tuesday 8 November 2013

And yes, during game, if problem occurs again, after you exit the game provide the log files as an attachment here (compile/error/system).
So it can be further checked out.

You can ZIP up those .log files from your main game folder and attached them to your forum post.
But if setting debuginfo to 0 in engine.ini didn't help, then that can't be the cause anyway.

Game without any mods is laggy too. So it must be a problem from my side -.- Dunno what is going on because I'm always downloading updates etc. Confused.

Oh..so even with the original game aye? The vanilla version for me when I played it was good in terms of performance, no lags and crashes but SOOOoo BUGGY.. hmmn..:shrug - switch back to windows 7 again ..hehehe :p -but nah, try that one first

If the unmodded game is laggy as well, you might want to check what programs are running in the background.
Perhaps something is interfering? Hylie Pistof might have some ideas on how to improve on that. He'll be around soon, I'm sure.

Hmm. Until last February I was using an old quad core cpu and a video card just a little bit better than yours on win7 64 and POTC ran fine. So it is not your hardware unless you have your graphics settings set up insanely high.

It might be that other programs are using too much system resources. I use Turbo Boost to get better performance and it is free.
turbo boost.jpg

Ninja'd again!

There are a ton of errors and all different. There is also something odd going on when you shut down. You are using win8 64 and I am using win7 64. Hit alt-ctrl-delete and start task manager, then click on performance and see how much ram you are using. I am using 3gb of ram right now and it is possible that you do not have enough ram to run everything you have while gaming.

EDIT: The daily antivirus scan just started and now it is using 4gb of ram.

Other games laggs only because of weak stuff. I used to play games like Silent Hunter 5 or World of Tanks on max graphics and they worked fine. Only that one kills me :/

Pobably tomorrow when I wake up I should go and say "Hello my old friend" to Win XP. Even Baldur's Gate works perfectly on Win 8 and this is game from 1998 -.- this system is sick ;p

Back