• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Hard lagg everytime, everywhere

Can you set up a profile just for POTC in your nvidia control panel? It would probably run best with everything set to "performance" with some AA and AF added.

Some very definite weird stuff in that system.log . Stuff I've never seen before!
Code:
ReleaseVertexBuffer::ReleaseVertexBuffer
Undefined error
What's that?

Also, a lot of these inbetween the "normal" stuff:
Code:
Release
Undefined error

I wish to know too. My only think is that is a problem with rendering or something like that. I will blow everything to hell and install Win XP. :) Thanks for your help guys.

That kind of stuff looks to be video card related. It's a fairly old one so maybe it is full of dust and overheating, or just dying. Or maybe the latest drivers are not optimized for old DX8 games? :shrug

Some very definite weird stuff in that system.log . Stuff I've never seen before!
Code:
ReleaseVertexBuffer::ReleaseVertexBuffer
Undefined error
What's that?

Also, a lot of these inbetween the "normal" stuff:
Code:
Release
Undefined error
probally because he has debug on in the internal stettings.

Try running the game in compatability mode XP and see if that works (I dont know for sure in w8 if its there) try to enable something like "disable visual themes. That sometimes bugs with a game and else will increase your performance also. You could try other compatability options also.

Also check your power settings for both your videocard and processor and put them (for now) so they run at max always and see if thats the case. I've heard some programs make the system think its not on heavy load so it scales down the performance.

You'd have to enable DEBUG on purpose. Plus I don't see how that is related; it is just a mod-added toggle.

this
Code:
Unable to open resource\sounds\sails_up

looks to me like 3 possible options. 1 there is another program using this (seeing its a sound file it could be some kind of media player is trying to index it). Or some kind of program is blocking it. for example a virus scanner which thinks its a virus and put it in quarentine. Or the game install was corrupted.

Actually, I have been seeing such messages in LOTS of people's system.log files. Including my own.
It should be referring to this line in PROGRAM\sound\ALIAS\sounds_english.c:
Code:
tmpref.sails_up.f1.name = "OBJECTS\SHIPCHARGE\_set_up.wav";
And therefore actually try to load resource\sounds\OBJECTS\SHIPCHARGE\_set_up.wav .
Which is triggered by this line in PROGRAM\SEA_AI\AIShip.c:
Code:
PlayStereoSound("#sails_up");
This has the new "#" in it, which is something Pirate_KK added, but I don't know why because I didn't look into it.
The strange part though is that for the most part, that sound DOES work. So why is the game being all confused on it?
I'm pretty sure it is related to the new sound system that was included as per Beta 3.

Did you try running the engine in compatability mode already (with visual themes disabled)?

Back